OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
08182022: Ordered Truck
08182022: Received "Order Confirmed" email from Ford
10022022: Received email from Ford, basically saying, it's been a while, but we will give updates at least every 45 days.
10052022: Received email from dealer that said Heated Steering Wheel & Heated Mirrors are Removed
10102022: Received emial from dealer that said Heated Mirrors are back
10132022: Received "Scheduled For Production" email from Ford. Week of 11/21/2022
11182022: Noticed @ Ford Tracker, now shows "In Production", and Window Sticker is present
12012022: Ford Tracker now shows "Built" (with a date of 11/30/2022 under it).
12022022: Received email from Ford that says that its been built and "Our current estimate for delivery to Granger Motors, Inc. is between Dec 11, and Dec 17.
12272022: Received email from Ford that says "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2023 F-150 Tremor is delivered...", and the updated estimated delivery date is now between Dec 23 and Dec 29.
12302022: I got an email from the Dealer. She was responding to my questions about the Ford email and the whole biz about ensuring complete satisfaction. She didn't have any answers on that front, but she did share what she's seeing on her end....which she is now seeing an estimated ship date of Jan 1-7. She had some more detials, so maybe this is more of a "real" date now? The previous statuses where also "Awaiting Shipment" and the secondary status was "Released". Now the seconday status says "Origin Received". Also, the previous "Vehicle Location" was very general, and now a Ramp number is listed.
01062023: Emailed my Dealer today to see if she was seeing any update. She got back right away, and let me know what she was seeing....and updated ETA of Jan 9-15. On my 4th ETA now.
01102023: Received email from Ford, like the one on 12302022, with ETA of Jan 9-15.
01162023: Emailed Dealer for an update, reply is that ETA is now Jan 13-19
01232023: Emailed Dealer for an update, reply is that ETA is now Jan 21-27...for my 6th ETA
01262023: Received email from Ford that my truck has shipped, and the new ETA is now Jan 24-30.
01302023: Received the "Financing" email from my dealer today, who also confirmed that my ETA is now Jan 28 - Feb 3 for my 8th ETA.
02062023: Received email from Dealer with VVR. Looks truck arrived in Kansas City (Ramp 6P) on Feb 1. New ETA is Feb 4 - Feb 10. So the VVR is different from the Ford Tracker site, which has a range of Feb 1 - Feb 14.
08182022: Ordered Truck
08182022: Received "Order Confirmed" email from Ford
10022022: Received email from Ford, basically saying, it's been a while, but we will give updates at least every 45 days.
10052022: Received email from dealer that said Heated Steering Wheel & Heated Mirrors are Removed
10102022: Received emial from dealer that said Heated Mirrors are back
10132022: Received "Scheduled For Production" email from Ford. Week of 11/21/2022
11182022: Noticed @ Ford Tracker, now shows "In Production", and Window Sticker is present
12012022: Ford Tracker now shows "Built" (with a date of 11/30/2022 under it).
12022022: Received email from Ford that says that its been built and "Our current estimate for delivery to Granger Motors, Inc. is between Dec 11, and Dec 17.
12272022: Received email from Ford that says "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2023 F-150 Tremor is delivered...", and the updated estimated delivery date is now between Dec 23 and Dec 29.
12302022: I got an email from the Dealer. She was responding to my questions about the Ford email and the whole biz about ensuring complete satisfaction. She didn't have any answers on that front, but she did share what she's seeing on her end....which she is now seeing an estimated ship date of Jan 1-7. She had some more detials, so maybe this is more of a "real" date now? The previous statuses where also "Awaiting Shipment" and the secondary status was "Released". Now the seconday status says "Origin Received". Also, the previous "Vehicle Location" was very general, and now a Ramp number is listed.
01062023: Emailed my Dealer today to see if she was seeing any update. She got back right away, and let me know what she was seeing....and updated ETA of Jan 9-15. On my 4th ETA now.
01102023: Received email from Ford, like the one on 12302022, with ETA of Jan 9-15.
01162023: Emailed Dealer for an update, reply is that ETA is now Jan 13-19
01232023: Emailed Dealer for an update, reply is that ETA is now Jan 21-27...for my 6th ETA
01262023: Received email from Ford that my truck has shipped, and the new ETA is now Jan 24-30.
01302023: Received the "Financing" email from my dealer today, who also confirmed that my ETA is now Jan 28 - Feb 3 for my 8th ETA.
02062023: Received email from Dealer with VVR. Looks truck arrived in Kansas City (Ramp 6P) on Feb 1. New ETA is Feb 4 - Feb 10. So the VVR is different from the Ford Tracker site, which has a range of Feb 1 - Feb 14.
02082023: My daily (at least) check of the Ford Tracking site now shows Feb 4 - Feb 17. I'm really over this whole thing at the moment. A truck completed on Nov 30, shouldn't take over two months to get shipped 600 miles. Did we as a society/economy peak in 2019 and this is just as good as it's going to get?
Sponsored

Chipk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered - 2023 F-150 Tremor, 2023 Mazda CX-50
we’re in the same boat, but the truck was never “completed” in November. From what I can gather, they sat in a lot waiting for chips until the end of January.

