Sponsored

2023 Lariat Sport Interior Two-Tone Panels

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
im really regretting this interior. I hope when I actually get it, its better to me. I paid no attention that it was a 2-tone interior when I ordered. I had no idea Ford would do something so dumb on a sport package, it never even crossed my mind. Now i'm stuck with it, so I hope I like it. The color they decided to go with is more rustic/classy than "sport". They have everything F'ed up IMO.
Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
im really regretting this interior. I hope when I actually get it, its better to me. I paid no attention that it was a 2-tone interior when I ordered. I had no idea Ford would do something so dumb on a sport package, it never even crossed my mind. Now i'm stuck with it, so I hope I like it. The color they decided to go with is more rustic/classy than "sport". They have everything F'ed up IMO.
Those were my feelings as well, where I can't say that I like it, but I don't mind it. I even looked into buying the panels for a standard Lariat and swapping them out, but that comes to around $3,000 in parts...so I decided to hold off and just drive it for a month to make sure it was worth it, and ultimately decided that at $3,000+ it wasn't that bad, and I've just accepted it as it is.

At least for 2022+ you can always go with the Black appearance package, to get an all black interior...

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Those were my feelings as well, where I can't say that I like it, but I don't mind it. I even looked into buying the panels for a standard Lariat and swapping them out, but that comes to around $3,000 in parts...so I decided to hold off and just drive it for a month to make sure it was worth it, and ultimately decided that at $3,000+ it wasn't that bad, and I've just accepted it as it is.

At least for 2022+ you can always go with the Black appearance package, to get an all black interior...

BAP wasn't orderable when I placed my 2022 order 😭. It was on pause or something like that. It wasn't on the dealers order form.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I know others have said that same but I would like to add my 2 scents.

I really wanted to go for a BAP to get the full black interior but could not justify the increase in price. I also was not planning on keeping the black wheels and did not like the gloss black grill.

I had not seen the Interior of the Sport Appearance in person when I ordered and it was my biggest concern.

As soon as I opened the truck door I was impressed. It is actually very subtle and looks really good IMHO. I think it sets it apart from the other trucks.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I have it and like it. I can understand if someone doesn't like it. What I find strange is that people feel they need to declare it is "dumb", "not sporty enough" and a "bad decision". So order your all block goth edition and be happy with it. I think black wheels are ridiculous but they seem popular so I'm not going to bash Ford for offering or members from buying them.

Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I know others have said that same but I would like to add my 2 scents.

I really wanted to go for a BAP to get the full black interior but could not justify the increase in price. I also was not planning on keeping the black wheels and did not like the gloss black grill.

I had not seen the Interior of the Sport Appearance in person when I ordered and it was my biggest concern.

As soon as I opened the truck door I was impressed. It is actually very subtle and looks really good IMHO. I think it sets it apart from the other trucks.
I wouldn't call it subtle. The upper dash, center console, and upper door panels are all brown. To each their own and everyone likes something different, but for me it just never grew on me and I ended up hating it. I love the sport package exterior, but I look at the interior way more than the exterior.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
BAP for 2022 had a "Late Availability" notice on it but it was there to order. It is the only reason why I ordered it as I had to get rid of the brown. If the truck was brown it would be great but I just did not like it with blue.

I wish they had just gone with a gray tone instead of a color as that would have been more neutral.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I have it and like it. I can understand if someone doesn't like it. What I find strange is that people feel they need to declare it is "dumb", "not sporty enough" and a "bad decision". So order your all block goth edition and be happy with it. I think black wheels are ridiculous but they seem popular so I'm not going to bash Ford for offering or members from buying them.
Black wheels are awesome! Keep your crappy opinion to yourself! (J/k!!!)

BAP for 2022 had a "Late Availability" notice on it but it was there to order. It is the only reason why I ordered it as I had to get rid of the brown. If the truck was brown it would be great but I just did not like it with blue.

I wish they had just gone with a gray tone instead of a color as that would have been more neutral.
I've grown used to it. Had I ordered my truck I would have definitely done BAP and then sourced a grill and 20" sport wheels afterwards. Far easier to do that than to remove all the chrome in the lights on the exterior and the brown on the inside.

I think the Brown is an odd choice as it does seem to clash with the blue and red exterior colors. On a black truck I bet it looks really good, or would look really good to me.

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
I absolutely hated it in pictures and could not believe Ford would do something so stupid with a sport interior. In person, it looks much better and it does not bother me. I think it looks good against my carbonized gray exterior.

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
Echo what has been said a bunch already... it's worse in pictures than in person. However, I wanted the Sport pkg for the exterior changes and BAP wasn't an option when I ordered. So to get the exterior changes I preferred I had to get the 2 tone interior. I don't really notice it now. It's fine. If given a choice I'd have gotten black only. But there was no choice. And I don't mind it.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my 21 super duty BAP was killer , they did it pretty darn good imo
interior and exterior. the lucid red made your eyes pop
only regret was no deploy-able running boards on the LOT truck i bought
wife is vertically challenged, so after a year i traded it off
should have spent the 3500 for drop down boards.
but my kr has more creature comforts and sync 4

imo the 150 should have followed more closely to what they did on the superduty for the BAP

Ford F-150 2023 Lariat Sport Interior Two-Tone Panels 20210404_122730

Ford F-150 2023 Lariat Sport Interior Two-Tone Panels 20210404_122336

Ford F-150 2023 Lariat Sport Interior Two-Tone Panels 20210403_173637

Ford F-150 2023 Lariat Sport Interior Two-Tone Panels 20210403_180155

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

says the guy with 20" black wheels on his truck (charcoal gray = black)

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
What I find strange is people need to declare black has "goth" or "ridiculous"... ;)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
says the guy with 20" black wheels on his truck (charcoal gray = black)
Really?, you are completely unable to diffentiate between the two? Should you even be driving? :eek:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
What I find strange is people need to declare black has "goth" or "ridiculous"... ;)
I did not "declare" it. I pointed out that it was simply what I thought and specifically was not suggesting it was anything other than my preference.

My issue with black wheels is primarily that they look great for about 15 minutes after washing and then show every speck of brake dust. I get the appeal, I just couldn't live with them looking cloudy most of the time.
Sponsored