Sponsored

Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers)

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Alright, I've got an update. As much as I would love to be the "work station guy" I just don't think we can make it work. There are options based on trim level and interior color. I put together an example listing, based on a Limited with black interior. Cost + 20%, which is well below MSRP, is $800 and that's not including hardware, that's just major components.

On top of all these excuses, nothing is available yet looks like maybe 3-4 weeks lead time.
I'll keep up on availability and update this thread in the future. Anyone that is still interested after knowing pricing, we can PM and figure out the details at a later date.

Like I said, this is based off a limited trim, with black interior. But here is an example.
Scott, I appreciate your efforts, it will at least let someone know, if they really got to have it, this is what it will take.

Again, thank you
Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Scott, I appreciate your efforts, it will at least let someone know, if they really got to have it, this is what it will take.

Again, thank you
That makes at least two of us. Although I have the folding workstation in my Platinum, I do appreciate someone with the ability to provide an accurate answer chiming in.

The willingness to participate is what makes this Forum stand out from the crowd.

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
Alright, I've got an update. As much as I would love to be the "work station guy" I just don't think we can make it work. There are options based on trim level and interior color. I put together an example listing, based on a Limited with black interior. Cost + 20%, which is well below MSRP, is $800 and that's not including hardware, that's just major components.

On top of all these excuses, nothing is available yet looks like maybe 3-4 weeks lead time.
I'll keep up on availability and update this thread in the future. Anyone that is still interested after knowing pricing, we can PM and figure out the details at a later date.

Like I said, this is based off a limited trim, with black interior. But here is an example.

1614960454383.png
Ha it's only a $150 factory option

HandyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F350 Powerstroke
Ha it's only a $150 factory option
Keep in mind when its installed at the factory they only care about the *difference* in price between the parts for the option and the parts that would still be installed without the option. Its likely that all the parts for a non-workstation truck costs nearly as much... but its not like you can get a refund for the parts you're taking off after you've bought the truck.

Sponsored

dustino316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette
My dealership messed up and didn't include the work surface in the build I ordered. They "forgot to check a box."

My sales rep told me she talked to parts and sales and they don't think they can make the swap, so they are offering to either have the truck re-built (God knows how long that will take) or take $500 off the final price.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly frustrated. That was something I absolutely wanted. But for a variety of personal reasons, I can't keep driving my current vehicle for another 12-18 weeks while I wait for a re-built truck.

What do y'all suggest I do? Or counter with?

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Are there any available aftermarket products that would meet your requirements? If so, take the $500, add your storage solution of choice, and carry on with your current order.

dustino316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette
I've talked to two other dealerships who both told me they couldn't get the parts to make the swap. It's only available from the factory right now.

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
My dealership messed up and didn't include the work surface in the build I ordered. They "forgot to check a box."

My sales rep told me she talked to parts and sales and they don't think they can make the swap, so they are offering to either have the truck re-built (God knows how long that will take) or take $500 off the final price.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly frustrated. That was something I absolutely wanted. But for a variety of personal reasons, I can't keep driving my current vehicle for another 12-18 weeks while I wait for a re-built truck.

What do y'all suggest I do? Or counter with?
Is there any dealer stocks around your area? Is the truck you built really unique that it is impossible to find a close match from dealer current inventory or dealer orders in transit? Try use the inventory search at Ford.com and see if you can find a match instead of waiting for another order.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Is there any dealer stocks around your area? Is the truck you built really unique that it is impossible to find a close match from dealer current inventory or dealer orders in transit? Try use the inventory search at Ford.com and see if you can find a match instead of waiting for another order.
I agree with this as your first option, second I say, take the 500 and try to find a work around, 3rd, take the 500 and do the swap later. It will be possible, just might be hard to get he parts right now. From what we’ve seen you are probably looking at $700 on parts. Well, the 500 in savings plus the 200 you didn’t pay for the original option works out to the 700 in parts. Then you are only footing the cost of the labour.

Sponsored

dustino316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette
Unfortunately, no real comparable options around. Got them to take $1,000 off. Picking it up tomorrow morning.

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover

1614960454383.png
I can see you are going to to be a great resource for this forum like @currybob. We working class heroes appreciate what you contribute for our benefit. Thank you.

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
I can see you are going to to be a great resource for this forum like @currybob. We working class heroes appreciate what you contribute for our benefit. Thank you.
Being a 2021 F150 owner and also being in the industry gives me the unique opportunity to help out, I don't mind contributing at all.

First Name
RICHARD A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4X4 LIMITED-145, full hybrid 3.5L
Occupation
Engineer

Again, thank you
Being a 2021 F150 owner and also being in the industry gives me the unique opportunity to help out, I don't mind contributing at all.
Scott, thank you very much for the info. I had missed having the work station as an option and looked for the opportunity to change what I have. Perhaps as time goes by, this change will be an easier and less costly option. Richard A

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Thanks for the initial work on this swegner!
If possible do you think you could put together a quote for a lariat sport interior? I’m actually not scared away by the price tag and don’t mind being a guinea pig
Sponsored