First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Looks like I need to get my emergency plan started. Got to make sure I have a full tank of gas today. I'm inside the cone on this one...
Ford F-150 7.2k Pro Power Onboard for upcoming Cat3 Hurricane Idalia 1693224082874
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I'll be there after the storm handling those property claims. Do you have the 36 gallon tank? I was pleasantly surprised to learn my truck has it. I can only imagine how long the tank lasts on powerboost f150s with that size tank. Like 800 miles?

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'll be there after the storm handling those property claims. Do you have the 36 gallon tank? I was pleasantly surprised to learn my truck has it. I can only imagine how long the tank lasts on powerboost f150s with that size tank. Like 800 miles?
PB's have a 30.6 gallon tank. Real world fuel economy isn't that much better than a standard 3.5 EB, but some people "hypermile" (not me) and get 700+. I am happy with getting 600 miles out of a tank.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
PB's have a 30.6 gallon tank. Real world fuel economy isn't that much better than a standard 3.5 EB, but some people "hypermile" (not me) and get 700+. I am happy with getting 600 miles out of a tank.
Real world the PB is far superior in low speed or idling situations. Range is about equal due to tank sizes if the eb has the 36g. Out on the Interstate we're all shaped the same and speed kills fuel economy above 75mph.

I think for storms and emergencies it's the versatility of the PB I really like. Feels like preparedness lol.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I put in an Auxiliary Gas tank. So now my capacity is 90 gallons... You might think about rationing gas. When I had a wildfire out my way some years ago, I ended up rationing fuel to 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour about noon, and 3 hours in the evening. Powere was down for over a week; when Hugo hit Charleston SC power was down for some 8-9 weeks. Unless you have a well pump or a cistern, go get alot of water. Of course if you're running power tools during cleanup add to the above schedule. Also it's nice to have satellite internet/TV.

Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I filled up yesterday, along with 4 tanks of propane for my other generator (if needed). Fingers and toes are crossed that we don't lose power or have any damage.

OP
OP
Cobraman428

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
Just glad we figured out why the PPOB would cause the ICE to run continuously. Got to keep the HV amps under 12amps and make sure the HVAC is turned off. I remembering last year's IAN storm someone else got many days of generator power for their house items. When the PPOB is cycling on/off charging the HV battery it doesn't use a lot of gas.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I filled up yesterday, along with 4 tanks of propane for my other generator (if needed). Fingers and toes are crossed that we don't lose power or have any damage.
Just be ready. When Hugo hit Charleston SC, it acclerated in the final 24 hours into a real kick-butt storm. It destroyed the grid for a hundred miles around. That's why it took 8-9 weeks, they had to rebuild the grid from transmission lines in...

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I put in an Auxiliary Gas tank. So now my capacity is 90 gallons... You might think about rationing gas. When I had a wildfire out my way some years ago, I ended up rationing fuel to 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour about noon, and 3 hours in the evening. Powere was down for over a week; when Hugo hit Charleston SC power was down for some 8-9 weeks. Unless you have a well pump or a cistern, go get alot of water. Of course if you're running power tools during cleanup add to the above schedule. Also it's nice to have satellite internet/TV.
Is the auxiliary tank slung underneath, or takes up part of the bed?

PPoB is so amazing. I’ve only used it for trivial things so far like running a string of lights and a projector to watch movies on a 20’ screen while camping in the woods. I know it’s going to be so helpful in this storm for folks.

I hope everyone in this storm’s path remains safe.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Ran my house after Ida for three days. 3/4 tank of gas.

All electric. So, no AC/water heater/ stove/etc. But, put a window AC in the bedroom.

It was awesome! Even made nachos in the air fryer.

Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Power boost come with they're supposed to last 36 hours at full load, so quite a bit longer at quarter or half. Hope you guys stay safe.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
We had a bad storm here in mid Michigan last week. Power was out for around 24 hrs or so. Backfed power to my panel. So whole house was on. No central AC but everything else worked great. I topped off before I got home to no power. After it came on went to top off again. Used just a bit less that 9 gallons. It’s an amazing machine.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Is the auxiliary tank slung underneath, or takes up part of the bed?

PPoB is so amazing. I’ve only used it for trivial things so far like running a string of lights and a projector to watch movies on a 20’ screen while camping in the woods. I know it’s going to be so helpful in this storm for folks.

I hope everyone in this storm’s path remains safe.
It is mounted in the bed.

OP
OP
Cobraman428

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
VP of IT
Looking more like Tampa Bay area dodged another direct hit.
Ford F-150 7.2k Pro Power Onboard for upcoming Cat3 Hurricane Idalia 1693343605367
Sponsored