snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
SSM 50036

New truck . Generator wont work for most times . Unpredictable .dealer had it 3 days to tell me service bulletin says softawre issue .Ford has no fix yet . Expensive lemon .would never have bought this thing if i knew this was the generators behavior
Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
SSM 50036

New truck . Generator wont work for most times . Unpredictable .dealer had it 3 days to tell me service bulletin says softawre issue .Ford has no fix yet . Expensive lemon .would never have bought this thing if i knew this was the generators behavior
I haven't even tried mine yet so maybe I should give it a shot.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Wow that's not good. I have used mine a few times with no issues.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I used a high cfm 110VAC leaf blower plugged in to inverter at the manual DIY carwash to blow water off. Gets envious comments from others hand drying their rides. Comments like "that's cheating".....lol.............. hope dealer figures it out for you.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've powered my RV many times since I purchased the Powerboost in May. It's been dead reliable, and I suspect whatever is wrong with yours is NOT software. That's a dealership admitting they don't have a clue.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SSM 50036

New truck . Generator wont work for most times .
Curious what "most times" means since it implies sometimes it works?

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
SSM 50036

Won't work most times? No info about what it is doing and what you're trying to do? but the truck is a lemon because Pro power does not work sometimes? ok.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Potentially one of the most complicated vehicles ever mass produced. Certainly at the top of the list in shear volume of components and pieces included in the assembly from bumper to bumper.
On top of that it is way outside the comfort zone of probably 90% of the typical Ford service department mechanics. Not to mention a first year model with no service history or experience.

The consumer must accept the risks associated with all these factors. They may not like it, of course, but it's inevitable that some percentage of trucks will have an issue.

The definition of a Lemon is way outside of the boundaries described. I'm just saying. Lol

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
Seems a bit suspicious this account was just created to make this post and another exactly like it (different thread), and the OP hasn't responded to any comments. In the other, a Ford rep asked for the OP to PM for possible help. No reply from the OP there too

Am I being overly suspicious of this thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SSM 50036

SSM 50036
Seems a bit suspicious this account was just created to make this post and another exactly like it (different thread), and the OP hasn't responded to any comments. In the other, a Ford rep asked for the OP to PM for possible help. No reply from the OP there too

Am I being overly suspicious of this thread?
No need for suspicion . Im on my 3rd Ford vehicle stickin with it but just irritated that i bought such an expensive truck with a system that was the reason i chose it and the system doesnt work properly. Almost every time i drive i get a ground fault interruption error so generator won't work . System reset rarely works . Turning truck off and waiting and hooing it resets is all i can try . Dealer shared the service bulletin that said "some 2021 ppowerboosts " may have this error which is software and an OTA update that is expected by April 2022. NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR A TRUCK THIS EXPENSIVE.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't understand how Ford or the dealer can possibly get away with burdening the OTA procedure with software that is ALREADY 100% functioning properly on most Powerboost F150's already sold?

All of the software/firmware that is onboard my truck is in a software "library", so to speak, and should be available at the Ford Service Center. Just crazy.

By the way, there was a run of Powerboost that it was discovered that one of the wiring harnesses for the onboard power was not correctly connected at the factory. If you open the hood and look just in front of the firewall where the brake/ABS manifold is, it is the only orange harness located right there. I'm not saying it's the solution, but it was causing ProPower to report ground faults and disabling it.

Some were completely unplugged, and others appeared to be until you pressed the connectors together and they clicked properly.

Mike G-Man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 1969 Mustang 428CJ
Occupation
Fed
SSM 50036

No need for suspicion . Im on my 3rd Ford vehicle stickin with it but just irritated that i bought such an expensive truck with a system that was the reason i chose it and the system doesnt work properly. Almost every time i drive i get a ground fault interruption error so generator won't work . System reset rarely works . Turning truck off and waiting and hooing it resets is all i can try . Dealer shared the service bulletin that said "some 2021 ppowerboosts " may have this error which is software and an OTA update that is expected by April 2022. NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR A TRUCK THIS EXPENSIVE.
I can understand that! Seeing your issues (and others) has me a bit concerned with my PB (due in Jan). I've had issues with just about every brand vehicle I've owned (and had some great ones). Unfortunately even the best car makers push out a lemon from time to time. Hope your situation gets resolved soon. Have you tried going to another dealer? It can be a pain to go that route but in some cases its worthwhile. I had to do that with my last truck (Chevy). The whole experience turned me off GM for a long time

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered a 2022 Powerboost and when it arrives and I am trading in my 2021 Powerboost, I'm so familiar with EVERYTHING about the truck now that I will be testing a lot of things before I make the swap. Lol

The generator is definitely on the list. I use it quite a bit. :)
But honestly, Ford has already sold in excess of 60,000 Powerboost. Only a handful have reported issues publicly. I don't think it's a widespread issue. At least I hope not.

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't understand how Ford or the dealer can possibly get away with burdening the OTA procedure with software that is ALREADY 100% functioning properly on most Powerboost F150's already sold?

All of the software/firmware that is onboard my truck is in a software "library", so to speak, and should be available at the Ford Service Center. Just crazy.

By the way, there was a run of Powerboost that it was discovered that one of the wiring harnesses for the onboard power was not correctly connected at the factory. If you open the hood and look just in front of the firewall where the brake/ABS manifold is, it is the only orange harness located right there. I'm not saying it's the solution, but it was causing ProPower to report ground faults and disabling it.

Some were completely unplugged, and others appeared to be until you pressed the connectors together and they clicked properly.
Ill try it . I gave my truck back to dealer for several days and asked them to check the ground elements. They did not specifically do so just said everything looked ok

OP
OP
snyce1

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered a 2022 Powerboost and when it arrives and I am trading in my 2021 Powerboost, I'm so familiar with EVERYTHING about the truck now that I will be testing a lot of things before I make the swap. Lol

The generator is definitely on the list. I use it quite a bit. :)
But honestly, Ford has already sold in excess of 60,000 Powerboost. Only a handful have reported issues publicly. I don't think it's a widespread issue. At least I hope not.
Well theres a service bulletin for it ...
Sponsored