Sponsored

2022 Powerboost Stop Safely Now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 on order
I got the SSN message for the first time today (22 Platinum PB, 11k miles). Gassed up and went home. Then a few hours later was going somewhere and it would go to full accessory mode but wouldn’t start. It showed a bunch of unavailable feature messages, check engine light, a red truck light with an exclamation point and the stop safely now message. After about an hour I was able to remote start it with the app and then I drove it without any issues, but the check engine light is still on.

The app says “the powertrain control system has detected a fault with the high voltage system” - has anybody had this message? I’m wondering if the cold weather had anything to do with it because it was -7 degrees F today. Also, I see that the 2023s have TSB and a software update related to this issue - do these apply to 2022 models as well?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I have had the same thing happen to me twice now since doing the last round of FDRS updates and having BC 1.4 enabled. Same FordPass messages you had but scanning codes I get Engine Disconnect Clutch Stuck Open. If I clear the codes and disconnect both 12v batteries for 10 minutes the truck fires up again with no issues. Not sure what it is but I plan on putting some miles on it in the next few days, if it happens again I will likely goto the dealer just to make sure it’s not something in the electric motor / transmission. This was a super common issue in Audi’s with a very similar hybrid construction.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think there's enough evidence on the forum at this point to at least suggest that the SSN/No-start is not necessarily a single cause circumstance.
Or put another way, the SSN alert isn't specific to a single possible cause.

And other than the sudden rash of brand new 2023s that popped up and appeared to be a "batch" of trucks that required a software patch, we still don't have much of a clue what can trigger these random events.
My 2022 has experienced it only once and the SSN alert was AFTER I had already started down the road. So I didn't experience the no-start because I didn't turn the truck off.

I almost wish MY truck would experience the SSN/No-start so that I could get some data points regarding the parameters related to the High Voltage side of the truck. I have a fair amount of historic logs of what is "Normal" operating parameters, so maybe something would stick out?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got the SSN message for the first time today (22 Platinum PB, 11k miles). Gassed up and went home. Then a few hours later was going somewhere and it would go to full accessory mode but wouldn’t start. It showed a bunch of unavailable feature messages, check engine light, a red truck light with an exclamation point and the stop safely now message. After about an hour I was able to remote start it with the app and then I drove it without any issues, but the check engine light is still on.

The app says “the powertrain control system has detected a fault with the high voltage system” - has anybody had this message? I’m wondering if the cold weather had anything to do with it because it was -7 degrees F today. Also, I see that the 2023s have TSB and a software update related to this issue - do these apply to 2022 models as well?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Lariat was in for the specific SSN recall yesterday. Computer techs performed the microcode updates per the bulletin. More than one module was flashed/updated.

Also received power up 6.1.0 while it was in the shop.

Time will tell if this software fix addressed the fault. I'll post here if SSN re-occurs
No further occurrences since dealer techs patched components in "TSB-23-2317" last October.

Attached the repair order notes for everyone to read verbatim. It may help others get rigs fixed..

For the record I had experienced this issue 5 times in 9 months. Am relieved no re-occurrence since the work was done.

Ford F-150 2022 Powerboost Stop Safely Now Scan

Sponsored

Justint95678

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
Occupation
Truck driver
No further occurrences since dealer techs patched components in "TSB-23-2317" last October.

Attached the repair order notes for everyone to read verbatim. It may help others get rigs fixed..

For the record I had experienced this issue 5 times in 9 months. Am relieved no re-occurrence since the work was done.

Scan.jpeg
Question. Did the dealer charge you or put this under warranty work? I don’t have a warranty on my truck at the moment but need this done. Keep getting the no start/full accessory mode lights. And found code u0293.
Also would you mind emailing me that worksheet from what they did to your truck so I can make sure my tech does the same to mine.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Ford covered all the diagnostic and repair charges in my case. If you sense the dealer is constantly scratching his head 🤔 about powerboost concerns find another dealership with technicians trained on the platform.
Sponsored