Sponsored

Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers)

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
There is going to be a different set of part numbers for every trim and interior. There was a post somewhere that showed some parts for the swap and it’s most of the center console. The swap may be easier for vehicles with the front bench seat.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I don't get it in general, I mean if you just fold the shifter down its already quite flat as it is, certainly flat enough for a laptop without needing the hinged console
The lay down power shifter was actually designed to put itself in park if you open the door while it is running. It's a safety feature and not sure if it is going to be mandated my DOT or they came up with it based on accident history.

Since they had made it powered they decided to have it go flat for the workstation option. They did not make the shifter powered because of the workstation option.

Ack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4x4
I’d love to see someone build a work station that inserts into the cupholders/console and sits flush with the armrest... It might be a little high, but would be a solution short of an $800 swap-out...

philraptor

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra Trd
Occupation
Attorney
I have the XLT bench seat work station and really do not like it. It raises the armrest far too much, and is super uncomfortable to put your elbow/arm on hard plastic. is there anyway to remove this and replace it with the non work station?

Mengel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 power boost
Occupation
Superintendent
when I ordered my truck I asked for it. I didn't get it but I wasn't letting it go. I am interested in adding the work surface.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I’d love to see someone build a work station that inserts into the cupholders/console and sits flush with the armrest... It might be a little high, but would be a solution short of an $800 swap-out...
Here you go man. I’m going to cover it on leather this weekend. It fits in the lockable under seat storage on the drivers side when not in use. I printed it in two halves and welded together with a 3D printing pen. Depending on the size of printer available it might have to be cut into some smaller pieces. You will need to print yourself or have a buddy print, it's prohibitively expensive to have it done by a service (more than the OEM conversion). Takes about 1.8 KG of PLA, so about $35 in material

Files are available on thigiverse for anyone who wants them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4896557

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) Bottom View

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) Top View

Ford F-150 Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers) Stored

Ack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4x4
Here you go man. I’m going to cover it on leather this weekend. It fits in the lockable under seat storage on the drivers side when not in use. I printed it in two halves and welded together with a 3D printing pen. Depending on the size of printer available it might have to be cut into some smaller pieces. You will need to print yourself or have a buddy print, it's prohibitively expensive to have it done by a service (more than the OEM conversion). Takes about 1.8 KG of PLA, so about $35 in material

Bottom View.jpg

Top View.jpg

Stored.jpg
Wow, I knew someone on here would come up with the perfect solution. Thank you so much! Now to find a buddy with access to a 3D printer!

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
That is sweet. What are the rough dimensions? Trying to see if it’ll fit on my printer.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
260mm wide x 350mm long x 165mm tall.

Codiferous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 XLT

Bottom View.jpg

Top View.jpg

Stored.jpg
Which storage box is that?

Sponsored

Ruffner69

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I’m sorry, I just don’t get it. Even after throwing some leather or vinyl around it, it will not look factory stock. Also, you have to take it on and off every time you want to use it?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
It doesn’t have to look factory, im the only one who will see it, you can’t drive around with it in place.

I sometimes find myself 2-3 hours away from my house/office attending meetings at multiple client locations, with an hour or two to kill between. Some of these places have a restaurant or Starbucks I can pop into for work, but some are very remote and my only option to get work done while I wait is to sit in the truck. This will make that much easier than not having something. Sure it’s not as convenient as the OEM option, but I needed a truck and my May custom order doesn’t even have a VIN yet. After 6 weeks of looking found a truck that had everything I wanted except the work surface, so I made a compromise.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Anyone managed to swap in an IWS?
Sponsored