• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Complete BS system and Ford screwed the people who have been most enthusiastic about the Lightning.

I'm just having a hard time understanding how they could offer so few Pros. It's got to be around 100.

I wasn't naïve, it was always going to be very limited... But, to sell out in the first wave when you offered dealers either 0 or 1 invite, just doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Trash. All the stupid, smug tweets about how Ford doesn't play games like Tesla and then they do the same thing.

And letting a bunch of people prioritize in front of reservation holders at the last minute to buy up all the Pros in the first wave.

Garbage.
I feel like the people who were able to get prioritized are more likely to purchase higher trims.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
If they made this known everyone would have done the same plan as you and it would have been no different.
To some extent, maybe, but most people aren't as enthusiastic as the very early reservation holders and people who have been staying on top of all the latest info, etc. Regular people or people who just got prioritized because they're the dealership owner or an employee or a good customer are not as likely to call around the country to find the right dealer and change their reservation there no matter the distance. My current reservation is in Iowa when I live in FL.

I don't buy that it "would have been NO different".

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The funny thing is I actually wanted a XLT ER, just without the mandatory upgraded package. The only reason I changed my mind to the Pro is because of that BS mandatory upselling. Since the Pro is gone, Ford managed to disappoint me not once, but twice!
Yeah, I bet Pro sold out even faster because the XLT ER is ~$10k-$13k more than expected.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I feel like the people who were able to get prioritized are more likely to purchase higher trims.
More likely or not, they bought ALL the Pros in the first wave, and they shouldn't have been at the front of the line anyway. OR Ford should have managed expectations better months ago and let early reservation holders know they were going to let a bunch of people jump the line at the last minute and buy all the Pros... and jack up the XLT ER to $75k.

Completely botched communication by Ford.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I'm just having a hard time understanding how they could offer so few Pros. It's got to be around 100.

I wasn't naïve, it was always going to be very limited... But, to sell out in the first wave when you offered dealers either 0 or 1 invite, just doesn't make sense.
Exactly, most people figured that the Pros would be limited, but not THIS limited, and not that most would be gone after just one order per dealer when they let up to 25 people per dealer to jump to the front of the line.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
For anyone who ordered another Trim level already, are you able to "Change Configuration" and Extend Reservation by selecting the Pro?

I'm wondering if I should just select an XLT and give myself time to decide before it sells out and I really have no trucks I want to buy now.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
At the current pricing I am going to wait also. I am not buying a XLT for $12000 more for cloth and power driver seat.

I'm in a little bit of denial as I thought ordering within 15min of the presentation would allow me to have a shot.
Yeah, I started ordering as soon as the presentation started, but then realized I had to create a Ford account, add credit card, etc...So took me about 10 minutes - enough to put me in wave 2 vs. wave 1. But my dealership didn't charge any extra for priority and no ADM.

Well, I changed my mind and went back in and ordered an XLT the way I would have ordered a Pro - step gate, bedliner, tow tech and max tow packages. $59,500 but it was only $500 deposit. My reasoning is if the dual motor Cybertruck is years away or (more likely) less affordable than first announced then waiting for a '23 Pro may take me out of the full $7500 rebate. Getting the full rebate on the XLT brings it to $52k, not that much more than $44k for a similar '23 Pro with only $3250 rebate - or $47k with no rebate. If the new EV rebates go into effect that changes everything, but I figure this gives me an option for now. Still waiting for an update on the Cybertruck hopefully Wednesday.

what it looks like I'm getting for $12k more (besides a $7500 rebate):
- superfluous signature lighting
- privacy glass
- defroster on the rear window (I think)
- Carbon Black Fixed Extended Running Board w/ Enhanced Lighting
- Grille – Geometric Gray-ion fine Satin Metallic w/ Signature Front Lighting
- BoxLink™ (bed tie-downs)
- Front and Rear Bumper Body-Color
- Forward Collision Warning
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lightning (that's listed as an item, wtf?)
- LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights
- Medium Dark Slate seats
- Power-Adjustable Pedals
- Color-Coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Floor Mats
- Cloth Front-Seats w/ Gauge Bolster, 8-Way Power Driver Seat

Last edited:

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Yeah, I started ordering as soon as the presentation started, but then realized I had to create a Ford account, add credit card, etc...So took me about 10 minutes - enough to put me in wave 2 vs. wave 1. But my dealership didn't charge any extra for priority and no ADM.

Well, I changed my mind and went back in and ordered an XLT the way I would have ordered a Pro - step gate, bedliner, tow tech and max tow packages. $59,500 but it was only $500 deposit. My reasoning is if the dual motor Cybertruck is years away or (more likely) less affordable than first announced, and waiting for a '23 Pro may take me out of the full $7500 rebate. Getting the full rebate on the XLT brings it to $52k, not that much more than $44k for a similar '23 Pro with only $3250 rebate - or $47k with no rebate. If the new EV rebates go into effect that changes everything, but I figure this gives me an option for now. Still waiting for an update on the Cybertruck hopefully Wednesday.

- privacy glass
- 8-Way Power Driver's Seat
- Cloth Front-Seats w/ Gauge Bolster, 8-Way Power Driver Seats
Apparently that was my issue, I already had an account and was logged-in and ready to go. Congrats on being able to order! Very jealous.

@Ford Motor Company really let down a lot of us who were all-in on this historic vehicle.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Well, I changed my mind and went back in and ordered an XLT the way I would have ordered a Pro
Curious, are your able to go to your reservation page and "Change Configuration" and select an option to Extend back to the Pro? Or at you locked in?

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Curious, are your able to go to your reservation page and "Change Configuration" and select an option to Extend back to the Pro? Or at you locked in?
At first I selected "Extend Reservation" which updated my reservation page with a status of extended but there was "change configuration" link there which takes you back to the config page to start over. This link is possibly always there until you submit your payment.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Here's the thing:
It really sucks that Ford messed with our heads and made us believe the Pro would be an option. If they would have said that the Lighting starts with an XLT $53k I would have been a lot more pumped about the truck I just ordered. Still a little bummed, but compared to any other EV getting a fairly equipped F150 for $53k - $7500 is a steal in my opinion. That doesn't include the other $3k in incentives that I have lined up.

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan

Well, I changed my mind and went back in and ordered an XLT the way I would have ordered a Pro - step gate, bedliner, tow tech and max tow packages. $59,500 but it was only $500 deposit. My reasoning is if the dual motor Cybertruck is years away or (more likely) less affordable than first announced then waiting for a '23 Pro may take me out of the full $7500 rebate. Getting the full rebate on the XLT brings it to $52k, not that much more than $44k for a similar '23 Pro with only $3250 rebate - or $47k with no rebate. If the new EV rebates go into effect that changes everything, but I figure this gives me an option for now. Still waiting for an update on the Cybertruck hopefully Wednesday.

- privacy glass
- Cloth Front-Seats w/ Gauge Bolster, 8-Way Power Driver Seat
Congrats. You must have chosen the right dealer because plenty of us are sitting at < 10 minute reservations furiously hitting refresh right now.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Here's the thing:
It really sucks that Ford messed with our heads and made us believe the Pro would be an option. If they would have said that the Lighting starts with an XLT $53k I would have been a lot more pumped about the truck I just ordered. Still a little bummed, but compared to any other EV getting a fairly equipped F150 for $53k - $7500 is a steal in my opinion. That doesn't include the other $3k in incentives that I have lined up.
Pretty much. The other half of the deal would have been serving their customers in the order received.

Hope Mike Levine's coffee shop makes his pumpkin spice latte an hour or two after he walks in tomorrow.
Sponsored