Sponsored

Magic Box for watching Netflix in F-150?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Careful with these little AIO boxes. There's been several reports of them shipping with malware, even from large companies. Chinese just don't have any shame.
Sponsored

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
New Carlinkit box here, works 8/10 great. Google maps on one half the screen, Joe Rogan-style podcast on the other half; eyes on the road 92% of the time with the occasional glance down to see what that crazy thing he just googled.

If Bluecruise ain't complaining about my eyeball time then I'm sure it's fine.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
New Carlinkit box here, works 8/10 great. Google maps on one half the screen, Joe Rogan-style podcast on the other half; eyes on the road 92% of the time with the occasional glance down to see what that crazy thing he just googled.

If Bluecruise ain't complaining about my eyeball time then I'm sure it's fine.
My only complaint, the time is never correct. I'm East Coast, Florida, have you figured out a way to have your box display the correct time for your time zone? Joe Rogan has definitely gone red pill. Hopefully more will follow in his footsteps 🤞 Common sense says "yes", reality says "maybe". 'Newcomers' say "hell no". We should all say "BEAT IT"

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
have you figured out a way to have your box display the correct time for your time zone?
Yes, go to settings, date & time, check "automatically set time"

internet connection required. Each time the Autolinkit boots up the time will be in china, but after the internet connection is established (most likely via wifi hotspot from your cellphone) the time will auto update. This makes for a goofy first 45 seconds as google maps will show strange ETA but it will rectify itself before you get out of the neighborhood

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I stream using the att WiFi and an iPad during trips. CarPlay active on the center display. I guess I’m unsure what we’re trying to improve on with this device?

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Yes, go to settings, date & time, check "automatically set time"

internet connection required. Each time the Autolinkit boots up the time will be in china, but after the internet connection is established (most likely via wifi hotspot from your cellphone) the time will auto update. This makes for a goofy first 45 seconds as google maps will show strange ETA but it will rectify itself before you get out of the neighborhood
Nice! I can live with being 24hrs late to my destination for the first 45 sec 🤣

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
I stream using the att WiFi and an iPad during trips. CarPlay active on the center display. I guess I’m unsure what we’re trying to improve on with this device?
Quite a few things for me personally. I don't CarPlay, though I used to Android Auto, but found it to be a gimped experience (no searching while in motion, no adding a stop to a route underway, no searching surrounding area for anything other than coffee or gas, etc).

Ability to split screen navigation with YouTube or other similar video.

Ability to enter my fuelly fuelups right in the truck; my phone isn't set up for that.

iPad probably better at all those tasks, but you'd need to hang it somewhere (on a rammount maybe?) and also bring it with you. The magicbox solution for me means I've got a mediocre $200 tablet already in the truck at all times and it's already mounted to the vehicle.

And also it would upset me if I had what amounts to a tablet built into my truck but I was unable to fully utilize it as such.

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I’m a bit knee jerk averse to tinkering with the trucks’ systems lol. I applaud the daring do of members here who modify and adapt these trucks to better suit their needs!

Wmflyfisher

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
I have it and it’s buggy but does work with some patience. Make sure you get it all hooked up and working before you get going down the highway.

Eighthtry

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I hope The Queen is not reading this.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Carlinkit TBox seems to be the best of the bunch as it actually maintains fullscreens which is the real problem for all the "AI" boxes. That being said, they all have their issues at times. Far from perfect.
I have Carlinkit. Been using it for a long time so far. Latest firmware, no issue with full screen, everything works perfectly.

The only issue is youtube where "shorts' doesnt expand properly, and i for some reason on my screen a 0.25" area on the right side does not respond to touch.

As much as i like naviks which would be a lot better (say hooked up to a firestick), it is much easier to use the screen using the android box to say control climate control, or rearview camera, etc or take calls since it functions exactly like car play. Feels more seamless.

For only $150bucks TOTALLY worth it. I have used in my F150, rental explorer, and my daughters new 2024 Civic. IT works on every car which is alot better than a Naviks.
Sponsored