Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I can't believe you two haven't started buyback procedures already. ✌😁

Sorry. I've had a long day and the snark starts to show.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I started to carry a faraday bag in the truck and when I leave I put the key in the bag and then my pocket. Maybe I will get more benefit out of this procedure than I originally thought.

It is interesting about the key being in close proximity to the truck and that may be causing some internal "stuff" that could cause a glitch. It makes sense that it could be an issue and it is a great observation. Thanks for posting it.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
I started to carry a faraday bag in the truck and when I leave I put the key in the bag and then my pocket. Maybe I will get more benefit out of this procedure than I originally thought.

It is interesting about the key being in close proximity to the truck and that may be causing some internal "stuff" that could cause a glitch. It makes sense that it could be an issue and it is a great observation. Thanks for posting it.
You may be on to something. When the fob is in my pocket and I am in close proximity I hear the relays click.

Another quirk, grab a garden hose with the key in your pocket. When the hose steam contacts outside front door handles it triggers the power 🔒,

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Curious if those who remote start most of the time see this issue popping up?

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I certainly don't do it most of the time but I have a couple of times to test range (quite far BTW) and to pre cool it from the upper 90s we've been having but since the thread has wandered this way, I got an alert yesterday, after the fob being within a doz, or so ft. for an extended period (day, day n a half).

Something like "Remote features shut down to preserve battery" Then something about ~nothing being wrong, I just need to drive it.~ No kidding.

I'm used to the clicks and what not while walking near it with the fob and usually try to minimize it but the fob was stationary and the truck was locked.

The alert happened in response to me trying to open the tailgate with the fob from said dozen feet. It did accept the unlock command and the tailgate then opened with the button on the gate.

So, we know, excessive "wake ups" by walking past the truck with the fob, can't be helpful to a low battery condition but now we can at least suspect, that even just static proximity, may have some deleterious effect.

Sponsored

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
Also curious. I've had three no start episodes. Every time was when starting the normal way. Now I almost always use the app, fob, or if I make it all the way to the truck I still do the two step method. Three weeks and counting without an issue now. Kind of hard to remember to not start the truck like you are used to starting every other push start vehicle you have ever driven though...

Sparkyboy

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT 7.2 Avalanche
Occupation
Electrician
Also curious. I've had three no start episodes. Every time was when starting the normal way. Now I almost always use the app, fob, or if I make it all the way to the truck I still do the two step method. Three weeks and counting without an issue now. Kind of hard to remember to not start the truck like you are used to starting every other push start vehicle you have ever driven though...
That is an interesting idea. I think I will start doing that too. Hopefully Ford gets this figured out soon, it is giving me anxiety every time I get in my truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lately I haven't been driving the truck much. So when I do get in I launch my Bluetooth 12V battery monitor app to see the SOC. It's not uncommon for the SOC to drop from say 12.4~12.5V to 12.1V, just from opening the door and the running boards deploying and lights coming on.

You can see exactly that here yesterday

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start Screenshot_20230825_202329_Battery Monitor

The bottom scale is 24 hours.
Zoomed in (red circle) to see the sudden drop from just getting in the truck

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start 20230825_202910

Truck was better than 12.4 before I opened the door

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start Screenshot_20230825_202953_Battery Monitor

So I now do @turbopilot 2-step and turn on accessory power. It enables the Dc/DC alternator to immediately kick in and raise the voltage on the 12V system to +14V

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start Screenshot_20230825_203052_Battery Monitor

You can see about a 20 minute drive to go get Mexican food with the grandkids. Truck was parked about an hour.
You see the voltage drop again when we open the doors to get in the truck for the 20 minute return trip.

You can also see that after parking in the barn I decided to put it on a trickle charger for the night. :)

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start 20230825_203404

This afternoon, just for grins, I passed by the barn returning from work and launched the Bluetooth monitor again.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start Screenshot_20230825_173141_Battery Monitor

I'm not saying that the 12V voltage is the no-start culprit.
But I am saying that fully charging the HV battery before parking the truck for a few days, AND turning on the DC/DC alternator before starting the truck, both give the intimidatingly sophisticated boot up software parameters plenty of juice to work with.

