Sponsored

Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
That's the current box 👍 Keep in mind, boxes ordered from Amazon are not always able to receive direct customer support through Carlinkit. They want you going through the Amazon seller for support. For direct support they want you to order direct from Carlinkit website. Keep in mind, thats China. If you decide to return you pay return shipping and restocking fee. So far you've always been able to just download the firmware updates from their website so no problem. They're moving to OTA updates now. My current box is from Amazon, it checks for OTA updates and says using most current. Hopefully there will never be a problem. Just passing along my findings 👍
Sponsored

2022Bruce_L

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL RCSB
That's the current box 👍 Keep in mind, boxes ordered from Amazon are not always able to receive direct customer support through Carlinkit. They want you going through the Amazon seller for support. For direct support they want you to order direct from Carlinkit website. Keep in mind, thats China. If you decide to return you pay return shipping and restocking fee. So far you've always been able to just download the firmware updates from their website so no problem. They're moving to OTA updates now. My current box is from Amazon, it checks for OTA updates and says using most current. Hopefully there will never be a problem. Just passing along my findings 👍

That's excellent information as it assists in making a purchasing decision. Thank you very much!

I've added that one to my shopping cart on amazon!

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's excellent information as it assists in making a purchasing decision. Thank you very much!

I've added that one to my shopping cart on amazon!
You got it. The box will most likely need to be updated. You'll need micro SD and the firmware found here. After this version, they say it will be OTA. To achieve full screen, check previous posts for tricks. Must be on the 20230630 firmware though for full screen.

Carlinkit Firmware Update

2022Bruce_L

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL RCSB
You got it. The box will most likely need to be updated. You'll need micro SD and the firmware found here. After this version, they say it will be OTA. To achieve full screen, check previous posts for tricks. Must be on the 20230630 firmware though for full screen.

Carlinkit Firmware Update

Awesome!! Again, thank you so very much for all this info.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So I finally got my NAVIKS audio/video interface installed on my truck over the weekend, and I am VERY happy with it! Because I wanted to integrate 2 extra media sources into my touchscreen (phone mirroring of audio/video via HDMI and a wireless trailer camera via RCA), a separate toggle switch was added to toggle from the digital to analog signal to and from the module. By plugging in my phone to the HDMI cable, all I have to do is press and hold the back button for 2 seconds and set my medio source to USB1, and I can view/hear whatever is on my phone is full quality with zero lag or performance issues. Press and hold the back button again, and I am back on the Sync screen.

If I want to use my wireless camera, then I flip the toggle switch mounted in the center console and it switches to the RCA input on the module to show the trailer mounted camera on my touchscreen.

I have used NAVIKS products in the past and was very happy with them, and this gadget only adds to my satisfaction with them. It is not the cheapest option, but for what I wanted to accomplish, it was the best and of very few options out there with the capability to do what I wanted to do.

https://naviks.com/i-24077256-2021-...4-camera-inputs-left-right-front-trailer.html

I plan to make a video of how it works that I will post on here sooner than later.

sswalters

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just bought the MagicBox 2.0. I have a 2021 KR with all the updates. Can download any app, and just watched Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube TV for 4 hours straight each way on a road trip this past weekend.

Shows full screen on my Sync4 system. Runs easily off the phone hotspot. Zero issues. Surround sound on the truck was incredible.

Can't speak for the other boxes, but I know personally the MB 2.0 works great.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't find any links to the update file, am I missing something?
Same here. Not sure where USB comes into the process? USB does not appear on my end at this point anyway. Will report back if I see anything else.

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Same here. Not sure where USB comes into the process? USB does not appear on my end at this point anyway. Will report back if I see anything else.
Looks like download link is live for Android 13. I did not check if its avaliable OTA.

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the heads-up 👍 I'll probably give it a shot. Even though I've read where there's not much of a visual difference and if it's working, stick with the current version. There's always downgrade and reset.

re: Carlinkit TBox firmware

Drew Hager

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150
Occupation
Driver

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carlinkit has recently introduced a new device, which outwardly appears distinct from their previous Tbox Plus model. However, upon closer inspection, it seems that the Android system on the new device remains quite similar to that of the Tbox Plus. Notably, they have also reduced the price of the Tbox Plus model.

企业微信截图_20230830153148.png
https://carlinkitcarplay.com/produc...id-13-0-wireless-carplay-multimedia-video-box
Nice price for sure. Looks to be exact box as previously shipped just upgraded to Android 13. After applying the update to my own TBox all seems to be running pretty well. Finiding issue with split screen but that's about it so far. Still a very solid box with reliable, quick performance.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Nice price for sure. Looks to be exact box as previously shipped just upgraded to Android 13. After applying the update to my own TBox all seems to be running pretty well. Finiding issue with split screen but that's about it so far. Still a very solid box with reliable, quick performance.
I upgraded and I am now having even more difficulty to maintain full screen on startup. Before I would periodically switch to android auto on my cell phone to expand the screen then switch back and it would be full screen but now every time I start up I ahbe to do this switching back and forth until it goes full screen

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
I just got my CarlinKit TBox, DSB-0230. I have a question for those that use it.

Since it's the taking over and Google Assistant is handling the "Long Speak" button press on the steering wheel, how do ask to make a call? How about text messages? I did add the phone to AutoKit and BT Phone makes a call through my phone, but if I ask Google Assistant to do anything it will use the built in Phone app.

I'm trying to see how to setup everything the best way, but I would like to still be able to make phone calls, get text messages, send messages - using the voice commands. My phone is an iPhone, if this is important.
Sponsored

Last edited: