Sponsored

2024 - What replaces Pro-Access tailgate on early builds?

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
Can anyone direct me to communication from Ford regarding the Pro Access tailgate? It's very misleading to showcase the Pro Access, discuss it being standard on the 703A Platinum Plus in interviews, and allow your customers to have expectations of being able to get it on the 2024 F-150. Whether they want to upgrade to it on the Lariat, Tremor, King Ranch, or Platinum 701a standard and 702a high or whether they are expecting it standard on the 703A Platinum Plus.

Context for my confusion:
On Sept. 12. 2023, Ford made the announcement of the Pro Access tailgate at the Detroit Auto Show [video here] and never mentioned that they can't build the truck that they featured as their flagship F-150 at the auto show. Here is a video where more time is allowed to make this disclaimer known - which they did not do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
My understanding is if you want the pro-access tailgate, you have to wait for Job 2 builds. So if you're custom ordering it, your dealer should put it in as a priority 99 so it doesn't get built for Job 1. Job 1 builds will NOT have it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
This really sucks. I really want the Pro Access tailgate on my new 2024 F-150 Lariat PB that I ordered back in November but am still waiting on the VIN, so I assume it's not too late for me to ask to change it to a "priority 99".

When I'm at the race track and my trailer is hooked up I constantly have to climb up on the tongue of the trailer, then the bumper, then over the tailgate to get stuff out of the bed.

Anyone know what date or month job 2 starts? I'm not sure how Ford does it.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found someone when searching that says Job 2 starts on trucks built from July til the end of production.

Is this accurate?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Theo Caldwell

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
My window sticker was released with no mention of the Pro Access tailgate.

Last edited:

wyoming

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering/Commercial Construction
Long McArthur Ford confirmed that Pro Access tailgate would be a job 2 item. Order banks will be open mid-late February, and anything scheduled now will not have it. I posted the video over on the 2024 build thread if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
Theo Caldwell

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
Long McArthur Ford confirmed that Pro Access tailgate would be a job 2 item. Order banks will be open mid-late February, and anything scheduled now will not have it. I posted the video over on the 2024 build thread if anyone is interested.
I found that video and I agree 100% with his rant.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Pa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC90/ 2023 Ford F150 Lariat BAP 3.5
This really sucks. I really want the Pro Access tailgate on my new 2024 F-150 Lariat PB that I ordered back in November but am still waiting on the VIN, so I assume it's not too late for me to ask to change it to a "priority 99".

When I'm at the race track and my trailer is hooked up I constantly have to climb up on the tongue of the trailer, then the bumper, then over the tailgate to get stuff out of the bed.

Anyone know what date or month job 2 starts? I'm not sure how Ford does it.
I'm in the same boat, when I ordered my 24" KR in October, it was never mentioned that the Pro Access TG would be Job2! KR and Platinum were advertised as having this tailgate as standard equipment. I'm not holding out hope that these trucks will have "Multi-contour seats with active motion" either. If my truck shows up without either one of these standard items on King Ranch and Platinum, Ford can take there truck right back! This would make two trucks in the last two years where the exact same "option/standard item delete" has happened to me. Kinda tired of Ford's lackluster transparency.

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
short answer: If you haven't been scheduled yet, you will be job 2 and will get the pro access tailgate. If you are already scheduled, you're job 1 and get the standard tailgate.

Sponsored

Slgolden0

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tremor
This isn’t true. My 702a was scheduled for the 18th of this month and I’m opting for the PAT still.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
I'm in the same boat, when I ordered my 24" KR in October, it was never mentioned that the Pro Access TG would be Job2! KR and Platinum were advertised as having this tailgate as standard equipment. I'm not holding out hope that these trucks will have "Multi-contour seats with active motion" either. If my truck shows up without either one of these standard items on King Ranch and Platinum, Ford can take there truck right back! This would make two trucks in the last two years where the exact same "option/standard item delete" has happened to me. Kinda tired of Ford's lackluster transparency.
Ford has communicated several times that the Pro-Access Tailgate was a late availability and said it will be a part of a Job 2 build. I can't believe I am standing up for Ford and their communication with their customers because they absolutely suck at it but not in this case. It was in the order guide your dealer has/had when he placed your order as well. If your dealer failed to tell you this, that is between you and your dealer for his/her failed communication. Similarly, as a member on here for over a year, I'm surprised you haven't seen the multiple threads and discussions about the tailgate not being added until Job 2. In short, Ford has said that if you are an early '24 build you will not be getting the new, fancy tailgate.
Or were you expecting Jim Farley to call you personally to let you know of any changes?

If however, you are still unscheduled, then you don't have to worry. The next time they start scheduling folks will be for Job 2 so chances are, if you're one of them, you will be getting the tailgate. I have seen an email floating around about the tailgate and delaying it further but I'm not exactly sure about the details or when it starts so I can't speak to that so you may need to conduct your own research. As for the Active-Motion seats, the KR and Platinum will have those for all 2024 models.

For reference, I ordered my KR on Jan 12 and was scheduled the following week. Initially, I was scheduled for the week of March 4 but it was kicked to March 11th. At the time of my order in January, my dealer confirmed with me that I would not be getting the Pro-Access Tailgate. If your dealer has not informed you of this, he has failed, not Ford.

Slgolden0

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tremor
Good luck with that. :) Hope you get it.
Thanks. Dealer hit me up earlier today and asked if I wanted the PAT or standard tailgate. They are unsure of ETA on the PAT currently. Just wanted to pass along.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
short answer: If you haven't been scheduled yet, you will be job 2 and will get the pro access tailgate. If you are already scheduled, you're job 1 and get the standard tailgate.
I don't agree, I have a job 2 order that shows I have the Pro Access Tailgate and then I get the email today saying if I want to remove it with code 63X to get your truck built you can. At least that's what it appears to say. I will just wait it out to see when Ford figures out what they are doing.

Here's what the email said:
Pro Access Tailgate Removal Code (63X):

• Please be aware that the introduction of the new Pro Access Tailgate has been delayed.
  • A freestanding Pro Access Tailgate Removal Option Code (63X) on Lariat’s equipped with Bed Utility Package, King Ranch, Platinum, and Tremor 402A will be made available. This code reverts back to the tailgate offering available during Job 1. See latest order guide for full tailgate offering details.
  • Beginning Friday, March 1st, Ford will begin to amend all stock orders to include the Pro Access Tailgate Removal code (63X). All new stock orders will have the Pro Access Tailgate Removal Option Code (63X) automatically added.
  • Retail and Fleet orders will NOT be amended by Ford. Dealers should contact Retail Order customers to determine their interest in waiting to receive Pro Access Tailgate. Those who wish to receive Pro Access Tailgate should not add the removal code.
  • The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles has been reduced by $270 for Pro Access Tailgate Removal. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customers taking delivery of 24MY F-150 vehicles that include the Pro Access Tailgate Removal code (63X) must sign the Acknowledgement Form (posted to FMC Dealer) to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with Pro Access Tailgate, they will not be charged for the feature, and their vehicle will not be retrofitted to include the feature at a later date.
FMCDealer Message Center Posted: Product Offering Changes – 2024 Model Year F-150 Pro Access Tailgate Removal Code (63X)
Feel free to reach out your ZM or your P&D Analyst
Sponsored