First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
No one has said anything... not even liked the @Administrator s write up (original post)
Even if he copy pasted, VERY WELL put together, very informative, very detailed. All answers in one post with downloadable PDFs and links.
Thank you @Administrator nice job!
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
They've referred to the gear and e-locker options as "axle upgrades" previously. E.G.: My truck came with 3.55, but it was "upgraded" to e-locker as an option.
1694570405236.png

Likely means it only comes with a single axle/diff config.
In the larger context of that interview, and that sentence specifically, I thought he might have been speaking in general terms, and not explicitly about the F-150.
Not sure if it's been answered yet, but the PB 4x4 all come with locking 3.73s -- this is only showing up for the platinum. My guess is that due to the platinum's fully loaded feature, they may be giving a bump in payload (GVWR) while keeping published trailer numbers low. It really seems like they don't want to promote the PB's as towing F150s (towing mirrors can't be factory optioned). Outside of the high/hot/heavy trans temp issue, we just haven't seen anything suggesting such is warranted with the powerboosts. Something may be showing in telemetry, which ya bet your ass they're still gobbling up (see image).
Did they get rid of the 30 gallon gas tank for the powerboost and forcing the standard 23 gallon tank with no option to get the 36 gallon tank?!?!
No, seems the tank options are 36 gallon or the PB which only comes with 30 gal. None of the PB's base options have changed. HD-HEV frame, 4 core rad, 3.73 w/ locker.
360 cameras are going to be a PAID monthly feature!?!? Sounds like a bad idea.
No, they're likely following the mach-e change, 360 cameras in every vehicle, 1 time cost on lessor trims, already 'paid' on the uppers. 360 cams should be an easy future sale if it's a flat-price and not hardware-as-a-service bullshit. There may be workarounds for that though ;)

Here's screen shot from their presentation showing the use of PPOB during outages. This is a result of them looking at the data from the trucks phoning home..

Ford F-150 2024 F-150 Refresh Revealed! New Design, Tech, Base 2.7L EcoBoost Engine, Pro Access Tailgate 1694580064054

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm not seeing sport packages at all. Only a black package. Powerboost is basically a free option and while it seems nifty, I'm glad I don't have it.

Overall if they don't make some big changes to packaging their sales are going to drop. It's not the fewer options, it's eliminating setups completely. Personally I don't like chrome bumpers or black trucks. But if that's the case you're into a lariat at 65k. Someone made some big mistakes here.
The PB comes with loads of features for that price. Once they patch whatever faulty module startup sequence is causing the SSN error, the misplaced paranoia will vanish. The BAP package is available on a few colors, not just black.
Lariat BAP loses Tremor hood. No more Lariat Sport. STX standalone trim replaces Rattler. I don't see the bed extender option or the upgraded tailgate option. No word on Tremor with Lariat headlights. No word on Lobo trim.
Does it lose the hood -- not fond of the wheels, IIRC those are from the expedition, better than current BAP wheels though? The PB really needs that hood to help on cooling unless they've done something else. Ford went back to traditional OEM 'code' -- make lesser versions look like shit. My 22 XLT 302a that doesn't even have sunroof was $67k -- no way in hell I'd pay that for that bastard design. Looks like the design of a $20k maverick, a real dick move bringing back cheap looking nonsense on a vehicle with that price. The tremors remain the same however -- the 401 is a 302 and the 402 is a 502 for lighting and interior features like cooled seats.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Definitely interesting to skim the comments.

I see loads of folks asking why such&such tech isn’t included… the other threads /Reddit will have folks complaining that the trucks are too complex. Alas, we can’t have it both ways… Increasing tech is a fact of life in the auto industry.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Definitely interesting to skim the comments.

I see loads of folks asking why such&such tech isn’t included… the other threads /Reddit will have folks complaining that the trucks are too complex. Alas, we can’t have it both ways… Increasing tech is a fact of life in the auto industry.
I agree, lots of people missing the point of it being a "refresh" not a new Gen.
Considering the supply chain issues and troubles Ford has been having (as well as other Manufacturers), I'd be hella pissed if Ford tried reinventing the entire wheel while they are trying to solve current issues and keeping positive attention....

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Nothing here to get me to switch back at this point. Barely a refresh.

Actually looking forward to the 2025 Ram intro with their new turbo 6.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Max tow is 'missing' but odd hints of upgraded rear end present. Tow mirrors not available on PB engine. BAP platinum not a thing? "free" hybrid option with higher pricing. XLT PB not configurable yet, BAP lariat same price as plat w/ same features.

Huge letdown. It's a lipstick makeover.
What is the equivalent of the pre-2024 "Max Tow package" axle now?

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
In the live stream they said all F-150 are LED. They're just reflector housings on everything lower than the lariat.
Interesting - so now LED projectors are standard in a Lariat? LED projectors are a must for me.

deejay9556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Did the build and price. 24 Lariat 502A PB MSRP is cheaper plus more options (fx4, BC, onboard scales, smart hitch, added HUD) than what my 23 Lariat 502A has. Everything else exactly the same specs. Ford combining items and making things standard seems to pay off price wise.

B&O Unleashed does go from 18 speaker to 14 speaker from 23 to 24.

23 -78,820
24 - 78,595
I noticed the same thing. My 2023 502A is more expensive than a 2024 with the same options. Going to the powerboost is even cheaper than what mine was with a 3.5. And with Granger offering 4% instead of 3%, the 2024 price is better yet.

Sponsored

Mtntrls

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501a
Anyone else seeing the projector LEDs not compatible with BAP on lariat?

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
This would jive with the rear brake sizing:
1694572006176.png

Looks like it would require replacing the whole dash, since it's only on the Platinum that gets the "Super Duty" dash.

There was not. It all looked like the current Sync interface.
Both the Platinum and Platinum Plus or just the Platinum Plus?

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
The King Ranch has really gotten bad no color choices to go with the new bronze lower color trim. No wheel options the overall package is very under whelming for the significant price increase. The whole F150 line up is way over priced for a lot less content. I guess Farley believes people will buy the F150 no matter what so he can funnel the profits away to his pet EV projects.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I'm glad I made my move on the 23.
We've come to like cooled seats very much but can't keep it in 24, without going to 20" wheels and thus, a payload hit.

Price reduction and increased goodies, at the Lariat PB level though. Several thousand. If you don't need the payload ...

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
So Tremor can't get the good headlights; while Lariat loses the sport appearance package and can't get the winch and black appearance maybe(?) loses the dynamic bending headlights too, while only the raptor gets the best color? And all 3 are within $3.5k according to B&P with roughly comparable options.

And there's still no locking front dif anywhere to be found.
Sponsored