Sponsored

Am I reading this right? Auto locking doors when you walk away?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Based on your video, you have a problem somewhere, just not sure what exactly it may be. The door shouldn't lock/unlock while you're just standing next to the truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think you have an issue with your Fob. because when you hit the unlock it wont register.

Do both fobs behave the same? have you tried the second fob? That thing is acting nuts.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Wow. Yours is the only F-150 that does that.

They do not auto lock! WTF?

But, I want that problem! 😂

My only issue with your 'problem' is that you didn't walk away before it locked. I want distance :)

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Based on your video, you have a problem somewhere, just not sure what exactly it may be. The door should NOT lock/unlock while you're just standing next to the truck.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
A base 2016 Miata has walk away locking. A car considered about as analog as you can get in modern times.
It's amazing the amount of tech Ford decided to make available in this new Gen14 truck. But that's a feature that I absolutely appreciate with the little Mazdarati. :)
I would pay $100 for that feature... hope Ford is listening !

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
What happens when you use the other key fob? Put that one somewhere far away and try it all again with the other one.

FLPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a
Thank you. Now I need to find a solution!
Mine would continuously click/unlock automatically when I approached the passenger door. I cleaned the inside of the door handle and it hasn't done it since. I never had it lock automatically though. My guess is something is up with your door handle/sensor. Clean the lock button on the exterior and the inside of the handle and see if that helps. I noticed while washing mine that it will unlock if the fob is in range and I spray the door handle. They seem to be pretty sensitive.

Does it do the same thing on the passenger side?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Big Fish story…:)had to. I have tried for the last 30 minutes to get my truck to auto lock. It just doesn’t do it. I have forgotten to lock my 22PB and the next morning its is…unlocked! I have left it unlocked with the fob. Without the fob. I never touch the door handle to lock, but use it to unlock often.

I do suppose that there could be some sort of programming that got sideways that only affects your truck. Good luck with finding a solution sir. Would love to see the video when you can.
While the trucks don't auto-lock, the alarm does engage. If you don't have your keys in your pocket when you go to open the unlocked truck, you'll be greeted by the horn and lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
So it seems less of an auto lock when you walk away feature and more of a key fob problem.

I'd like to see what happens when you get out of the truck with the key fob, walk away like 50 feet, set the fob down and walk back to the truck. Is it locked then?

With the fob so close it is able to communicate with the truck and do whatever it's doing. It locks almost as soon as the door shuts.

It seems like the fob is confused whether it should lock or unlock, or like the sensor that usually enables the welcome lights is triggering a lock. As others said with the unlock also not responding correctly, I'd lean towards a key fob issue. It seems like it's sending a lock command, but why is a mystery.

big fish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 2022
Occupation
self
The other key fob was even worse, it lasted about 8 days then the battery went dead on it. The dealer replaced it once, but it went low again in about a week. I put it in my dresser far from the garage. I'm ready to use the lemon law and turn the truck in for another one. It's that annoying!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The other key fob was even worse, it lasted about 8 days then the battery went dead on it. The dealer replaced it once, but it went low again in about a week. I put it in my dresser far from the garage. I'm ready to use the lemon law and turn the truck in for another one. It's that annoying!
Ford should actually want that truck.
Unless they already know exactly what the issue is. But I don't think they do.
Truly an outlier.

big fish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 2022
Occupation
self
have an appointment next week. evidently Ford contacted the dealership and wants a full diagnostic test run. I will update with results,
Sponsored