Sponsored

Forscan Experts, I Need Your Help! (Alert when backing up)

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
This weekend I did the forscan mod to enable glare free high beams on my 2023 502a Lariat. Everything went as planned and they seem to be working correctly. However, now I have some odd behavior. EVERY time I put it in reverse I get the repeating do-da-do alert. It's like I'm not buckled or something, but I am. This happens every time I back up. Other than that it's great... any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Undo what you did using the backups I'm sure you made, and then try again. It's easy to accidentally put a wrong character in the wrong place.

OP
OP

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I verified all the values, but was still having the alert. I reloaded and reset all the modules from my backups and started over. This time it worked and I do not have the back up alert... not sure what was wrong.

Anyway, if anything can be learned from this it is the importance of making backups before you start changing values with forscan!

Thanks!

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
You could always post what exact changes you made. other than that we really wont be able to guess what the possible problem would be.

OP
OP

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
You could always post what exact changes you made. other than that we really wont be able to guess what the possible problem would be.
I thought I followed livinitup's spreadsheet exactly, but I must have flipped a bit somewhere unintentionally and couldn't find it. Anyway, the restore and start over resolved it, so that's good.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
When you write anything to the IPMA it will need ot be driven straight with no input to relearn center or youll get the reverse brake assist not available warning.

You wrote to the IPMA to add glare free so its possible that is the warning youre getting.

Did you drive the vehicle at all after ?

OP
OP

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I originally thought maybe it would go away after driving or a few power cycles... but I drove it for a whole day and it was still sounding the alarm in reverse.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Ok, So you restored and made the changes for Glare Free again and all works? Just wanted to make sure i am reading this correctly.

OP
OP

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, So you restored and made the changes for Glare Free again and all works? Just wanted to make sure i am reading this correctly.
Yes, that is correct. I must have fat fingered or unintentionally changed a value, but I couldn't find my mistake. After a restore with my backups I was able to make the changes a second time and it seems to be happy now.

Again, the biggest lesson here is make a backup before you make any changes!
Sponsored