Sponsored

Am I reading this right? Auto locking doors when you walk away?

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I really hope big fish is correct on this one. I'd like ot have this feature.

big fish, you probably already tried this, but have you tried going into the vehicle settings on your touch screen or looking on the Ford pass app?
how do you disable this thing. I hate it! If i want to lock the doors I'll press the button on the key. Most annoying feature ever. I've taken the truck back to the dealership three times to get this feature turned off. They can't do it! any help? It's a f-150 2022.
I really hope this feature is available on the 2021's.

big fish, you probably already tried this, but have you tried going into the vehicle settings on your touch screen or looking in the Ford pass app?

Best of luck!
Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
The truck unlocks itself automatically with the "welcome" setting on doesn't it? Odd that this setting couldn't work in reverse
It does? I just thought the lights came on, and you had to grab the handle to unlock.

As for the one guy who says the truck automatically locks, I'm not sure whats going on there...

For me it only took a year to figure out the little lock button on the door handle was to lock it, not unlock it lol. I was like this thing works like crap! oops haha.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm guessing there's just some confusion going on regarding the subject. Lol

I think I would like both the walkaway locking feature as well as the approach unlock. But both would definitely need to be able to be disabled by the owner.

Hard to imagine that the necessary tech isn't onboard this 2022 KingRanch considering all the approach awareness sensing it has.

I think I've already stated that my 7 year old Miata has walkway locking and that little thing is basically analog compared to this truck! :)

big fish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150 2022
Occupation
self
The dealer thinks there was a mess up in the chip that was installed. Nothing in manual, nothing in the truck programming. I'm stuck and every day I walk up to the truck and try to open the doors I swear at it. The approach opener work about 1/4 of the time, I have to dig the key out press the button right at the window.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The truck unlocks itself automatically with the "welcome" setting on doesn't it? Odd that this setting couldn't work in reverse
Uhh, no?

I'm gonna laugh if he has a Lightning.

Until I see the setting on the screen and enough proof that it's in an ICE F150, I'm just gonna let everyone clamor for a setting we know doesn't exist in a 22 ICE.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
No, you still have to put your hand in the handle to trigger the unlock.

Welcome setting just lights up the truck as you approach.

It's clearly possible, why they don't do it is beyond me.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
No lightning just a f-150 XLT
Oh, an XLT. We'll then ...

No, it does not auto lock.

Test this. Get out, close door, walk out of range, remove key and set down, walk back and pull the door handle.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Oh, an XLT. We'll then ...

No, it does not auto lock.

Test this. Get out, close door, walk out of range, remove key and set down, walk back and pull the door handle.
Yep... no auto-lock, which is ridiculous. Even my daughter's Mazda CX-5 (at 1/2 the price of my PB) has it! Still hoping that it might come in a future OTA release.

As far as proximity unlock goes... that seems like overkill.... plus (IMHO), it is a significant safety issue. If the vehicle unlocks while you are still 10 feet away in a parking garage or airport parking lot; you run the risk of someone jumping in the car before you get there. I know many people unlock the car from a distance with their fob... but that is in their control. They are hopefully aware of their surroundings before unlocking the car.

I kind of find it humorous that folks want the truck to unlock on approach when you cannot open the door without touching the handle anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Just my 2¢... probably not worth that much.

Sponsored

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Big Fish story…:)had to. I have tried for the last 30 minutes to get my truck to auto lock. It just doesn’t do it. I have forgotten to lock my 22PB and the next morning its is…unlocked! I have left it unlocked with the fob. Without the fob. I never touch the door handle to lock, but use it to unlock often.

I do suppose that there could be some sort of programming that got sideways that only affects your truck. Good luck with finding a solution sir. Would love to see the video when you can.