• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

maverick92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lightning, Model Y, Maverick
Occupation
Engineer
I'm excited for the 2023 order banks to open so the dealers can get a new batch of prioritizations for their friends and family. /s
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
You're missing the fact that 2023 orders are going to come sooner than you think. Per playbook, ordering Going to start around beginning of July, and production will start around October. So people waiting for 23MY will start getting them around probably December.. Not that long of a wait difference. So i'd hold off jumping ship if you have an order invite and want to get a Pro.

Also, i did some very advanced calculations, and I'm estimating that there around 750 Pro orders for 22MY. My tolerances are probably +/- 50 trucks.. Note: This sophisticated math assumes that only 15,000 trucks gonna be made for 22MY

snip.png
That is what the playbook says, but I suspect there will be delays along the way. Ford is still delivering 2021 Mach-e production and will be for another month.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I know a lot of members are disappointed with Ford regarding the Pro unavailability, but in their defense they were upfront about model availability. This was posted early on with the below available configurations. The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.

1642727227351.png
If by “early on” you mean like 3 weeks ago, then sure.

They’ve had 8 months to be “up front” and they absolutely were not. They strung people along for months and months and then dropped the prioritization bomb and the “we’re going to make like 74 Pros” bomb in the last few weeks.”

“Up front” and “early on”? Lol Give me a break.
Uhh, yeah, sorry... A chart from a LEAKED PowerPoint ONE DAY before orders open is not "being up front" about production. Being up front would have been to publish this during the reveal, or at least last summer. The issue is ford's ridiculous communication and expectation management. Or rather absolute lack of any of that.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Hopefully GM isn’t a scummy as Ford, letting up to 25 people in front of you at the 11th hour.
If Chevy was smart they'd be paying very close attention to how this went and not repeating Ford's mistakes, since clearly Ford doesn't know how to learn from their own.
I know a lot of members are disappointed with Ford regarding the Pro unavailability, but in their defense they were upfront about model availability. This was posted early on with the below available configurations. The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.

1642727227351.png
I added this quote to the queue when it was two pages back from now so other people have already stated this but I'm gonna say it anyway: This is from a leaked slide that only dealers were supposed to see so technically they weren't upfront with the customers at all about this, and is one of the biggest gripes I have about this whole ordeal: @Ford Motor Company marketing has done a shit job with this release. Clickbaity email subjects regurgitating the same basic information, info/Q&A live streams on a proprietary platform with no archives available, not communicating how the Pro is a limited availability trim, etc.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
I would be interested in the Pro. It was electric, had good technology, and it looked like a F150. In other words, it was a good value for the money. But, what Ford is doing is the classic bait and switch. If you are ordering a vehicle why can't you order the trim level you want? A couple of things, chip shortages are still an issue and Ford figures it will use those chips that are available on the higher trim levels where there's more profit. Secondly, Ford probably never intended to sell a BEV F150 for less than $40,000 and probably will never offer a BEV F150 for less than $40,000 again. Cost is one of the problems of buying a BEV today. I'll just wait.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I'm excited for the 2023 order banks to open so the dealers can get a new batch of prioritizations for their friends and family. /s
The leaked playbook actually states that remaining 2022 reservations will be invited to order for 2023 “in reservation order”. Your guess is as good as mine if Ford will stick to that……I would certainly appreciate no more prioritizations or other surprises.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I agree with your second statement, but it doesn't make your first statement true.
Well if 230 is not enough. Then why would 300 be? :). Unless you happen to have very very specific daily 235 mile one way commute?

We have a model Y standard range, with 250 miles range. 99% of days it’s more than adequate. No need to ever stop and charge. We charge only at night.

For the few times we drive to LA or Vegas or Phoenix, even having a LR model Y would not be enough. We would still have to stop to charge.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Well if 230 is not enough. Then why would 300 be? :). Unless you happen to have very very specific daily 235 mile one way commute?

We have a model Y standard range, with 250 miles range. 99% of days it’s more than adequate. No need to ever stop and charge. We charge only at night.

For the few times we drive to LA or Vegas or Phoenix, even having a LR model Y would not be enough. We would still have to stop to charge.
Honestly, for a truck (no apples to oranges comparison with your Model Y here), even 300 isn't enough. That's because the cold-weather-while-towing-uphill-range needs be 300 to fully supplant ICE trucks. Even then, there will be holdouts, but I'd say that's the number to make them a vocal extreme minority.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline

Correct that most driving isn’t an issue, but you live in a part of the country with many charging options. Some of us do not have that luxury and having more range is necessary to make EVs as useful as possible. I frequently use my Mach E, and my Bolt before it, on day trips that would be uncomfortable or not possible for a SR Lightning, particularly in cold weather.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It's easy for people to forget about the cold weather in much of the country when the coldest temps they see are 50 F on a bad day.
Ha that’s fair. def living in a sunny bubble here.

But say if it’s a 50% loss. You are looking at 115miles vs 150 miles? The ER battery is only ~33% larger.

compared to a ICE getting 400-500 miles rain/sun/snow and can refill in 5 minutes (should you actually need such long haul capability)

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I do not know if you fellows saw this video, but it makes a lot of sense why Ford limited the production of the Pro.

Sponsored

Last edited: