snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I asked in an earlier post, Does your Pro power work correctly? Is this entire thread about a correctly working Pro power that gives a nuisance message when tested?
My 2021 propwer does error frequently. Testing it may create a software error that doesnt reset readily . Cureently approaching 96 hours with low power on no error having not touched test button
Sponsored

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SSM 50036

New truck . Generator wont work for most times . Unpredictable .dealer had it 3 days to tell me service bulletin says softawre issue .Ford has no fix yet . Expensive lemon .would never have bought this thing if i knew this was the generators behavior
More issues . FORD PASS APP FAILS AND DISAPPEARS FROM TRUCK. MY PHONE CANT COMMUNICATE WITH TRUCK . SCALES AND HITCH MONITORING ERROR ..CONTACT DEALER ERRORS . TRUCK MIGHT BE HAUNTED . M dealer is very supportive and trying to help . They found an October 11th service bulletin that says some 2021 f150 and mach e w sync4 might have numerous errors with key cycle ? Stop and start ? Among them is generator reset issue . Ford has an update that must be done in the shop . Am trying to set that up .will update once can get that in shop update

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I asked in an earlier post, Does your Pro power work correctly? Is this entire thread about a correctly working Pro power that gives a nuisance message when tested?
When it works it works properly but im never sure if it will work

NBW

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150
When it works it works properly but im never sure if it will work
My 150 has the same problem. Sometimes it will reset other times you can hit reset 50 times and nothing. Dealer does not have an answer. Have you had any luck getting it fixed? To answer WRS the Pro power does not work in my case it shuts down and pushing reset on the screen is hit and miss to start it again. Has nothing to do with pushing the Test button.

Last edited:
OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 150 has the same problem. Sometimes it will reset other times you can hit reset 50 times and nothing. Dealer does not have an answer. Have you had any luck getting it fixed? To answer WRS the Pro power does not work in my case it shuts down and pushing reset on the screen is hit and miss to start it again. Has nothing to do with pushing the Test button.
Well i may have figured out something. I dont ever touch test . That helped but got some rare errors. I leave low power on always . Also because of another car that had computer issues w software provoked by simultaneously having phone conne ted by cable and bluetooth ... i disconnected the charging cable and charge w wireless or long cable from the back . Today Generator ran flawlessly for 3 hours straight pushing 1700 watts on each bank w added load to 2200 at times and no errors . Still going to get an in dealer update that was published october 11th about sync4 issues . They didnt update my vehicle which i picked up November 2nd and was serviced twice since then . Ill update after the update . Saga continues but ill take today as a win .

Sponsored

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Worx 600 110vac has powerful cfm and is cheap and lightweight. They have a newer model that has 800 cfm. They are lightweight and under like $60-$70 list price. I have gas blowers that you can't use because they spit oil specks from exhaust, and battery blowers don't have enough cfms. Besides, with AC inverter power built into truck, why not show off? Bring wife and run 2 blowers at the same time...... lol.....:p
2 mos along and a wired update .generator rarely works .if working i can get groundfault consistently by washing truck in car wash or driving in rain .today in rain/snow generator never worked groundfault persists.
Another appt to ask dealer to review in light of the water issue .they say its software but im 54 and never heard of software that gets wet .
FORD should fix this . This has been a number 1 seller .not for long long at this rate of error . This truck is a lemon

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ford absolutely should fix it.
Your water evidence is a heck of a good piece of evidence for a technician to work from, although I don't envy the job.

Still, and no offense, but your lousy scenario isn't going to affect Powerboost sales. It's not a widespread issue.

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't even tried mine yet so maybe I should give it a shot.
2 more days at dealer. They reproduce generator fault when truck wet . Say they are talking w ford. Re software. I ASK WHAT SOFTWARE GETS WET . NO ANSWER .
MY ATTORNEY WILL TAKE OVER SOON

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
2 more days at dealer. They reproduce generator fault when truck wet . Say they are talking w ford. Re software. I ASK WHAT SOFTWARE GETS WET . NO ANSWER .
It's possible that the trip threshold can be programmed into the system. Without having more details on the inverter and components, it's hard to tell. If they monitor voltages everywhere, they could have programming to open a relay to kill power and display a message if things are outside of a specific threshold. The limits were likely set conservatively for safety. A software update could change the threshold where the system trips.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I would highly recommend you get to know the lemon laws in your state. In mine (MD) you send a certified letter to Ford with all the details and provide them with a 90 day notice to repair the issue. If they don’t repair it, they have to buy the truck back from you. The letter might light a fire under their a$$ and stop blowing you off with the SW excuse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's possible that the trip threshold can be programmed into the system. Without having more details on the inverter and components, it's hard to tell. If they monitor voltages everywhere, they could have programming to open a relay to kill power and display a message if things are outside of a specific threshold. The limits were likely set conservatively for safety. A software update could change the threshold where the system trips.
But no software on earth gets wet ..

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
But no software on earth gets wet ..
You should just sell your truck. Just based on the number of posts you have on this one issue, and your response to my explanation of what may be happening, you're never going to be happy with it even if it is fixed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'd be frustrated too with the lack of the dealerships ability to address this truck's ProPower issue. They really aren't yet experienced with all this 2021 leap in technology and its even MORE rare for them to have seen this specific problem.

How rare?

I would suggest it is so rare that it is the ONLY one any dealership has seen with this malady. It's the only one this FORUM has seen with this malady.

It just doesn't feeeeel that way because it is documented in multiple places here, reflecting the frustration.

I'm OK with all of that except the posts that might imply that it is representative of why someone should not consider purchasing a Powerboost. That's a stretch. Especially considering that if (when) the problem is finally found and remedied, this truck will be just as amazing and fantastic as every other Powerboost with the 7.2KW option.

I personally can't wait until his truck is either fixed while he owns it, or he gets another truck. ???

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You should just sell your truck. Just based on the number of posts you have on this one issue, and your response to my explanation of what may be happening, you're never going to be happy with it even if it is fixed.
Not gonna lose 15 grand this soon . As of today my dealer says they cant fix and cant do anything else until next software update. To be clear they reproduced the water induced error . They wont change the hardware. My irritation with this is if i wait until April then start this process again ill have no solutions for a whole year on a 73,000 dollar truck .

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Not gonna lose 15 grand this soon . As of today my dealer says they cant fix and cant do anything else until next software update. To be clear they reproduced the water induced error . They wont change the hardware. My irritation with this is if i wait until April then start this process again ill have no solutions for a whole year on a 73,000 dollar truck .
Do you have access to the schematic for Power Pro Onboard system? Or can you make an effort to source this? I think that we know what the root cause is for this problem, and the software patch will just be a sensitivity adjustment to an imbalance between "hot" and "neutral" current. I would love to see the power distribution of the two phases to see what connectors would potentially get wet. I am also curious to see if these "soy-based" connectors change characteristics when they get wet.

This is a relatively simple problem to solve if there is a schematic to see how they are routing the two hot phases.

Something that I would try (in your shoes) is to remove the panel at the back and eliminate the feeds from the panel, and then get the area wet. Start with the easiest things. Occam's razor and so forth.

I'm months away from having a PB unit to play with so if you're willing to roll up your sleeves you might be able to help yourself.
Sponsored