Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise traffic start/stop

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I've noticed using the cruise control in traffic in town, when the truck stops, say at a stop sign, the display reads "Stopped" and you must hit the resume button when traffic starts moving. The strange part was on my last road trip when traffic stopped on the highway, the display read (don't remember the exact wording) something about auto-restart, and when the traffic moved the truck moved also. Has anyone else noticed this? Any idea what the difference is and what circumstances make the truck respond differently?
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Part of intelligent cruise is that it reads the signs on the side of the road. If you're saying you stopped at a stop sign and it didn't move on it's own, I imagine that means it can read the stop sign.

OP
OP
WDWFordGuy

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Part of intelligent cruise is that it reads the signs on the side of the road. If you're saying you stopped at a stop sign and it didn't move on it's own, I imagine that means it can read the stop sign.
It's more stopping behind another vehicle at a red light or for any reason. If it's a stop sign I would have to stop manually which canceled the cruise.

Sponsored

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
That's interesting that the truck knows your on a "limited access highway". I know that Blue Cruise knows but even without it it knows.
seems the way from what I've been reading is that many features are there but sleeping... in this case (idle speculation) it might be only a couple of infrared cabin sensors and a few forscan mods away from autonomous 🤣

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I've never seen (or maybe noticed) the auto-resume message.. but usually it will auto resume if I come to a stop and the vehicle in front of me starts moving within a couple seconds.

OP
OP
WDWFordGuy

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I've never seen (or maybe noticed) the auto-resume message.. but usually it will auto resume if I come to a stop and the vehicle in front of me starts moving within a couple seconds.
Yeah, I've only seen it a few times, on the interstate in stop and go due to accident or something

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
seems the way from what I've been reading is that many features are there but sleeping... in this case (idle speculation) it might be only a couple of infrared cabin sensors and a few forscan mods away from autonomous 🤣
A little oversimplified.
Sponsored