Streaming video on Display?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That we have in common. I have 2 phones in the truck, and neither of them are using Android Auto.

I find Sync4's native interface and features preferable. And I also am monitor OBDLink PIDs.

An HDMI input is something I want to explore just to see if any of the extended functions I might find appealing. Really curious about Miracast.
Sponsored

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm happy with OBDLink on a secondary phone with no SIM required. (It IS using the Sync4 Hotspot for streaming Audible/Spotify, if desired)

Ford F-150 Streaming video on Display? 20230620_105628

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I'm happy with OBDLink on a secondary phone with no SIM required. (It IS using the Sync4 Hotspot for streaming Audible/Spotify, if desired)

20230620_105628.jpg
Ah, I’ve got a similar setup, permanent android phone for highway radar Mounted in the same spot and lower mount for iPhone.

Assuming you’ve got OBDLink and sync audio over Bluetooth?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes sir. Exactly.

My second phone is my primary phone and is solely for phone calls and monitoring corporate email.

Ford F-150 Streaming video on Display? 20230522_093339

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Carlinkit Max is hands down the way to go IMO. The Max has great specs and is full screen on the Sync 4 as shown in the photo. They have a $104 coupon on Amazon right now too and always 30-day free return. You could even download an OBDLink app from the Play Store, run the app in split screen on the Carlinkit. Best of both worlds. For me, having my navigation, video, audio and so much more all in one unit is great. You can even unplug the box and use it in a different vehicle. It's as easy as plugging into the USB port under the AC controls. When you unplug it, it's like it was never there. They respond to customer needs with firmware updates too, that's important.

Carlinkit Max

Ford F-150 Streaming video on Display? Screenshot_20230705_002046_Photos

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just to be clear you can use wireless CarPlay and use OBDLink at the same time.

The only thing you can’t do is use the trucks hot spot and wireless CarPlay at the same time.

I’ve used this and do not recommend.

https://naviks.com/i-24077256-2021-...4-camera-inputs-left-right-front-trailer.html
Why do you not recommend this product? I am about to install one in my truck. Not just for an HDMI interface for my phone, but to integrate a wireless camera I want to mount behind my boat when I am towing it. In my case, I need something with a HDMI/coaxial input to accomplish my goal, but I am curious as yo why you didn't like it. I have used Navik products in the past and was very happy with them which is why I went with them again now.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Why do you not recommend this product? I am about to install one in my truck. Not just for an HDMI interface for my phone, but to integrate a wireless camera I want to mount behind my boat when I am towing it. In my case, I need something with a HDMI/coaxial input to accomplish my goal, but I am curious as yo why you didn't like it. I have used Navik products in the past and was very happy with them which is why I went with them again now.
Regarding naviks

Great customer service, was trying to use it for a dual screen laptop setup. They worked with me a got me a firmware update, gotta take the whole dash apart unplug the coxial cable(which is a bear) then plug in the usb c to update. Awesome fixed and worked out everything back together.

Then I bought an Apple TV, didn’t work, talked to them required another firmware update. Just not worth the effort to me to pull the dash apart every time I get a new device.

If it had a different mounting location or a different setup for firmware updates I might still be using it. It’s currently sitting in a box waiting for me to sell it.

Also I looked in the “Dashlynx” they’ve basically gone through and spammed every car forum, but providing no actual information. Seems a little sketchy.

https://www.enclaveforum.net/thread...creens-and-or-navigation-systems.27416/page-2

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Regarding naviks

Great customer service, was trying to use it for a dual screen laptop setup. They worked with me a got me a firmware update, gotta take the whole dash apart unplug the coxial cable(which is a bear) then plug in the usb c to update. Awesome fixed and worked out everything back together.

Then I bought an Apple TV, didn’t work, talked to them required another firmware update. Just not worth the effort to me to pull the dash apart every time I get a new device.

If it had a different mounting location or a different setup for firmware updates I might still be using it. It’s currently sitting in a box waiting for me to sell it.

Also I looked in the “Dashlynx” they’ve basically gone through and spammed every car forum, but providing no actual information. Seems a little sketchy.

https://www.enclaveforum.net/thread...creens-and-or-navigation-systems.27416/page-2
Ah-ha. Very good info. So, anytime you need to update the Naviks unit, it requires you connecting to it via a USB cable? What I'm going to do then, is leave a USB-C cable connected to it when I get it installed and leave that cable somewhere where I have access to it. That way, I can just take my laptop to my truck and update it without having to take the dash apart to access it. I am glad I asked!

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Ah-ha. Very good info. So, anytime you need to update the Naviks unit, it requires you connecting to it via a USB cable? What I'm going to do then, is leave a USB-C cable connected to it when I get it installed and leave that cable somewhere where I have access to it. That way, I can just take my laptop to my truck and update it without having to take the dash apart to access it. I am glad I asked!
That was my thought to however, the usb c cable is blocked by the coxial connection and you can’t have the power connected to unit from truck while it’s updating.

In theory if you setup the devices you need first you “shouldn’t” need to update firmware.

But I change my device often to experiment with new stuff.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
That was my thought to however, the usb c cable is blocked by the coxial connection and you can’t have the power connected to unit from truck while it’s updating.

In theory if you setup the devices you need first you “shouldn’t” need to update firmware.

But I change my device often to experiment with new stuff.
Gotcha. I don't plan on adding anything else, so I should be good to go. What I need to do is contact Naviks to perform any firmware updates I need to run what I want to run on it before I get it installed.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Gotcha. I don't plan on adding anything else, so I should be good to go. What I need to do is contact Naviks to perform any firmware updates I need to run what I want to run on it before I get it installed.
Test your devices, if you have any issues give them a call. They helped me immediately.

I got it when it first came out so maybe everything has been resolved?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Test your devices, if you have any issues give them a call. They helped me immediately.

I got it when it first came out so maybe everything has been resolved?
I've had mine sitting in my garage for months, so I think getting it updated beforehand would be a good idea.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I highly recommend the Naviks device.

I tried a few of the boxes that work by imitating CarPlay/AA and they were all buggy and junk compared to the Naviks in my opinion- not to mention they can’t utilize the full screen like the Naviks device can ( Naviks takes over the entire screen top to bottom without the menu/status bars) .

I use the Naviks as a second screen for my laptop multiple times a week and watch TV on a connected Chromecast almost daily due to my kid’s sports schedules. I had a couple questions during install and their support was great and quick to respond. Well worth the extra cost compared to the other options.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Carlinkit Max is hands down the way to go IMO. The Max has great specs and is full screen on the Sync 4 as shown in the photo. They have a $104 coupon on Amazon right now too and always 30-day free return. You could even download an OBDLink app from the Play Store, run the app in split screen on the Carlinkit. Best of both worlds. For me, having my navigation, video, audio and so much more all in one unit is great. You can even unplug the box and use it in a different vehicle. It's as easy as plugging into the USB port under the AC controls. When you unplug it, it's like it was never there. They respond to customer needs with firmware updates too, that's important.

Carlinkit Max

Screenshot_20230705_002046_Photos.jpg

This might be a winner, how did you full screen to work?
Sponsored