boy racer

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
I hear ya. If you are pulling the trigger on a tremor, then my vote is go through granger.

I ordered my 2023 from Granger and was able to get exactly what I wanted for better pricing than anyone local would give me. I also wanted some features that weren’t commonly seen like a platinum with CCD, onboard scales, and no Sun roof. I did take a hit in value loss on my current truck due to current market conditions over the 4.5 months it took for truck to be built, but that’s also what miles and time does to trucks. Also, Granger gave me a fair KBB bluebook value for my trade in.
Thank you! That's what I was hoping to hear! Like I mentioned, as long as I have an idea of what they'll give me for my truck then I have a general idea of the finances going into them. I'd hate to drive there from New York and not close the deal because we couldn't agree on a fair trade in value. I totally understand that they could not give me an idea now as market conditions change and who knows how long it would take to produce the vehicle I ordered.
Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Pretty crazy doing a build just a year later and seeing the same optioned truck 5-10k over your sticker. My 2022' 502A ( not tremor) sticker went from 67,800 , to 75,100 for 2023 . This is nuts and sad because these prices will never come down again

OP
OP
boy racer

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Pretty crazy doing a build just a year later and seeing the same optioned truck 5-10k over your sticker. My 2022' 502A ( not tremor) sticker went from 67,800 , to 75,100 for 2023 . This is nuts and sad because these prices will never come down again
Yeah, when it comes time to bring in my truck I'm gonna bring a couple dozen eggs with me to help the negotiations. :D
Unfortunately I've seen a lot of things go up tremendously in the last year or so I don't blame Ford for keeping up with rising costs. There are a lot of parts that go into these trucks. So if the cost of all those parts are going up, the lump sum adjustment will be quite large.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I hear ya. If you are pulling the trigger on a tremor, then my vote is go through granger.

I ordered my 2023 from Granger and was able to get exactly what I wanted for better pricing than anyone local would give me. I also wanted some features that weren’t commonly seen like a platinum with CCD, onboard scales, and no Sun roof. I did take a hit in value loss on my current truck due to current market conditions over the 4.5 months it took for truck to be built, but that’s also what miles and time does to trucks. Also, Granger gave me a fair KBB bluebook value for my trade in.

I'm in the middle of the process with Granger right now. My ordered 2023 hasn't come in yet, but I'm going through the process of getting a quote for a trade in. I just got the email today, with the request to take some pics and send them in.

I'm still undecided what I will actually do. I know I can sell the truck locally. But, I don't want to drive all the way out to Granger and then arrive and then they knock a bunch off the trade in offer while I'm out there. I don't have an expensive truck. It's a 2006 Toyota Tundra with 218K miles. I also know I can get a reasonable SWA flight out to Granger was well. It will all boil down to just how good the offer from Granger will be.

I do know that if I sell it locally, I will probably just take it to CarMax and go with them. Will I get a great price, probably not. Will I avoid the crazies by not selling it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, YES!!! I recently sold an ATV using FBM, and oh my was that a sh@t show. Tons and tons of flakey peeps. It finally sold, but I really don't want to go through that again.

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
I'm in the middle of the process with Granger right now. My ordered 2023 hasn't come in yet, but I'm going through the process of getting a quote for a trade in. I just got the email today, with the request to take some pics and send them in.

I'm still undecided what I will actually do. I know I can sell the truck locally. But, I don't want to drive all the way out to Granger and then arrive and then they knock a bunch off the trade in offer while I'm out there. I don't have an expensive truck. It's a 2006 Toyota Tundra with 218K miles. I also know I can get a reasonable SWA flight out to Granger was well. It will all boil down to just how good the offer from Granger will be.

I do know that if I sell it locally, I will probably just take it to CarMax and go with them. Will I get a great price, probably not. Will I avoid the crazies by not selling it on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, YES!!! I recently sold an ATV using FBM, and oh my was that a sh@t show. Tons and tons of flakey peeps. It finally sold, but I really don't want to go through that again.
Completely understand! I did a mixed work/pick up new truck trip. I drove my trade in there on Feb 1. I sent pictures and disclosed all the cosmetic stuff in email to them. All they did was confirm mileage on odometer and remove old plate. That’s it! I did Have to sign a document to confirm odometer and that there wasn’t anything else wrong that I didn’t disclose. I felt good about it Since I have my email documentation too.

Sponsored

bucket1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 supercrew 2023 tremor 402a v8
Occupation
Jl
I'm from New York and I went through Chapman Ford of Horsham PA did you check them out?

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I'm going through Granger. They did make decent offers on two of my potential trades, but both were lower than local, so I'm skipping the drive-trade in-drive option. Looks like I'm going to Fly and Drive.

Tremoring4fun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales
On the '22's you can still get the heated steering wheel, that option is gone on the 2023's! A minor thing you get on the 2021's that you won't on the 2022 & 2023 is the digital display on the climate control knobs.
Sponsored