Sponsored

Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
NICE!! It took some time but they made it happen for us. Love it! Tried my share of "ai boxes" while I was waiting. None came close to the TBox Max for speed and reliability. Support going strong too 👍

Installed Google Voice, not a good idea. It bricked my TBox, not alone from my research.

Let's post back here with our experience with the new update.

This new update does support OTA updates, another big bonus!

20230628_182552.jpg

20230628_182614.jpg
NICE!! It took some time but they made it happen for us. Love it! Tried my share of "ai boxes" while I was waiting. None came close to the TBox Max for speed and reliability. Support going strong too 👍

Installed Google Voice, not a good idea. It bricked my TBox, not alone from my research.

20230628_182552.jpg

20230628_182614.jpg
That's great to hear, and agreed, the support is great. Now to see if the full screen persists through ford otas.
Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Options are good 🙂

Do you know of a way to integrate the phone and messages apps without having a separate sim card?

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc 20230628_205656

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer

20230628_182552.jpg

20230628_182614.jpg
How did you make it go full screen? I updated the firmware to the latest file and it still not showing in full screen.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How did you make it go full screen? I updated the firmware to the latest file and it still not showing in full screen.
With Carplay tab displayed on the bottom of sync and your ai box displaying on the screen (when it's not in full screen), click settings or features tab on the bottom of sync, then click back to Carplay. That usually does it for me if it's not full screen. Try it and let me know. If not you can try this. I'm android but Carplay should do the same if you're apple user. In the past I had to first choose my Android phone in the Sync Phone List under settings on Sync. Then, click the Android Auto Tab at the bottom of sync. Choose maps for example and make sure maps is full screen, you might have to hit the Android Auto tab in the bottom of Sync twice to see Fullscreen in Android Auto or Carplay if you're using iPhone. Then, you can go back to Sync Settings tab, choose TBox (when it's available, it might take a min) and that should make it display full screen. I get full screen now though without even having my Android phone in my truck. Much better than previous versions. I'm loving this new update. It also resolved the audio issues when using maps and other apps simultaneously. Split screen is also available again since we have Fullscreen 👍

Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc IMG_5395

Sweet deal. Did it fix the audio sync issue? Haven’t checked yet.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IMG_5395.jpeg

Sweet deal. Did it fix the audio sync issue? Haven’t checked yet.
My audio has been great ever since the update. I make a point if I'm going to be using navigation and a different application at the same time, I always launch the navigation first and then go back to the home screen which minimizes the navigation. Fom there I open the second app and all is well with the map being minimized over the second app. This seems to always prevent the audio issue which I believe was caused by Google Maps wanting to go to just the front or a single speaker instead of through all the speakers. That's just my guess though.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is a random reply. I've been reading this thread through since the start. I have the Naviks unit myself. All of this info is knew to me.... But I am noticing your air conditioning touch screen controls. Is this just a Ford (lariat, king rach, etc) option? What year truck and model do you have?
That is a FORscan mod. Once you enable the Unreal Sync theme, you can enable that feature to have a/c controls on the bottom of the touch screen.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/

I can't wait to install my Naviks HDMI interface on mine. At some point this month, I'm taking my truck to get my sound system redone and plan on having them install that at the same time.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like carlinkit released an update that supposedly resolves the full screen issue. Too bad I don't have my truck atm or I would test it out.
Heads-up, new firmware update - 6.30 Looks like to use the OTA will we are required us to use the memory card one last time.

Carlinkit TBox Update

Sponsored

LightF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 2.7 XL SC
Is this their latest/more powerful unit? “Android 12 QCM6125 8g+128g carlinkit carplay ai box plus carplay wireless android auto adapter best configuration youtube box” or is the 5.0 2air the latest?

LightF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 2.7 XL SC
Is this their latest/more powerful unit? “Android 12 QCM6125 8g+128g carlinkit carplay ai box plus carplay wireless android auto adapter best configuration youtube box” or is the 5.0 2air the latest?
Well, never mind. I just started looking at these units. It appears that the CARLUEX PRO+ has Android 13 and may be the better unit?

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Speaking from personal experience, I would avoid the Carluex. I had lots of issues with it and it didn't perform as well as the Carlinkit Max. Also, it rubbed me the wrong way that they show a New York address on their website but ship from China. While the delivery was quick, the return cost me 50 bucks in shipping and restock feed. The Carlinkit Facebook page states their Android 11 cannot upgrade to 12 but the 12 can upgrade to 13 in the near future. Hope this helps.

LightF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 2.7 XL SC
Speaking from personal experience, I would avoid the Carluex. I had lots of issues with it and it didn't perform as well as the Carlinkit Max. Also, it rubbed me the wrong way that they show a New York address on their website but ship from China. While the delivery was quick, the return cost me 50 bucks in shipping and restock feed. The Carlinkit Facebook page states their Android 11 cannot upgrade to 12 but the 12 can upgrade to 13 in the near future. Hope this helps.
Thanks. The link I posted in OP; is that the latest?

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. The link I posted in OP; is that the latest?
That's the one. Amazon Carlinkit Store has a coupon on it right now and it's out the door for around $160 instead of over $300. Even cheaper than buying direct from their own website. The free 30 day return is what matters to me. When you get it, you'll most likely need to do firmware upgrade to achieve full screen. You'll need a micro SD card for the update. The new firmware will allow OTA updates moving forward.
Sponsored