Hey, what can I say. Both procedures only take seconds. :)

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Lately I haven't been driving the truck much. So when I do get in I launch my Bluetooth 12V battery monitor app to see the SOC. It's not uncommon for the SOC to drop from say 12.4~12.5V to 12.1V, just from opening the door and the running boards deploying and lights coming on.

You can see exactly that here yesterday

Screenshot_20230825_202329_Battery Monitor.jpg

The bottom scale is 24 hours.
Zoomed in (red circle) to see the sudden drop from just getting in the truck

20230825_202910.jpg

Truck was better than 12.4 before I opened the door

Screenshot_20230825_202953_Battery Monitor.jpg

So I now do @turbopilot 2-step and turn on accessory power. It enables the Dc/DC alternator to immediately kick in and raise the voltage on the 12V system to +14V

Screenshot_20230825_203052_Battery Monitor.jpg

You can see about a 20 minute drive to go get Mexican food with the grandkids. Truck was parked about an hour.
You see the voltage drop again when we open the doors to get in the truck for the 20 minute return trip.

You can also see that after parking in the barn I decided to put it on a trickle charger for the night. :)

20230825_203404.jpg

This afternoon, just for grins, I passed by the barn returning from work and launched the Bluetooth monitor again.

Screenshot_20230825_173141_Battery Monitor.jpg

I'm not saying that the 12V voltage is the no-start culprit.
But I am saying that fully charging the HV battery before parking the truck for a few days, AND turning on the DC/DC alternator before starting the truck, both give the intimidatingly sophisticated boot up software parameters plenty of juice to work with.

Hey, what can I say. Both procedures only take seconds. :)
FWIW, I have had a couple of deep sleep alerts and one alert warning of remote features being unavailable.

I try to remember to let it idle enough to turn off the ICE before shutting it off but not every time and I've never done the 2 step start. I've also never had the no start condition.

For the record, most of my trips are 8ish miles one way, usually with a few stops and may be as long as a week between trips.

Sponsored

Snooker_ML

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 SCrew PowerBoost 145" Lariat 501A MaxTow
I have a 2023 PB with 7000 miles in 6 months. About halfway through that time I started getting a Charging System Service Soon warning almost daily. Then while on a long trip I got a Stop Safely Now red screen followed by a Full Accessory Power Active yellow warning screen; it also showed a little red battery shaped icon in the lower right.

I'm posting this for 2 reasons:
1. To reiterate that these messages can occur for a variety of reasons, Stop Safely Now is pretty generic, and Full Accessory Power Active just means it would not go to the Ready state (i.e. won't start), so it is in Accessory mode only.

2. In my case I got lucky and waited a few minutes then the truck started. It had been parked overnight, locked and unused, and the first try didn't start it but a few minutes later it did. I then drove 2000 miles home in a week and never saw this issue again.

But the Charging System Service Soon screen remained, and this was the solution, (not sure if the Stop Safely was related or not):

I bought an OBDLink Max+ and it showed one Trouble Code listed as still being Current. At the dealer they found the same code and made the repair:
B11DB-49 The B11DB is a fault in the Battery Management System (BMS), and the 49 indicates an internal fault in the "Fusible Link / Battery Current Sensor" module attached to the main 12v battery negative post. It's a $30 part that is used to measure the current in and out of the AGM battery, to help monitor the SOC.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ge-how-to-power-accessories.13862/post-307379

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now that you have some tools (OBDLink) to work with, you just might be able to zero in on what might be behind the seemingly random occurrences of these alerts?

I certainly hope so. And it would be fantastic if the BMS sensor replacement was the culprit on your 2023, and now the issue is behind you.

Fingers crossed. :)