• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Congrats. You must have chosen the right dealer because plenty of us are sitting at < 10 minute reservations furiously hitting refresh right now.
Thanks, yes this dealer seems decent. I switched to them from one closer to me when they would not agree to no ADM and quit answering emails. The new dealer told me I was first or second in line and no ADM. Didn't hear anything from them after that but the order link popped up on my account today. Did not receive any email from Ford.
Sponsored

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Here's the thing:
It really sucks that Ford messed with our heads and made us believe the Pro would be an option. If they would have said that the Lighting starts with an XLT $53k I would have been a lot more pumped about the truck I just ordered. Still a little bummed, but compared to any other EV getting a fairly equipped F150 for $53k - $7500 is a steal in my opinion. That doesn't include the other $3k in incentives that I have lined up.
This is exactly how I feel

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Here's the thing:
It really sucks that Ford messed with our heads and made us believe the Pro would be an option. If they would have said that the Lighting starts with an XLT $53k I would have been a lot more pumped about the truck I just ordered. Still a little bummed, but compared to any other EV getting a fairly equipped F150 for $53k - $7500 is a steal in my opinion. That doesn't include the other $3k in incentives that I have lined up.

I thought the bigger bungle was not announcing that an ER truck would start at $74k. It had been mentioned by several auto journos that Pro retail trucks would be limited. There was *no* indication the cheapest ER truck would be so expensive.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
ok, I officially feel dirty, I gave in... Sorry XLT for bad mouthing you for the past couple of weeks.

XLT ordered.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Pro sold out [update: confirmed] 1642715227608

I may still balk before taking delivery and screw myself over, but I can easily afford it and it does everything I want it too. I currently drive an Egolf w/ 120 miles of range... so getting 100 more miles :)

Just mad that Ford teased that $40K truck in my face for soo long.

If there are no changes in EV tax credits, then the gap between the Pro and the XLT lessens.

But, what sold it for me was pricing an ICE hybrid XLT with similar specs, it costs more...

XLT Lightning minus EV credits is : $45K

XLT ICE Hybrid is: $54K

Factor in $1-2K of gas savings a year, the EV over 3 years is easily $15K cheaper.

Aside from obviously a lot more range, they are the same car... And I don't care so much about range, 230 is enough.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
The funny thing is I actually wanted a XLT ER, just without the mandatory upgraded package. The only reason I changed my mind to the Pro is because of that BS mandatory upselling. Since the Pro is gone, Ford managed to disappoint me not once, but twice!
A LOT of people are in the exact same position. I'm out of good will with ford. Time to see what the competition offers.

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
A LOT of people are in the exact same position. I'm out of good will with ford. Time to see what the competition offers.
I'm just gonna buy some time and get a Powerboost. Just gotta get SWMBO onboard :) There will be lots more competition in 5 years, and maybe better batteries by then too.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
ok, I officially feel dirty, I gave in... Sorry XLT for bad mouthing you for the past couple of weeks.

XLT ordered.

1642715227608.png

I may still balk before taking delivery and screw myself over, but I can easily afford it and it does everything I want it too. I currently drive an Egolf w/ 120 miles of range... so getting 100 more miles :)

Just mad that Ford teased that $40K truck in my face for soo long.

If there are no changes in EV tax credits, then the gap between the Pro and the XLT lessens.

But, what sold it for me was pricing an ICE hybrid XLT with similar specs, it costs more...

XLT Lightning minus EV credits is : $45K

XLT ICE Hybrid is: $54K

Factor in $1-2K of gas savings a year, the EV over 3 years is easily $15K cheaper.

Aside from obviously a lot more range, they are the same car... And I don't care so much about range, 230 is enough.
Next up: Wave 3 thread "LIGHTNING XLT SOLD OUT"

Seriously though, really hope you enjoy it :) Congrats!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Oh yeah, there's no way the XLT SR makes it to later waves. I wouldn't be surprised if it was sold out after wave 2.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Thanks, yes this dealer seems decent. I switched to them from one closer to me when they would not agree to no ADM and quit answering emails. The new dealer told me I was first or second in line and no ADM. Didn't hear anything from them after that but the order link popped up on my account today. Did not receive any email from Ford.
Who is your new dealer? My dealer told me that their ADM is one of the lowest in my area. <Insert eyeroll> I could easily drive up to the Sac area to save $$$$ (if you are from the Carmichael in CA).

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Next up: Wave 3 thread "LIGHTNING XLT SOLD OUT"

Seriously though, really hope you enjoy it :) Congrats!
That's why I made a relatively "rash" decision by my standards... I either decide now or it could be sold out and I'm out a Truck for another year.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Who is your new dealer? My dealer told me that their ADM is one of the lowest in my area. <Insert eyeroll> I could easily drive up to the Sac area to save $$$$ (if you are from the Carmichael in CA).
Folsom Lake Ford is who I switched to. I don't know for sure, but the sales manager made it sound like they didn't even prioritize their own staff over customers...just went by the reservation timestamp.

EDIT: I forgot...no ADM was only for locals. Don't know what it is for people from outside the area.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Well, I was Pro or nothing. I'm pushing my reservation to wait and see but at this point I'm extremely happy I reserved the Chevy EV within 15 seconds of the link going live. If the Pro's delivery date is within 6 months of the Chevy, I'm getting the better spec'd Chevy. I don't have brand loyalty, I have family loyalty and I'm always going to make the best decision ($$$) by my family. Fords lack of transparency and games are costing them customers.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Well, I was Pro or nothing. I'm pushing my reservation to wait and see but at this point I'm extremely happy I reserved the Chevy EV within 15 seconds of the link going live. If the Pro's delivery date is within 6 months of the Chevy, I'm getting the better spec'd Chevy. I don't have brand loyalty, I have family loyalty and I'm always going to make the best decision ($$$) by my family. Fords lack of transparency and games are costing them customers.
I hope Chevy is better than @Ford Motor Company and uses a time stamp. That kind of eagerness is definitely not rewarded by Ford.
Sponsored