First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
yup i definitely get those kinda vibes. Ford should’ve kept the design as is and or more conservative. not make it look like a tron vehicle.
ive had my 24 for all of 2 days and so far I prefer them over the ones on my 21 but like the 18-20 led that I put on my 17 better. I hated how small the actual brake light is on the 21-23 lariat leds verses how much bigger it is now.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I’ll be honest, I didn’t like the 21-23 OEM tails from the side haha. I actually prefer these though most don’t seem to…yet
Reminds me of how people didn’t like the 15-17 LED tails but liked the 18-20. These look real good at night in my opinion. Nice and bright as well.
HA! I was the opposite. I like the 2022 LED taillights from the side. They kind of match the shape of the DRL in the front. However they have all their surface area on the side. Great for someone to see if they want to T Bone me but I want the people behind me to see me braking.

These new taillights have much more visual area to see a brake light from behind than my 2022. The 22 just has 2 small areas on each side.

These look great from that aspect and they do look nice. Thanks for posting this.

OP
OP
crazywayne311

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
yup i definitely get those kinda vibes. Ford should’ve kept the design as is and or more conservative. not make it look like a tron vehicle.
I’m assuming you just really hate the movie Tron at this point haha

Sponsored

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Looks nice! I kinda like the 24's. I always thought the LED Tails on the 21 + trucks didn't have enough light exposure rearward with two thin lines. The sides are fine but as others commented, I'd prefer more rearward light.
Being someone who can't leave well enough alone, I put Sylvania Zevo bulbs in my 2018 STX, then swapped them over to my 21 XLT PB when I traded up and they still work great. Bright, light up fast, and not to mention, WAY cheaper to replace the 4 bulbs than the OEM LED assembly should it fail. I know I paid less than $30 back in 2018. I think they run about $50 now for a set of 4 bulbs.
I did have to trim a little nib off the sides to allow them to fit the connector. No biggie.
Ford F-150 2024 OEM F-150 LED Tail Lights retrofit install on a 21-23 IMG_6855_LI

Ford F-150 2024 OEM F-150 LED Tail Lights retrofit install on a 21-23 IMG_6854
Ford F-150 2024 OEM F-150 LED Tail Lights retrofit install on a 21-23 IMG_6857

Here's tail lights in daytime. Zevos in the left and regular bulbs in the right. Much brighter.
Ford F-150 2024 OEM F-150 LED Tail Lights retrofit install on a 21-23 XLT with Zevo on left

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
the new tail lights look like something off of eBay.. to each their own i suppose
They're the 24 design. So I guess we'll get used to the design whether we like it or not.

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor
Looks nice! I kinda like the 24's. I always thought the LED Tails on the 21 + trucks didn't have enough light exposure rearward with two thin lines. The sides are fine but as others commented, I'd prefer more rearward light.
Being someone who can't leave well enough alone, I put Sylvania Zevo bulbs in my 2018 STX, then swapped them over to my 21 XLT PB when I traded up and they still work great. Bright, light up fast, and not to mention, WAY cheaper to replace the 4 bulbs than the OEM LED assembly should it fail. I know I paid less than $30 back in 2018. I think they run about $50 now for a set of 4 bulbs.
I did have to trim a little nib off the sides to allow them to fit the connector. No biggie.
IMG_6855_LI.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg
IMG_6857.jpg

Here's tail lights in daytime. Zevos in the left and regular bulbs in the right. Much brighter.
XLT with Zevo on left.jpg
Do you have a part number? Link? Thank you for the idea.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Do you have a part number? Link? Thank you for the idea.
The PN on the bulb is 3557R but the Sylvania packaging shows a 3157R.
Be sure to use the "R" for red. It will not look right if you use a clear/white bulb.
$25.99 at Auto Zone or O'Reillys right now. You may be able to find them cheaper online though.
Ford F-150 2024 OEM F-150 LED Tail Lights retrofit install on a 21-23 1711486476960-si

I will add one caviat - when I had my 2018, it drove me nuts ordering bulbs because for whatever reason, Ford decided to play a cruel trick on me and use different sockets on different corners of the truck. I ordered LED Switchbacks for the front turn signals and when I went to install, they wouldn't fit. The bulb PN was different than what the Ford manual showed! But then I checked the opposite side and it had the correct bulb - and of course the socket for it. Maybe they were trying to get rid of surplus sockets but they really screwed with my head.
So, moral of the story is pull your tail lights and check the bulb before you buy anything!
And you will most likely need to file down the little nubs on the sides.
FYI - these bulbs are not polarity sensitive, so you should be able to plug them in either way and not harm the bulb. But you will need to use Forscan to tell the truck you are now using LED turn signals in the rear. They will not hyperflash outside but the dash turn signal arrows WILL.
Go to: BCM 726-44-02 **xx xxxx xx--
You should see 01xx xxx xx--
Change them to 00.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I’m assuming you just really hate the movie Tron at this point haha
There is another movie in the works, you are ready. :)

We had suspected the 24 lights would be compatible but this thread proves it works. I expect more to buy the older style tail lights. eBay is full of Chinese clones now.

OP
OP
crazywayne311

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
There is another movie in the works, you are ready. :)

We had suspected the 24 lights would be compatible but this thread proves it works. I expect more to buy the older style tail lights. eBay is full of Chinese clones now.
Another!? Oh nooooo! 🤣😂
Well being this is a mid model refresh…all it took was to see if it physically fit in place of the 21-23 OEM.
Theres chatter that’s the grill and headlights from a 24 also fit though I’m not sure it’s plug and play. Not sure if they are glare free capable yet either.
I’m still wondering about the tail gate. Whether or not it’s a simple swap with forscan needed or if the wiring in the tailgate utilized the existing wiring harness.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Another!? Oh nooooo! 🤣😂
Well being this is a mid model refresh…all it took was to see if it physically fit in place of the 21-23 OEM.
Theres chatter that’s the grill and headlights from a 24 also fit though I’m not sure it’s plug and play. Not sure if they are glare free capable yet either.
I’m still wondering about the tail gate. Whether or not it’s a simple swap with forscan needed or if the wiring in the tailgate utilized the existing wiring harness.
I'm waiting to get proper part numbers for the front and rear emblems. That would remove last of the chrome on my truck. :)
I like the lights and grille I have now. It does appear that lights plus grille swap would be possible. Fenders appear to be the same. That would be a pricy swap though.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
mustangs had a white tail light option at one point lol
Mustangs don’t count, Mustang line got saves by the generation and they have just been fucking about with it again and slapping its name on everything, e.g. Mach E, which ironically enough, does have a smoke lens taillight.
Sponsored