Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Excellent post @Severdog

But I'm guessing he's so frustrated at this point that he's not willing to Ford's job himself.

I don't blame him, of course, but I WOULD buy the service manual /electrical and absolutely go after it. :)

If he lived near me, I'd do it FOR him only because I want to real bad
Sponsored

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Excellent post @Severdog

But I'm guessing he's so frustrated at this point that he's not willing to Ford's job himself.

I don't blame him, of course, but I WOULD buy the service manual /electrical and absolutely go after it. :)

If he lived near me, I'd do it FOR him only because I want to real bad
OK here's an offer. If this is still a "thing" when I receive mine, I'll schedule a trip out to Tejas and work with you on it, if I can sell the plan to my wife. :)

Yes, this is Ford's job, but they will take the path of least resistance. That's what I would do if I were in their position. I would fudge the issue in the software as the sheer cost of a recall on PB wiring harnesses would blow a whole quarter's worth of earnings and they're already behind the curve after last week.

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Do you have access to the schematic for Power Pro Onboard system? Or can you make an effort to source this? I think that we know what the root cause is for this problem, and the software patch will just be a sensitivity adjustment to an imbalance between "hot" and "neutral" current. I would love to see the power distribution of the two phases to see what connectors would potentially get wet. I am also curious to see if these "soy-based" connectors change characteristics when they get wet.

This is a relatively simple problem to solve if there is a schematic to see how they are routing the two hot phases.

Something that I would try (in your shoes) is to remove the panel at the back and eliminate the feeds from the panel, and then get the area wet. Start with the easiest things. Occam's razor and so forth.

I'm months away from having a PB unit to play with so if you're willing to roll up your sleeves you might be able to help yourself.
I have plan to do that when i have time and when my mechanical engineer son is home . Im also in my first 4 mos of warranty so pushing ford to do just that . I done have a schematic .i have pieced together a few of the connectors though
Sponsored