First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
Question for you all- I have a cracked rear taillight assembly in my 23 Plat BAP- New OEM replacement is outrageous $. What's the best alternative for getting this pass. side taillight assembly replaced for reasonable $, and will my warranty be voided by not going with an OEM part?
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Question for you all- I have a cracked rear taillight assembly in my 23 Plat BAP- New OEM replacement is outrageous $. What's the best alternative for getting this pass. side taillight assembly replaced for reasonable $, and will my warranty be voided by not going with an OEM part?
was the crack self inflicted, if so, obviously they wont replace. The Morimoto LED tails are a good option. But yes, if you do replace both, they wont be under warranty .

PCfordguy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Power boost
Occupation
real estate
was the crack self inflicted, if so, obviously they wont replace. The Morimoto LED tails are a good option. But yes, if you do replace both, they wont be under warranty .
Self inflicted by someone... not sure who. Saw the crack as I was taking delivery of the truck at the dealership. Long story- but dealership won;t cover replacement since it was bought pre-owned. I am afraid if I go with a knock off replacement the BLIS won't work properly or some other issue will present itself.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
If it were me I would just try to find an OEM BAP tail on Ebay or FB Marketplace. It might be hard to find just one and not a pair though. Contact @BarryT82 on here. He might be able to help you out.

As for warranty, I'm not sure how that would work on the replacement, but couldn't you just swap the part number stickers with the QR code on it so it appears as if it's your original?

Sponsored

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor
I really like the look of the new Black Appearance Package LED tail lights and was curious to know if anyone has the part numbers for them yet?
You and I should create the WAP aka white appearance package. :LOL: Not the other thing. I want white tail lights.

BarryT82

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
USAF
Does your truck have the onboard scales?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Self inflicted by someone... not sure who. Saw the crack as I was taking delivery of the truck at the dealership. Long story- but dealership won;t cover replacement since it was bought pre-owned. I am afraid if I go with a knock off replacement the BLIS won't work properly or some other issue will present itself.
Understand. On the BLIS, you move the module over, so they are like OEM

Plus 5 year warranty.

https://www.morimotohid.com/Ford-F-150-21-Morimoto-XB-LED-Tails?quantity=1

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
OEM on fleabay or Barry on here.
I went with eBay when I bought truck just to get rid of chrome and the set had two new working BLIS installed already. They are easy to move between lights though so you don't have to deal with programming in Forscan.
Sponsored