Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I like apple maps a lot and used it exclusively with Sync3. It was awesome looking up a destination on the way to the vehicle then having it start nav as soon as I started driving. However with sync4 for some reason I haven’t had that same experience and it also bugs me not being able to put the nav full screen.

I do really like the updates to Apple Maps though and will have to give it another try.
Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I tilt more toward a stronger statement of just plain NO. With the in dash apple maps experience and some recent bugs with Waze and carplay, I switch to almost excusively using apple maps. Damned if it wasn't two days later that I got a camera speed trap ticket. I've now switched back to Waze. Apple maps doesn't successfully report speed traps, speed cameras, stoplight cameras or anything.
Ummmm, recent bugs with Waze and CarPlay so you switched almost exclusively using Apple Maps?

You are aware that the only way you can use Apple Maps is via CarPlay.

You switched back to Waze despite the recent bug issues?

Apple has never reported things like speed traps, speed cameras, stop light cameras, etc so this shouldn’t be a surprise.

The only way that Waze reports speed traps is via crowd sourcing so it’s not automatic. Apple maps has the ability to use crowd sourcing as well but many people tend not to use this feature in Apple Maps because they’re so used to Waze.

OP
OP
sonofzell

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
You are aware that the only way you can use Apple Maps is via CarPlay.
I'm not sure what you mean by this... Maps can be used on your phone directly just like any of the other apps. I used it last night in my daughter's 2011 Nissan.

I've also used it (as well as Google maps) occasionally in the city when not even driving for walking or public transit guidance.

21F150_208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I left Google years ago and was disappointed when they acquired Waze. I am not a huge fan of Google.

Waze traffic routing feature has proven itself over and over for me. I haven't seen the same capability from Apple Maps, but I don't use Maps as much to find out. Is it there?

The Ford Nav maps look a lot better and works better than Acura or INFINITI. While I love the Acura, its Nav system places my car 1/4 mile off shore, in an apparent boat mode for the first mile or two. I haven't tried motor boating the thing yet.

I was just thinking how old CarPlay looks. The new visuals haven't appeared for my routes yet.

All commercial software has bugs. By the time you see one, they already have started working on the patch.

Toucan2442

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB
Occupation
Self Employed
I might be going crazy but since the latest update it seems like apple car play screen as a border around it that it didn't use to have?? I swear it was added and I dont enjoy the looks of it compared to the older way it was displayed.

Sponsored

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I might be going crazy but since the latest update it seems like apple car play screen as a border around it that it didn't use to have?? I swear it was added and I dont enjoy the looks of it compared to the older way it was displayed.
Yup, I noticed it as well, but some people claim that this border has been there before. Perhaps it was, but not to this extent. It seems to me the CarPlay resolution shrunk after the 2.3.0 OTA

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I'm not sure what you mean by this... Maps can be used on your phone directly just like any of the other apps. I used it last night in my daughter's 2011 Nissan.

I've also used it (as well as Google maps) occasionally in the city when not even driving for walking or public transit guidance.
What I meant was that the poster said that he or she had “bugs with Waze and CarPlay“ and right after that, he or she said that they switched to almost using Apple Maps hence the reason I said that Apple Maps is CarPlay.

I’m fully aware that Apple Maps as well as other navigation apps can be used on a smart phone.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Wife and I gave Apple Maps a try with CarPlay in and around Chicago. Its pretty smooth with transitions between app options. As for the 3D data, we saw some, but not as awesome as the initial post. The lack of data/information about things that slow your trip down aren't very prevalent; probably due to a lack of user input.

We will give it a try when we head to Indianapolis in a few weeks.

I think we are just too use to Google Maps and/or Waze.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Select AWD
Occupation
Software Developer
...I don't recall seeing any mention of the maps app in the release note, but the increased level of detail and smoothness of animation were immediately obvious. Looks beautiful IMHO...
It gets even better than that if you have Ford's 15" screen.

Everything using CarPlay just got BIGGER and TALLER in the last Mach-E update too, so the CarPlay area is more square than before and the menu is now on the BOTTOM instead of the left side.

Every CarPlay app looks better... Lists are now longer, maps are bigger.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’m looking forward to the Apple Maps update coming to GA and I’m definitely ready for Apple Wallet to activate the digital drivers license feature for GA.

aldi20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just wish Ford would update it so could use CarPlay full screen.
Sponsored