New 2024 KR powerboost Stop safely now

gh8toes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2024 King Ranch on order
Occupation
retired
I would have thought that Ford would have worked out the bugs by now, but apparently not. On my way home from work on my truck with 560 miles the engine shut off and I got a Stop Safely now messages. I was able to get pulled over, shut the truck off and let it reset and drove home OK after that. I guess I now have to take a brand new truck to the dealer to work on it. Very frustrating because the 2021 Platinum PB that I traded in for this truck ran flawlessly for me. Also frustrating is that the Sync 4 is still buggy 3 years after is was first released. At random times the apple car play will connect but I cant play music or phone through car play. If I shut it completely off and restart it will usually work.
So what was the final result of your problem? Any more occurrences, software updates, did Ford analyze,....? I'm still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, .. for my KR to be shipped to my dealer, only 30 miles from Dearborn Assy. Just want to know what to look forward to.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
SSN is Arguably a generic alert.
I mean that you shouldn't consider one trucks SSN issue to be the same as another trucks.

You can even get a SSN alert that would best be ignored, unless it repeats or presents additional symptoms.

An example would be the HV battery dropping in SOC below some threshold that would trigger the SSN alert, yet 30 seconds later the HV battery is being charged successfully because the truck is now warm enough to get past the coldstart fueling loop.

The last thing I personally would do is drop my brand new truck off at the dealership with no active alert on the instrument cluster.

OP
OP

KevinP

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
So what was the final result of your problem? Any more occurrences, software updates, did Ford analyze,....? I'm still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, .. for my KR to be shipped to my dealer, only 30 miles from Dearborn Assy. Just want to know what to look forward to.
I made an appointment to take it into the dealer but canceled due to being too busy to deal with it. I have put about 600 miles on since without any recurrences of the issue. Apple car play is still buggy though. About 15% of the times when I start the vehicle, Apple car play will connect but have no sound when trying to play music or make phone calls. A reset usually fixes the issue.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I made an appointment to take it into the dealer but canceled due to being too busy to deal with it. I have put about 600 miles on since without any recurrences of the issue. Apple car play is still buggy though. About 15% of the times when I start the vehicle, Apple car play will connect but have no sound when trying to play music or make phone calls. A reset usually fixes the issue.
PM me your VIN.
Sponsored