• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wonder if Ford regrets not making the ER option Lariat and Platinum only? If they did that, and ER was a premium only option, then I think there is less bad feelings. There is absolutely no reason for the XLT ER to exist with the required options, so why does it exist at all?
Sponsored

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
I was surprised when Ford had mentioned a while ago that the lariet and platinum were far more popular in their survey. Now they can say "See, very few people bought the Pro!"

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I wonder if Ford regrets not making the ER option Lariat and Platinum only? If they did that, and ER was a premium only option, then I think there is less bad feelings. There is absolutely no reason for the XLT ER to exist with the required options, so why does it exist at all?
So media could talk about it for months like the Pro even though Ford wasn’t actually going to make more than a handful?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I was surprised when Ford had mentioned a while ago that the lariet and platinum were far more popular in their survey. Now they can say "See, very few people bought the Pro!"
Yep, exactly what I said they were setting up when they shared that BS “statistic”: they were setting up an explanation for barely making any pros or delaying it.

The Ford/dealer apologists said no, but here we are.

And they’re still doing it with the “Lariat and Platinum are favs” ambiguous nonsense.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hopefully GM isn’t a scummy as Ford, letting up to 25 people in front of you at the 11th hour.
Chevy also is giving themselves a much longer runway than Ford. Sounds like they might plan a little better

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I know a lot of members are disappointed with Ford regarding the Pro unavailability, but in their defense they were upfront about model availability. This was posted early on with the below available configurations. The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Pro sold out [update: confirmed] 1642727227351

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
If you wanted the pro the XLT is hard to swallow for an additional $12000 for like... Not much IMO. Running boards and cloth seats I suppose.
I told myself over and over "I'm just getting the base XLT with no other options".

When it came time to order, I ended up spending an additional $9000 for another upgrade to get two things I wanted but couldn't order individually, heated power seats and heated steering wheel, plus the upgraded safety features that I've come to love about my Mach-e.

To me, safety features should be STANDARD. For example, while I was driving my Mach-e a few months ago, the car driving to my left was t-boned by a car blowing a red light. My Mach-e sensed the impending crash, and it jammed the accelerator, and turned the wheel hard right and moved me to a safe spot at least 75 feet away without me doing a thing. I ended up with a small dent in the plastic wheel trim, but avoided the accident.

To me, that's software so why not include it in all their new vehicles that have the hardware to support it?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
https://silveradoevathome.com/ar

Yep, Chevy will probably end up with my order since the Pro is unavailable until 2023. Looks like it may be worth a 6 month additional wait.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.
They chose to produce those numbers based on profit margins, not demand. You are correct. As a consumer I can choose where and how I want to spend my money.

I'm also allowed to be dissapointed with Ford's marketing. By stating the Lightning starts at $39k they got everyone excited without a footnote of...*Less than 500 of the $39k models will be made. All other models start at $52.5k.

If that had been stated, guess how much less excitement would have been generated. I get how marketing works, but as a company dissapointing potential customers (especially with the amount of new truck buyers and new ford buyers there was projected to be) isn't the smartest tactic.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
If you wanted the pro the XLT is hard to swallow for an additional $12000 for like... Not much IMO. Running boards and cloth seats I suppose.
To me the painted bumpers, light bar, exterior lighting, interior work surface, exterior keypad are worth at least $3k

The 360 camera is worth another $1k to me.

Plus I get a guarantee $7500 rebate. Plus everything you listed above.

Honestly XLT is not a bad deal. It's an amazing deal knowing Pro is basically a unicorn to find.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Honestly XLT is not a bad deal. It's an amazing deal knowing Pro is basically a unicorn to find.
It's a bad deal compared to the Pro, and that's what we're all complaining about.

If the Pro didn't exist we'd all be buying that, since the Pro was the sizzle ($39k), the rug feels pulled out and the XLT just seems overpriced and boring.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The Pro fiasco is disappointing but that chart shows even *less* resources allocated to 312As...what the?

I had my reservation in within minutes, I'm in the top ten at my dealer, and I won't be getting any truck for less than $75K they think.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
All along when folks would say “the Rivian is soooo expensive” my response has been that i expected a similar spec Lightning to be more than the R1T. However I never dreamed a XLT with 27% less range would cost about the same as the base Rivian.
Sponsored