Sponsored

2021 Platinum PB Hybrid

Android

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 power boost platinum
Hello all
I have been using my tow haul mode on various occasions in which I have had the same problem that it gets stuck in 4 gear. It does not matter if I am going up or down hill and on flat. It seems that when the rpm’s go up it refuses to change gears when it should. I have used this mode several times and the results are the same.
I do find that when I operate hauling a trailer on standard mode with trailer recognition it works fine.
It’s been to the dealer but they have no answer or we can’t seem to replicate the same problem??
That is what they usually say ! When they do not have an answer…..
Anyone out there having similar problems?
Is there a fix?
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Hello all
I have been using my tow haul mode on various occasions in which I have had the same problem that it gets stuck in 4 gear. It does not matter if I am going up or down hill and on flat. It seems that when the rpm’s go up it refuses to change gears when it should. I have used this mode several times and the results are the same.
I do find that when I operate hauling a trailer on standard mode with trailer recognition it works fine.
It’s been to the dealer but they have no answer or we can’t seem to replicate the same problem??
That is what they usually say ! When they do not have an answer…..
Anyone out there having similar problems?
Is there a fix?
Very odd. Have not experienced this and have towed a bit. 31,000 miles on my truck.

Are you in Manual shift mode (M button)? Are gears 5-10 still illuminated on the dash... or locked out? If you slow/stop.... does it progress 1 to 4 normally and the stay in 4 or does it start out in 4?