Sponsored

2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I finally picked this up from Granger on Friday, then drove it 1100 miles back home over the weekend.

Overall this was a very easy process aside from the waiting part

A few things to note for this 401A package, things I guess I had blinders on and assumed it came with v.s. the 402A:
Tailgate is auto-down but not power-up
Tail lights are not the LED models, they are the standard halogen
No adaptive Cruise unless I just do not know how to use it
There is no intelligent trailer connector, and I did not get any sort of package to set it up. (I thought they sent these with modules now v.s. the stickers, but I didnt get either one)
Ford F-150 2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor tremor1
Ford F-150 2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor tremor2
Ford F-150 2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor tremor3
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I have the fully auto tailgate on my King Ranch. its dumb. I dont mind the auto down, but the motorized up is way too slow. and if I grab it to shut it manually and hesitate even for a second the motor tries to take over, then its an arm wrestling match. plus its always beeping. beeps going down beeps going up. beeps when its blocked. cheezuz with the beepers on modern cars...

trust me, you are better off.

OP
OP
CarbonTremor

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I guess I'm just wrong on the adaptive cruise, its not a thing. you basically have to get bluecruise for it.

For the Trailer module, this appears to be a shell game with Ford in general, nobody seems to know what models it actually comes with or how to option to get it.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
well you dont need full bluecruise, but you need co-pilot 360 assist 2.0 or whatever they call it.
check your window sticker for this.

did you not order the trailer tow package? you have the connectors and hitch, maybe not the brake controller tho

Ford F-150 2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 9.32.41 AM

Reactions: 780

DrewMackin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0
I finally picked this up from Granger on Friday, then drove it 1100 miles back home over the weekend.

A few things to note for this 401A package, things I guess I had blinders on and assumed it came with v.s. the 402A:
There is no intelligent trailer connector, and I did not get any sort of package to set it up. (I thought they sent these with modules now v.s. the stickers, but I didnt get either one)
tremor1.jpg
tremor2.jpg
tremor3.jpg
My '23 402A doesn't have auto-up tailgate either, so definitely not a standard feature for the high package.

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
well you dont need full bluecruise, but you need co-pilot 360 assist 2.0 or whatever they call it.
check your window sticker for this.

did you not order the trailer tow package? you have the connectors and hitch, maybe not the brake controller tho

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 9.32.41 AM.png
Agreed, my wife has adaptive cruise on her Bronco Sport which is not offered with BlueCruise.

Would Backup Pro Assist be part of the trailer tow package?

OP
OP
CarbonTremor

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
yep, I have the Ford copilot assist 2.0, and the trailer tow package.
Seems that Ford just stopped giving out the module / wiring / connector on the F150.

I'm referring to the 11 or 12 pin round smart connector, not the 7pin trailer connector.
There are some other threads on this forum surrounding it, I just did not look into it before buying :(
Ford F-150 2023 Carbonized Gray 401A Tremor f150smartplu

I also just learned they are not sending spare tire locks on 2023's

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
ok, I am not a trailer guy, I date back to the 4 pin flat connector days. I thought the 7pin was high tech stuff !!

you may have to go into settings and turn on adaptive cruise.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
GREAT looking truck. Congrats

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat

tremor1.jpg
tremor2.jpg
tremor3.jpg
The worst part of your truck is those ugly wheels and tires. I’d be glad to take them off your hands 😂.

Anyway, your truck looks badass, everything you mentioned missing, I could forget about just looking at how good it looks.

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Weren't you a wee bit curious what the 402A folks were paying for?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
nice looking truck. can you share some pics of the interior? Enjoy the ride.

Karytas80

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4
Nice looking truck! I'm going to do the same this Friday. I will be picking up my 2023 XLT PB in the same color from Granger then I will drive it back home to NJ which is just over 1100 miles. I like driving so I'm thinking to drive it straight home without stopping other than gas stops but I will see :)

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My '23 402A doesn't have auto-up tailgate either, so definitely not a standard feature for the high package.
What he said. It might come with other packages, but it's listed with the Bed Utility Package, which I ordered. At this point, I'm not sure why I ordered the BUP, its' been so long...ordered in August and still don't have my truck. I know that I didn't order that option for the power tailgate, but maybe it was for the LED lighting.

It's been a while, so I've questioned a few of my picks....color being the biggest one. I went with AMB, but every time I see a white Tremor, I second guess my pick, with Avalanche being a close second.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I can confirm if it wasn't already known, the BUP gets you the power up tailgate, at least on a 22 tremor 402a.

I don't understand why they offer the tremor in anything but the 402a, same with other high trims like the platinum, why is there even an option for platinum high, they should all be high.

IMO only the XL, XLT, and Lariat should have different versions of trim levels.

Regardless your color is amazing, the orange accents look great against it.

I hope you enjoy it!
Sponsored