snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Here is pic of Error screen that is happening spontaneously. Reset never works from this screen . Following reset by reboot fewer errors only 2 since dec 6th and reset works after the test screen . Next to run the generator to higher loads and test again .
20211128_194407.jpg
If i discover a reliable method to correct this without a software update ford should compensate me for the work i must do to get my expensive powerboost truck working properly within a month of purchase.
Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I had this error pop up on my first few days of ownership... my guess is that the dealer pressure washed the outlets and got water deep into them, because it didn't happen on the test drive, only after the 'dealer prep', which included washing the truck. For me It went away after about a week or so, and has never come back.

Try blowing some compressed air into and around the outlets, see if that helps

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If i discover a reliable method to correct this without a software update ford should compensate me for the work i must do to get my expensive powerboost truck working properly within a month of purchase.
I had this error pop up on my first few days of ownership... my guess is that the dealer pressure washed the outlets and got water deep into them, because it didn't happen on the test drive, only after the 'dealer prep', which included washing the truck. For me It went away after about a week or so, and has never come back.

Try blowing some compressed air into and around the outlets, see if that helps
I have . Wondered if water was an issue . Those outlets look well sealed. The error for me happens wet or dry no pattern .truck dry in garage overnight generator mode on this am .drove to work. Turned off generator mode no errors .fordpass sent message about an hour later that the groundfault was detected
Ford F-150 2021 powerboost 7.2 kw failure when truck new Screenshot_20211208-131453_FordPass
Ford F-150 2021 powerboost 7.2 kw failure when truck new Screenshot_20211208-131453_FordPass

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
For those with intermittent issues, I would go to all fuse panels and make sure all fuses are totally seated properly. I would pull cover off at passenger kick panel and make sure ground wire is bolted properly. Also there was a cable under hood near firewall on drivers side that doesn't always get plugged in securely at factory that can cause faults. You might just solve your problem. The dealers will eventually build a data base of common resolutions to many problems but for now they are probably a little overwhelmed in smaller dealerships.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Curious what "most times" means since it implies sometimes it works?
Check for cable under hood near firewall on drivers side that factory didn't securely insert fully into connector. Might just be halfway into connector.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Check for cable under hood near firewall on drivers side that factory didn't securely insert fully into connector. Might just be halfway into connector.
Yea, I have mentioned that cable under the hood in various threads. And as you mentioned above, I would thoroughly address everything myself before I just waited for Ford and the dealership service departments to catch up with the product they released.

lompocdoc

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT Powerboost Max tow Copilot 360
Occupation
engineer
I used a high cfm 110VAC leaf blower plugged in to inverter at the manual DIY carwash to blow water off. Gets envious comments from others hand drying their rides. Comments like "that's cheating".....lol.............. hope dealer figures it out for you.
That's a great idea! My next wash will have a blower with me!

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
That's a great idea! My next wash will have a blower with me!
The Worx 600 110vac has powerful cfm and is cheap and lightweight. They have a newer model that has 800 cfm. They are lightweight and under like $60-$70 list price. I have gas blowers that you can't use because they spit oil specks from exhaust, and battery blowers don't have enough cfms. Besides, with AC inverter power built into truck, why not show off? Bring wife and run 2 blowers at the same time...... lol.....:p

Last edited:
OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will do .is cable up high or down low?

Most times means virtually every day

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will do .is cable up high or down low?

Most times means virtually every day
I think i found the orange wire . The coupling looks tight

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
I think i found the orange wire . The coupling looks tight
Up high I believe. I would give it an extra push from both sides to see if it will go in deeper yet and securely latch. Just a possibility. I am just repeating what others have found on their trucks.

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Up high I believe. I would give it an extra push from both sides to see if it will go in deeper yet and securely latch. Just a possibility. I am just repeating what others have found on their trucks.
Did just that . I shall report back

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
I also saw that message. So I stopped using the test feature. It's worked so far: tailgating at a night game with a floor lamp, fan, and then I plugged a trailer into the 115V side to troubleshoot a Converter problem on the trailer. I used a 115V tester on the trailer and it showed a proper hookup with a good ground. The odd thing was, I had it hooked up to a customer's gas generator and the ground was not connected, so the tester showed a fault. Even after I grounded the generator. So I assume the generator was bad. That's when I hooked it up to the 7.2 KW F-150 generator and it tested good. So I suggest the test is bad, not the actual generator/wiring. just don't select the test. I made a cable for the 220 connection for a trailer and will be using it this week. My truck was built in March and delivered in November.

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I also saw that message. So I stopped using the test feature. It's worked so far: tailgating at a night game with a floor lamp, fan, and then I plugged a trailer into the 115V side to troubleshoot a Converter problem on the trailer. I used a 115V tester on the trailer and it showed a proper hookup with a good ground. The odd thing was, I had it hooked up to a customer's gas generator and the ground was not connected, so the tester showed a fault. Even after I grounded the generator. So I assume the generator was bad. That's when I hooked it up to the 7.2 KW F-150 generator and it tested good. So I suggest the test is bad, not the actual generator/wiring. just don't select the test. I made a cable for the 220 connection for a trailer and will be using it this week. My truck was built in March and delivered in November.
Indeed i have been avoiding test and leaving low power on all the time for the last 72 hours and the error message has stayed away for 72 hours .i believe Ford when they say its software with test feature.i just need truck to work properly before april 2022?

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
I asked in an earlier post, Does your Pro power work correctly? Is this entire thread about a correctly working Pro power that gives a nuisance message when tested?
Sponsored