Pro Power Onboard (7.2kw) and Ecoflow Delta Pro whole house

rgtwng

First Name
Rgtwng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
I have been reading a lot of threads about how to set your house up to integrate with the Pro Power and deal with the ground issue etc. I tried looking here and googling if people have simply installed like a Ecoflow Delta Pro Smart Switch system and just plug the Pro Power 220 into the Ecoflow Delta Pro to charge it and/or act like a standby generator to keep the Ecoflow batteries charged while the house is running on the EcoFlow Delta.

I am wondering if this is a nice solution if you wanted to add batteries anyway and it wouldn't require any additional breakers (outside of the Smart Switch). I am thinking the 220v from the truck can just be connected directly to the Ecoflow Delta pro to charge? I would think the EcoFlow can be charged and power the house at the same time.

All of my searching hasn't really provided any answers to this. I do see where there is a EcoFlow smart generator that can integrate.

I am getting ready to put an order in for a 2024 Limited Powerboost and I wanted to kind of figure this out. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
Sponsored

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
For the cost of the EcoFlow Delta you can buy a neutral switching transfer switch like the Generac 6852 and have it installed

Borchelt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Whichever you choose must be able to switch the neutral as well. Also known as neutrally bonded, You cannot use the house ground or the truck will throw a fault.

Borchelt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Meant to say house neutral….sorry

OP
OP

rgtwng

First Name
Rgtwng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Thanks. I am talking about just plugging the truck into the EcoFlow Delta battery pack. Like I would be charging it from the truck if it wasn't hooked up to the house. I am trying to figure out what would change...if anything. I would think I could just plug the truck in to charge the battery pack while it's hooked up. Not sure if it is different than plugging in even a solar array to charge while the battery is being discharged (connected to the house).

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Based on what you've provided, if all that you're doing is unplugging the charger from the house feed and plugging it in to the truck, there shouldn't be an issue. Without a picture or wiring diagram, it's hard to say for certain though.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Thanks. I am talking about just plugging the truck into the EcoFlow Delta battery pack. Like I would be charging it from the truck if it wasn't hooked up to the house. I am trying to figure out what would change...if anything. I would think I could just plug the truck in to charge the battery pack while it's hooked up. Not sure if it is different than plugging in even a solar array to charge while the battery is being discharged (connected to the house).
Are you discussing the Ecoflow Delta with 1800W output?

Just curious. I see no reason ProPower on a Powerboost couldn't be charging that battery pack.

OP
OP

rgtwng

First Name
Rgtwng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
I am basically proposing that the Ecoflow smart transfer switch is installed and the Ecoflow battery (batteries) are hooked up to the transfer switch as they normally are. Then - instead of plugging in the Ecoflow solar array or the Ecoflow smart generator to the Ecoflow batteries - the pro power is 220 is plugged in.

I am thinking that the batteries provide power to the house through the transfer switch and the truck charges the batteries acting basically like a standby generator.

I am looking to be able to use batteries and a generator without having to install a traditional whole home generator. Also- wouldn't have to install a generator connector as I am connecting the truck directly to the Ecoflow battery pack.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
One thing you will have to research is the Ecoflow and whether it can basically be used as a pass through device. There may be limits as to how much juice it can accept while it is powering something else. The bigger the model you want to get the more likelihood that it would also charge at a reasonable rate, but a small unit, not so much without verification.

Let us know what you find out as it is a good idea, but it is also so new that there may not be a lot of information out there about this.

While this could be a more expensive option to use the PB you get the added benefit of the battery pack generator that can be used for many other things too. Good luck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I do like the fact that it's an LFP battery! And they are certainly touting the rate of charge compared to the competition. (typical Lithium batteries, I suspect)

Yea, not a money saver, but potentially a nice convenience.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rgtwng

First Name
Rgtwng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Yeah - def know that it isn't a money saver....but offers tons of flexibility. They are also portable. The other thing....I think they qualify for federal tax credit.

It just gives a bit more utility and a way to get more out of the truck as a generator when you pair it with a battery system and their smart switch.

nikon858

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ f150 platinum powerboost
Before you go buying the ecoflow check out this guys channel

If you’re handy at all it’s a pretty easy install, and will do what you want with the pro power.

jeepin95

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502A
Were you able to make any progress on this? I've recently been thinking about getting an EcoFlow DELTA Pro Ultra along with the basic manual generator transfer switch. I would get a couple solar panels to go with it for keeping things topped off, then the ProPower would be there to augment the solar since I don't have room for solar that could run near max for an extended period.

While this is certainly more expensive than just getting a transfer switch that would switch the neutral, I think it offers a lot more advantages:
1. Would keep the critical circuits powered even when the truck isn't available for any number of reasons.
2. Depending on scenario if there is enough PV the truck may not even be necessary, or could at least limit the need for the truck during the day.
3. Could recharge the EcoFlow from my dual fuel generator if needed and truck wasn't available.

What I'm also curious about is if I would be able to also run certain circuits off the EcoFlow even when grid power is available to take advantage of PV. Either to reduce grid use to save a few pennies, or to ensure no interruption for sensitive circuits like where computers are at to maybe reduce the number of UPSs. I realize it would require manually flipping the switch when necessary if I didn't want to go with the full smart panel option.

MomaxLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 XLT 4x4 SCREW 5.5
Wondered the same thing after seeing some videos about the Delta Pro, but after diving into things more I don't think it'll work. The EDP would essential just be a passthrough for the neutral and ground wires between the panel and the vehicle generator, creating a ground loop and tripping GFCI on the Power Pro. So not running out to buy a Delta Pro anymore, but if someone already had the components it'd be interesting to see.
Sponsored