First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 302A XLT PowerStroke
Occupation
Manufacturing Team Lead, Professional Auto Detailer
Something weird started happening with my truck recently. About a quarter of the time the auto stop/start engages and turns off the motor both blinker lights on the display light up and make the sound they make when the blinker is on. I have seen the lights on the display flash, but have yet to see if the lights in the head light flash as well...

The only thing that has changed is I had new tires put on and this happened the first time the ASS engaged after getting the tires installed. I highly doubt getting tires caused this issue but it makes me wonder.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Don’t know about the hazards thing, but the auto S/S quitting is probably related to the battery/charging system.

I just got home after dropping my 21 off at the Ford store to look into it AGAIN. The auto S/S is the first thing to quit.
After a while you may experience the car going into ‘deep sleep’ for no reason at all. I also experienced high RPM after starting a warm truck.
My truck is now going into a coma every time it is shut off.
No interior lights when the door is opened.
No welcome screen on the center stack.
Instrument panel fails to wake up and even the odometer stays dark.
Takes a long time for my phone and music to connect

I’ve been watching this for over a year and noticed that if I take a cruise of over 60 miles, things will work okay for a day or two.
After a 3000 mile trip everything worked for about a week before the auto S/S failed and the other things were getting quirky.

If the techs at the store don’t get anywhere today, I will most likely go get a new larger battery and fire up FORScan and make a change to the parameters.

after a ride, I expect the battery to give me a reading of 12.6 up to 12.9 volts—-been only seeing 12.3 and that is way too low.

my old Chevy truck is close to 13. And runs at 14.5 with engine running.
My 66 ElCamino shows 12.4 after sitting for over two months
(This car runs at 13.8 with engine running)

wish these new trucks had voltmeters in them—be nice to be able to see what’s going on. Rather have a voltmeter over a trans temp or even oil gauge.

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Don’t know about the hazards thing, but the auto S/S quitting is probably related to the battery/charging system.

I just got home after dropping my 21 off at the Ford store to look into it AGAIN. The auto S/S is the first thing to quit.
After a while you may experience the car going into ‘deep sleep’ for no reason at all. I also experienced high RPM after starting a warm truck.
My truck is now going into a coma every time it is shut off.
No interior lights when the door is opened.
No welcome screen on the center stack.
Instrument panel fails to wake up and even the odometer stays dark.
Takes a long time for my phone and music to connect

I’ve been watching this for over a year and noticed that if I take a cruise of over 60 miles, things will work okay for a day or two.
After a 3000 mile trip everything worked for about a week before the auto S/S failed and the other things were getting quirky.

If the techs at the store don’t get anywhere today, I will most likely go get a new larger battery and fire up FORScan and make a change to the parameters.

after a ride, I expect the battery to give me a reading of 12.6 up to 12.9 volts—-been only seeing 12.3 and that is way too low.

my old Chevy truck is close to 13. And runs at 14.5 with engine running.
My 66 ElCamino shows 12.4 after sitting for over two months
(This car runs at 13.8 with engine running)

wish these new trucks had voltmeters in them—be nice to be able to see what’s going on. Rather have a voltmeter over a trans temp or even oil gauge.
I had many of the same problems you are having along with hard starts and losing power steering. Dealer finally replaced the battery and 90% of those problems are gone. This week they installed a new APIM but cant complete the updates as it just freezes, now several new problems. They are waiting to hear back from Ford

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I had many of the same problems you are having along with hard starts and losing power steering. Dealer finally replaced the battery and 90% of those problems are gone. This week they installed a new APIM but cant complete the updates as it just freezes, now several new problems. They are waiting to hear back from Ford
wouldnt bother me so much, but the battery ( barely a year old) in my 98 Chev was dead as a door nail on Thursday. 14 hrs on the charger and it is up again.
Prepared for Ford keeping the the 21 for a bit, but just in case, I just got back from the parts store with jumper cables and set another charged battery under the hood. In case my battery dies, I can jump from the extra.
if the battery dies again, I’ll have to replace that one as well.
All work stuff transferred to old truck and gassed up for the week.

Erlo22

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Business analyst
I was having this issue with the hazards flashing for a split second randomly as the truck cycled off at a light or stop sign. Sometimes it did it as I shut off the truck. Noticed the other day when I was behind a black SUV that the exterior lights did in fact flash. I read thru the bronco forum and looks like a quick fix is to start the truck, turn on zone lighting, turn on all zones, turn off all zones, turn off zone lighting, and then turn off the truck. Did this and have not had the lights flash anymore.
Sponsored