First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Yes, I use connected Android Auto simply because it keeps my phone charged as well.
Alexa will use the Ford native navigation when I ask her for a "route".

I now let Alexa find my songs for me often too, and she even let's me stream through Spotify rather than her mothership Amazon.

I do have the monthly subscription for the onboard modem system with Ford. I haven't gone through the trouble to figure out exactly what streaming is using my phones bandwidth VS the trucks cellular bandwidth, to be honest. And I don't fault anyone for NOT subscribing to Ford's various subscriptions. But for me this fully dolled up KingRanch Powerboost is sort of a pre-retirement bucket-list adventure and I'm not penny pinching at the risk of gimping some feature.

I can save the 10 bucks somewhere else in my life. Lol

I'm having way too much fun pushing all the buttons and seeing what magic this crazy truck has in store for my next ride.

I'm giving my 90 year old dad a ride from the hospital in Texas City to his home in San Antonio today. It's going to be fun spending 3 or 4 hours showing him some of what will be like science fiction to him. :)
this what came with my KR from ford 3 years of stuff
i just have t0 renew the ATT wifi cell thingy

Ford F-150 Adaptive cruise control question? connected stuff
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
this morning on the way to the chiropractor i let the additive cruise do its thing
speed limt was 65 and i was following a car and as we got close to town the speed dropped to 50 then 45 then 35 then a 4 way stop over about 3/4 mile distance down a hill then back up a ridge into town
truck slowed as car in front did and maintained the set distance right up to the stop sign where it slowed to a stop as car in front did, then i used brake and gas to handle four way

that was very very interesting
i had no idea it would do that

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
i had no idea it would do that
I'm not sure if you get a lot of stop-and-go traffic where you're at, but this comes in really handy in that situation. You basically just let the vehicle shadow the vehicle in front. You don't have to hover on the gas and brake, just let the truck creep along at a few mph, and speed up or stop as needed (truck will auto-resume moving from a stop within 30 seconds? That might have been mentioned already). You might have to push the button to resume after a long stop, but other than that, handles all the irritating tiny repetitive actions.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I'm not sure if you get a lot of stop-and-go traffic where you're at, but this comes in really handy in that situation. You basically just let the vehicle shadow the vehicle in front. You don't have to hover on the gas and brake, just let the truck creep along at a few mph, and speed up or stop as needed (truck will auto-resume moving from a stop within 30 seconds? That might have been mentioned already). You might have to push the button to resume after a long stop, but other than that, handles all the irritating tiny repetitive actions.
we dont get much...unless we go to the BIG city :eek: :ROFLMAO:
today was about as much as we get at the 4 way in town, no light just folks flubbing up 4 way stop
its hilarious

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
Speaking of rural….. while I have no intention of ever trying it out on purpose, I’d like to think running ACC on those rural roads at night and/or raining might help should Bambi be chilling on the road in the distance or decide to wander out there before he’s close enough to potentially sound the pre-crash warning alerts.

I know it’s not what it’s designed for, but if he’s big enough to cause damage to the vehicle; he’s big enough to be detected.;)

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Eventually) an F-150 PowerBoost
but when it’s congested people tend to just keep cutting in because there is so much space while it keeps applying the brakes to maintain distance and allowing more cars in.
That's exactly how you're supposed to drive. You are supposed to keep an adequate following distance based on your speed, no matter the congestion, no matter how many people cut into your follow space, you are supposed to continue to drop back to maintain the proper follow distance.

As frustrating as it is, it's not a fault of the truck. It's a symptom of excessive traffic, and that has many causes.

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7EB XLT SCREW 4x4
I’m not faulting the truck for that at all. I’m just saying I don’t need 4 car lengths when driving in congestion and not even attaining a speed fast enough to require that distance. Having the setting at 1 during those times is more than enough to let a car in while not allowing the lane jockeys to have open season. I still respect the rules of the road and am quite considerate with allowing people to merge but I’m not going to let my generosity be taken advantage of either.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
were you anticipating adaptive cruise causing a back or neck injury??
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: nope just an every week adjustment keeps me out of the ER .
i keep learning new stuff about this truck and it just blows my mind.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Have you browsed your Sync4 menus?

There's all kinds of settings for a wide variety of features the truck is equipped with.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
Just drove about 25 miles from home to dinner to meet a buddy, and then back home again…..90% highway, so I used blue cruise down and back, and it was flawless! I’m super impressed with it, not even a glitch, super steady and confident inspiring.

I’m sold on it for when you’re ready to let the truck do some of the work for you.
Sponsored