Sponsored

KR Running Boards

Road Biker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Just got a new 2022 F150 KR. All good except the running boards are constantly going in and out every time a door is opened regardless if it is set to "off"/"out" or "auto". I'd rather they just stayed out all the time, running or not. Does anyone know if this can be programmed to just stay out?
Sponsored

STUFF2C

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 KR
I’m tall so I don’t use mine. I have them in the off selection and they do not deploy. They work as intended in the auto mode when I have the wife with me. Never tried the always out position but would think they would do as they should in that mode.
I thought I read somewhere if you have 4x4 selected they won’t stay out when you close the doors.
That’s all I have for my first post here 😁

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
and once you go 5 mph they come in , regardless of selection on dash or sync 4
you can change the approach settings to make them stay in until you unlock the truck, but that defeats welcome lighting .

i am tall and use them and my wife is vertically challenged so she really likes them

they do drive me nuts with both sides deploying if you open a door, instead of only deploying on the side you open.
4x4 they do retract,

EDIT
they deploy in rock crawl, i was wrong
you have to turn them off or stow in all 4x4 modes, but they do auto retract somewhere around 5 mph

then one would think..if your in rock crawl 4x4 low, you would not want them dropping down in fear of crunching them

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I put mine on auto but with the delay.
A lot less activity! And pretty much predictable.

Still, walking by with the Fob in your pocket is going to initiate a welcome, unless you do so before the "delay" has timed out.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Still, walking by with the Fob in your pocket is going to initiate a welcome, unless you do so before the "delay" has timed out.
I like the welcome function but wish you could have it not activate at certain GPS locations, like at home. I ended up disabling the function all together because there was one day I kept walking passed the truck doing yardwork at home and the steps would deploy everytime.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The delay would have the boards deploy only once, as you repeatedly walk by, unless you have longer periods of time between each encounter.
Sponsored