2021 powerboost backup problems -truck slowly stops

tbonehd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum powerboost
i have 2021 platinum powerboost. randomly when backing up the truck will slowly come to a stop. it starts slowing and then completely stops. pushing the throttle does nothing and it feels like the brakes are holding the truck back. then when i shift back to drive it has a loud clunk and then goes forward. try backing up again and it sometimes works but several times it does it a 2nd or 3rd time before i just give up and drive forward away. after that it seems to drive normally. i have tried multiple things. i turned off reverse brake assist, auto stop hold, all anti collision features and still does it. it is totally random too. it has been to 2 different ford dealers who both have no idea what it is. 1 dealer it actually happened to the tech, so he could tell it had an issue. both dealers just reset/reprogrammed the computers. truck is not showing any fault codes either.
i am frustrated. in the last 5 days it has had this problem 7 times.
anyone else heard of this? if the dealer cant find a solution what are my options?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
i have 2021 platinum powerboost. randomly when backing up the truck will slowly come to a stop. it starts slowing and then completely stops. pushing the throttle does nothing and it feels like the brakes are holding the truck back. then when i shift back to drive it has a loud clunk and then goes forward. try backing up again and it sometimes works but several times it does it a 2nd or 3rd time before i just give up and drive forward away. after that it seems to drive normally. i have tried multiple things. i turned off reverse brake assist, auto stop hold, all anti collision features and still does it. it is totally random too. it has been to 2 different ford dealers who both have no idea what it is. 1 dealer it actually happened to the tech, so he could tell it had an issue. both dealers just reset/reprogrammed the computers. truck is not showing any fault codes either.
i am frustrated. in the last 5 days it has had this problem 7 times.
anyone else heard of this? if the dealer cant find a solution what are my options?
Good afternoon, Todd! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this back up concern for you on my end. Thanks!