Mine is also in KC awaiting shipment to IA… time to order my wheel liners, antenna… and resolve bed liner spray and tonneau cover!

I’m assuming the 2021-22 wheel liner fits the 2023?

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
we’re in the same boat, but the truck was never “completed” in November. From what I can gather, they sat in a lot waiting for chips until the end of January.

Mine is also in KC awaiting shipment to IA… time to order my wheel liners, antenna… and resolve bed liner spray and tonneau cover!

Not sure about the fit. What color of truck did you go with?

Since I have the AMB, I'm not sure the liners are really needed. If my truck was white or a fairly light color, then I would most likely buy them.

I'm still a bit TBD on the tonneau cover. I plan to haul my dual sport motorcycle a fair bit, and I'm just not sure how it will fit in the back with the cover all the way flipped up. Maybe the bike will fit, but will it ruin the cover since I use one of the front corners of the bed to jam the front wheel into.?

If I knew that the bike would fit without issue with the cover flipped all the way up, I would probably get one. I just don't want ot have to take the thing off and on. I've also never had one before, on my two previous trucks, so I'm not coming at this from a perspective with a past that found them useful.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor

What is the Tracker or the VVR saying about your current delivery estimates?

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
I ordered my 2023 XLT FX4 PB from Granger on 11/23/2022. Although I was told about 4-6 months wait, mine was built on 12/23/2022 and it was shipped on 12/27/2022 with delivery eta 1/4-1/8th according to Ford order tracker. At that time, Granger's finance team sent me an email which I was excited about. Since then delivery date has been pushed multiple times and I noticed my truck was stuck in Kansas City for little over a week. It finally arrived at Granger last week and I finished all paperwork this Monday and scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning. It's going to be a longest day today and I have to drive my truck back to NJ over 11000 miles. I plan to only stops for gas and hope to make it back home early Saturday morning :)
I can check their lot tomorrow while I'm there to see if anyone's truck is there if let me know the color and trim. Good luck!

Sponsored

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
I ordered my 2023 XLT FX4 PB from Granger on 11/23/2022. Although I was told about 4-6 months wait, mine was built on 12/23/2022 and it was shipped on 12/27/2022 with delivery eta 1/4-1/8th according to Ford order tracker. At that time, Granger's finance team sent me an email which I was excited about. Since then delivery date has been pushed multiple times and I noticed my truck was stuck in Kansas City for little over a week. It finally arrived at Granger last week and I finished all paperwork this Monday and scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning. It's going to be a longest day today and I have to drive my truck back to NJ over 11000 miles. I plan to only stops for gas and hope to make it back home early Saturday morning :)
I can check their lot tomorrow while I'm there to see if anyone's truck is there if let me know the color and trim. Good luck!
Wow 11,000 miles is a lot of backroads home ;)

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Congrats on the new truck and it showing up at Granger. I assume that you are flying out? Either way, safe travels.

I've received the "questionnaire" from the finance department last week, and completed it right away, but haven't heard anything back about financing. I did hear back about the offer on my potential trade in. I'm still not sure if I'm going to drive my current truck out, do the trade in and drive back, or just sell the truck locally, fly out and drive back. My main fear is that I drive all the way out, and then they decided to knock a bit off the trade in value while I'm there. Also, flying one leg of the trip is probably preferred versus making the drive twice.

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
Congrats on the new truck and it showing up at Granger. I assume that you are flying out? Either way, safe travels.

I've received the "questionnaire" from the finance department last week, and completed it right away, but haven't heard anything back about financing. I did hear back about the offer on my potential trade in. I'm still not sure if I'm going to drive my current truck out, do the trade in and drive back, or just sell the truck locally, fly out and drive back. My main fear is that I drive all the way out, and then they decided to knock a bit off the trade in value while I'm there. Also, flying one leg of the trip is probably preferred versus making the drive twice.
yeah, I'm flying early tomorrow morning, there is no way I can drive 2200 miles in two days lol.
Instead of keep sending email to Chip for updates, I used the this link: https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat
periodically to get the updates on shipping and once I was informed that the truck was landed in Kansas City, Ramp 6, I chatted everyday for about a week and found out the truck was finally delivered to Grangers even before Chip sent me an email. For a trade in, I had the same concern. So I checked local dealerships and I got better than what I wanted for our Honda mini van from a local Honda dealership. So I sold it three weeks ago. So check out your local dealerships, here in NJ used car market is still crazy. My mini van was sold to someone in less than a week after our local dealership bought it from me for what I would never pay for 4yr old minivan with 67K miles.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
yeah, I'm flying early tomorrow morning, there is no way I can drive 2200 miles in two days lol.
Instead of keep sending email to Chip for updates, I used the this link: https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat
periodically to get the updates on shipping and once I was informed that the truck was landed in Kansas City, Ramp 6, I chatted everyday for about a week and found out the truck was finally delivered to Grangers even before Chip sent me an email. For a trade in, I had the same concern. So I checked local dealerships and I got better than what I wanted for our Honda mini van from a local Honda dealership. So I sold it three weeks ago. So check out your local dealerships, here in NJ used car market is still crazy. My mini van was sold to someone in less than a week after our local dealership bought it from me for what I would never pay for 4yr old minivan with 67K miles.
So did you use the chat option at the website for updates?

