First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you for the fast reply. arguing this now may save me return trips in the future.
Its amazing you can see what they are doing to it in real time. not all heroes wear capes
PTS/Oasis is the ultimate snitch.
Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
My job 1 truck was stuck on 2.7.something and hasn't updated since October 2022. Then out of the blue two days ago I received update 3.5.2. I'm not complaining but it seems to have skipped a few updates. Hopefully the updates will continue.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
My job 1 truck was stuck on 2.7.something and hasn't updated since October 2022. Then out of the blue two days ago I received update 3.5.2. I'm not complaining but it seems to have skipped a few updates. Hopefully the updates will continue.
As soon as mine unstuck, I saw a new update every few days. I bet they start coming down fast now.

Worldmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Ecoboost 3.5 FX4 Max tow.
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Somewhat similar. I went from 2.7.3 to 3.5.3 this afternoon. I’m somewhat confused as I thought these were sequential.

Better than nothing!

Edit: Just checked and, while I now have full screen car play, I’m missing Blue Cruise and at motion cameras. Guess they are not in sequence.

Last edited:

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Could someone check my VIN: 1FTFW1ED5MFC06184 I'm not driving much right now and would like to know if any thing is queued up for my truck. It's been stuck at 2.7.3/4 since October 22. I'm hopeful since hearing some of you are getting updates again.

Sponsored

Blaska23

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Firefighter/business owner
Finally after being stuck on 2.7.4 since last September my job 1 21 got 3.5.2 yesterday. Hopefully they keep coming.

Ryanh6447

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat 4WD
Occupation
Engineer
I was also stuck since last September and just got an update to 3.5.2 as well!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could someone check my VIN: 1FTFW1ED5MFC06184 I'm not driving much right now and would like to know if any thing is queued up for my truck. It's been stuck at 2.7.3/4 since October 22. I'm hopeful since hearing some of you are getting updates again.
No OTA history in the past 60 days and no OTA in queue at this time.

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Sorry for the long post. I bought my job 1 302A in April of 2021. Soon after I get maybe 1 or 2 OTA's and then nothing. I did not think much about it at the time. Then I did a couple of changes using FORScan, nothing major just disabled the horn honk when getting out with the fob and turned off auto start/stop. Soon thereafter I added a 4” lift and 35's so I changed the tire size using FORScan.

Then I started noticing in the forums about issues with OTA's and realized that mine had not received one in months. I took it to the dealership and of course early on they did not have a clue what to do. Then the TSB came out, so I took it back. That turned out to be about a 3 week back and forth because they claimed they did not have the right updates, cables or USB drives. In other words, not a clue again. But finally, after having my truck for another 3 days late last year they finally got the TSB done.

Well, right after that I got another 1 or 2 OTA's so I thought I was good to go, but no. So, then I start seeing in the forums that there is a possibility that if you made changes to your truck using FORScan that it might cause OTA issues, but then I think that was debunked so I did not change anything other than auto start/stop back to on. But even after that it would not work.

Then I started taking interest in the FDRS forums and even though I am Network Administrator by trade it was still a little intimidating on performing the task and having to purchase a $600 cable to do it. But I also wanted my truck to have the nice updates and features it is missing too. So, I got on “Rugedraw’s” cable loaner waiting list to get it done. But I am not very patient so I have now purchased a Mongoose cable and will be starting the process early tomorrow morning, and if all goes well hopefully have a fully up-to-date truck 2 years after it all started. And then, I might even add my cable to the loaner program so that others who are waiting can do the same if they like.

One thing I can say is all the little tricks and tips that were posted to get your OTA’s working, they do not work. I am pretty sure I tried them all. But what I think holds water is having good fully charged battery, in just the last few days I have fully charged my battery in preparation for the FDRS process, and I got one small OTA and the auto start/stop is working again, but still moving forward with FDRS since I am so far behind, I am not going to wait for all the OTA’s to trickle in.

I will let you know how it goes. 🤞

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
With the exception of the lift and resizing wheels, this is practically verbatim what I have been through. Good luck, I'll be following in your footsteps next weekend!

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi @rugedraw , can you look into my VIN: 1FTEW1C87MFB35071

The dealer replaced my APIM a while back and I took it back in this week and they told me the only thing that needed updating was the TCU. My SYNC is still on 21146 Rev 145. My 3 yr/36K mile warranty is about to expire and I want to make sure they perform all the right steps to get me an update. I dont think my truck has ever had an OTA. Thank you kindly sir.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi @rugedraw , can you look into my VIN: 1FTEW1C87MFB35071

The dealer replaced my APIM a while back and I took it back in this week and they told me the only thing that needed updating was the TCU. My SYNC is still on 21146 Rev 145. My 3 yr/36K mile warranty is about to expire and I want to make sure they perform all the right steps to get me an update. I dont think my truck has ever had an OTA. Thank you kindly sir.
I don't have FDRS to check for pending module updates, but if that's your sync version, you are very far behind. Warranty or not, Ford does not pay dealers to perform module updates, so they'll always give you an excuse or in this case, a lie.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Just some words of encouragement. One and one half years ago I got stuck in the middle of some update and it screwed up my 12” infotainment unit. About six months after that I got an update that fixed that with whatever else it was doing. Since 5/10/23 I have received 3.5.2, .3, and today .4. The first two came with the truck in deep sleep mode, not driven in two weeks and a DTE of 40 miles worth of gas in the tank. I’m feeling like when it’s your time it’s your time.
Sponsored