Sponsored

AMP Research Running Boards feedback / review?

wicked24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5L-TT
Just ordered some AMP Research Running boards. Does anyone have experience with them? They just got the 2021 version available this past week.
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Just ordered some AMP Research Running boards. Does anyone have experience with them? They just got the 2021 version available this past week.
I've been waiting for them to finally be available.
Finally!

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I installed AMP boards on my 2015 F150. I really liked them and didn’t have any issues. They extend farther and are quieter than the OEM power boards that came on my 2021 KR.

If I were to install AMP boards again, I would use liquid electrical tape for the lighting wire connection before applying the heat shrink tubes.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
I installed them on my 2015 F150. I liked them better than the factory ones on my current Ram. They deployed faster. Operation is the same. Only issue I had in 5 years with the ones I installed on my F150 was a dirty gear box. I thought the motor died so I called Amp. They told me what to do and it fixed the issue. They held up great even after being subjected to sand salt up her in the Northeast during winter.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Did you ever get your Amp running boards installed ? I was interested in how it all came together. I Will order from Amp as soon as my truck gets here. I was hoping maybe you could take a measurement from the ground to the top of the step when deployed. Or some phots. Thanks Geo.

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I've had them on Ram and Ford. They are great! Should be much better than the ones Ford made.

Waxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 4x4, Star White
They came installed on my 2018 F150 and I never had a problem in 3 years. As others have mentioned, I liked them better than the OEM ones that are on my 2021. AMP ones seemed quieter, and dropped down further to make getting in and out less of a climb than what Ford came up with on theirs.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They came installed on my 2018 F150 and I never had a problem in 3 years. As others have mentioned, I liked them better than the OEM ones that are on my 2021. AMP ones seemed quieter, and dropped down further to make getting in and out less of a climb than what Ford came up with on theirs.
When my truck shows up I will order them, [ if and when it shows ]. Try to take some photos.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Please let us know how they work out? I want to get some but I am skeptical of tapping two wires. I called to see if the taps were for the lights, I could live without those if it meant not tapping wires. The taps are for the door signals. Amp has been using the taps for other applications forever so they should be good. Do you have any thoughts about the taps?

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please let us know how they work out? I want to get some but I am skeptical of tapping two wires. I called to see if the taps were for the lights, I could live without those if it meant not tapping wires. The taps are for the door signals. Amp has been using the taps for other applications forever so they should be good. Do you have any thoughts about the taps?
I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers, ask for Morgan. He knows what is going on. He said he had 70 pre orders, and was shooting for the middle of May.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My son in law has installed them before. I'll have to look at the taps and see if that is the way to go. Amps been doing this for a few years. I would think they would be concerned about their reputation and warranty. You could get a lot of bad review on a site like this.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
My son in law has installed them before. I'll have to look at the taps and see if that is the way to go. Amps been doing this for a few years. I would think they would be concerned about their reputation and warranty. You could get a lot of bad review on a site like this.
Yes they have been around for a while and they must be pretty good if in the older models some preferred them over factory. Also in the older model F150s they just had the OBD plug with no tapping. They are using a Positap for the door signals for this model year. I bought some of the taps just to see how they work on some test wires. They seem to be pretty good compared to the Scotch Lock T Taps. Punching holes in wires on a brand new truck makes me a little nervous.
Bestop has also been around for at least a decade, their power boards look pretty good and they use wifi transmitters inside of the door jambs for signal with only wires going to the battery for power. Those are appealing to me except for having to change four individual watch batteries in each of the transmitters at least annually.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone received there Amp power step, for 2021 f-150? I called Amp two weeks ago, and they said they have started shipping. Called my vendor 4 Wheel Parts, last week. They are a big out fit, they have not seen any.
Sponsored