I have been using a combo of checking the Ford Tracking site, and Granger sending me a cut and paste of the VVR. I dealt with Chip for maybe one connection, but ever since have been dealing with Savannah who has been very responsive. I'm not sure the Ford chat would have more info then what Savannah can see with her access to the VVR.

I am currently on ramp 6P in KC.

Glad you got a good trade in. I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra with about 218k miles on it, so it's not going to be a ton of money. So far Granger and CarMax (online, not in person) are at about the same number. I might try and see what the local Toyota dealership would want to give.

Also, while I am happy for you....you ordered your truck over 3 months later than I ordered mine!!! :mad:

Sponsored

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
So did you use the chat option at the website for updates?

I have been using a combo of checking the Ford Tracking site, and Granger sending me a cut and paste of the VVR. I dealt with Chip for maybe one connection, but ever since have been dealing with Savannah who has been very responsive. I'm not sure the Ford chat would have more info then what Savannah can see with her access to the VVR.

I am currently on ramp 6P in KC.

Glad you got a good trade in. I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra with about 218k miles on it, so it's not going to be a ton of money. So far Granger and CarMax (online, not in person) are at about the same number. I might try and see what the local Toyota dealership would want to give.

Also, while I am happy for you....you ordered your truck over 3 months later than I ordered mine!!! :mad:
Although Chip has been very responsive, I just didn't want to bother him too much. I was told 4-6 months then my truck was built in a month which surprised me a lot then it was shipped 4 days later. Ford order tracker was stuck at "Shipped" Since 12/27th with no updates and once the truck wasn't delivered on the first estimated dates, I used the Ford Chat and ask exactly where my truck was. They were able to provided me the name of transportation company and ramp # or port # in Michigan & Kansas City. I believe VVR would provide the same but not sure as I never ask for it to Chip. With the provided info and I was able to find a call number to track where the train that transports my truck.
For my Minivan, I used Edmunds:
https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/?...geSz_8mooEvtVca_wbq9nSvgFjCiELbxoCWrYQAvD_BwE
Three dealerships sent me the estimate which was the same from Carmax estimate(within $500 difference). The local Honda dealer was most aggressive with their offer and didn't want me to take mine to other dealers.

OP
OP

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Although Chip has been very responsive, I just didn't want to bother him too much. I was told 4-6 months then my truck was built in a month which surprised me a lot then it was shipped 4 days later. Ford order tracker was stuck at "Shipped" Since 12/27th with no updates and once the truck wasn't delivered on the first estimated dates, I used the Ford Chat and ask exactly where my truck was. They were able to provided me the name of transportation company and ramp # or port # in Michigan & Kansas City. I believe VVR would provide the same but not sure as I never ask for it to Chip. With the provided info and I was able to find a call number to track where the train that transports my truck.
For my Minivan, I used Edmunds:
https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/?...geSz_8mooEvtVca_wbq9nSvgFjCiELbxoCWrYQAvD_BwE
Three dealerships sent me the estimate which was the same from Carmax estimate(within $500 difference). The local Honda dealer was most aggressive with their offer and didn't want me to take mine to other dealers.

Post some pics when you pick it up tomorrow!

Chipk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats and safe travels!

Chipk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure about the fit. What color of truck did you go with?

Since I have the AMB, I'm not sure the liners are really needed. If my truck was white or a fairly light color, then I would most likely buy them.

I'm still a bit TBD on the tonneau cover. I plan to haul my dual sport motorcycle a fair bit, and I'm just not sure how it will fit in the back with the cover all the way flipped up. Maybe the bike will fit, but will it ruin the cover since I use one of the front corners of the bed to jam the front wheel into.?

If I knew that the bike would fit without issue with the cover flipped all the way up, I would probably get one. I just don't want ot have to take the thing off and on. I've also never had one before, on my two previous trucks, so I'm not coming at this from a perspective with a past that found them useful.

Currently leaning towards this cover and I think my front wheel should be below to top of bed and the cover if needed, but my dual-sport is pretty big and I'd more than likely ride it to wherever I'm going! Last trip was Telluride and getting my ass kicked on Ophir Pass!
Sponsored