First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I'm out guys. With no shipment in sight, and not even a waiting for shipment status in 3 weeks, I pulled the plug and instead found this one 8 hours away. Picked it up yesterday and enjoyed every minute of the drive home. Got a great deal on my trade, so that pushed me over the edge. I wanted the Sport Package, but the Chrome is growing on me... ?

P.s. The Unleashed sound system is the real deal.

Ford F-150 2/8 builds 20210306_095550
Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I'm out guys. With no shipment in sight, and not even a waiting for shipment status in 3 weeks, I pulled the plug and instead found this one 8 hours away. Picked it up yesterday and enjoyed every minute of the drive home. Got a great deal on my trade, so that pushed me over the edge. I wanted the Sport Package, but the Chrome is growing on me... ?

20210306_095550.jpg
congrats!!! More pics please.

HMG2Ford

First Name
Mic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F150 Lariat ... 2017 Infiniti Q60S
Occupation
Retired
Super Aaron! Looks like a nice truck and if you got a great trade, in addition to having a NEW truck in driveway today, you have done well, glad you're enjoying :)

On a side note, I just received confirmation my truck shipped yesterday (3/5) and expected delivery date of 3/20 but no champagne until it's in my garage. Had a blend date of 2/12 and it was actually build on 2/18, released on 2/24 but was sitting in the holding tank (or another 8 days) awaiting a ride to AZ.

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fiesta, 2021 Ford F-150 XL Powerboost
Super Aaron! Looks like a nice truck and if you got a great trade, in addition to having a NEW truck in driveway today, you have done well, glad you're enjoying :)

On a side note, I just received confirmation my truck shipped yesterday (3/5) and expected delivery date of 3/20 but no champagne until it's in my garage. Had a blend date of 2/12 and it was actually build on 2/18, released on 2/24 but was sitting in the holding tank (or another 8 days) awaiting a ride to AZ.
3/5 must have been some magic date they were waiting for to ship a bunch of vehicles. Blend was 2/4, produced on 2/6 then all kinds of waiting for bedliner and a train until yesterday! Coming to WA says 16 days transit but estimated date is 3/28.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer

20210306_095550.jpg
Congrats! What did you end up sacrificing or gaining that you didn't want?

Sponsored

random1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic
Does anyone know how to track Railcars for CPR? My sales person just gave me that info.
Helpful for Canadians. You can call CP traceline at 1-888-999-8111 and follow the prompts. Tracker indicated shipped on March 3, reported received at Kansas CP Yard on March 6. Getting closer!

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
Congrats! What did you end up sacrificing or gaining that you didn't want?
Well, I ended up getting a 502a instead of the 501a I ordered. I can’t say I regret it now that I have it, though. ?

It also has upgraded wheels, which I tend not to like paying for, but the truck is an absolute dream to drive. I drove from Boise to Tacoma and it just seemed to float over the road the whole way. And it took 2 mountain passes without any hesitation at all. I was amazed at how well the electric motor helped on the uphill!

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
3/5 must have been some magic date they were waiting for to ship a bunch of vehicles. Blend was 2/4, produced on 2/6 then all kinds of waiting for bedliner and a train until yesterday! Coming to WA says 16 days transit but estimated date is 3/28.
I checked the tracker just now on my ordered truck. Still in production. No change in status at all. I’m just going to stop checking on it. I’m quite happy with finding the one I got.

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I ended up getting a 502a instead of the 501a I ordered. I can’t say I regret it now that I have it, though. ?

It also has upgraded wheels, which I tend not to like paying for, but the truck is an absolute dream to drive. I drove from Boise to Tacoma and it just seemed to float over the road the whole way. And it took 2 mountain passes without any hesitation at all. I was amazed at how well the electric motor helped on the uphill!
How was the gas mileage on the trip back? Bet you were able to see some decent numbers if you did some coasting once over Snoqualmie pass!

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
I checked the tracker just now on my ordered truck. Still in production. No change in status at all. I’m just going to stop checking on it. I’m quite happy with finding the one I got.
It’s torturous huh? Mine has not moved from “in production” on 2/9 and the more in-depth Ford tracker shows it hasn’t been released or anything.

I’m also abandoning it for a much better deal on a white dealer stock Lariat being delivered this week. More options than I ordered with a lower price out the door!

Enjoy your new ride!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
How was the gas mileage on the trip back? Bet you were able to see some decent numbers if you did some coasting once over Snoqualmie pass!
I was a little surprised by how few electric miles I logged on the trip. I think because of the high speeds and constant climbs and descents. I think I rolled into my driveway with a 22mpg average for the 500 miles trip.

But watching the tach not really creep above 1600-1700 RPMs while climbing Snoqualmie was pretty cool. The electric motor does a good job of providing that extra power instead of needing to downshift and give it more gas.

I’m still learning how to maximize the electric driving. Even just around town, I think if you try to baby the electric miles off the red light, you’re not going to get great mileage. I think I’ve learned the trick is to just give it a smooth acceleration up to the speed limit, then let off the gas a bit and the electric usually takes over.

OP
OP

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
It’s torturous huh? Mine has not moved from “in production” on 2/9 and the more in-depth Ford tracker shows it hasn’t been released or anything.

I’m also abandoning it for a much better deal on a white dealer stock Lariat being delivered this week. More options than I ordered with a lower price out the door!

Enjoy your new ride!
Nice! Yeah, I have no regrets abandoning my order. I ordered the Sport appearance, and got chrome instead, but I actually like it more than I thought I would. I was always on the fence about going 502A or not for the heated wheel and projector LEDs, so I guess this settles it. This one also has the Active Prep, so we’ll see how that turns out.

I got a good deal and they were generous with my trade. So my upcharge over the original order was minimal.

Matthew2118

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was a little surprised by how few electric miles I logged on the trip. I think because of the high speeds and constant climbs and descents. I think I rolled into my driveway with a 22mpg average for the 500 miles trip.

But watching the tach not really creep above 1600-1700 RPMs while climbing Snoqualmie was pretty cool. The electric motor does a good job of providing that extra power instead of needing to downshift and give it more gas.

I’m still learning how to maximize the electric driving. Even just around town, I think if you try to baby the electric miles off the red light, you’re not going to get great mileage. I think I’ve learned the trick is to just give it a smooth acceleration up to the speed limit, then let off the gas a bit and the electric usually takes over.
Thanks for the info! I'm pumped you got 22 because that's what my current vehicle gets and it's not nearly as capable and smaller than the F-150. I also live up in the mountains near Chinook pass so my drive to the grocery store is a 15 mile 1000ft descent so I can't wait to see what the powerboost can do for mpg and power on the way back up!

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
No change on Ford tracker with an ETA of 3/11. Still not shipped according to several sources (dealer, palsapp, trackers, etc.). Also I'd say since last week, so more than 7 days now my window sticker has not been available on the Ford tracker. Why is that...does that mean something?

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Also has anyone with a blend date of week of 2/8 actually taken delivery or at least know that there truck has been shipped. Several on here posting that they dumped their retail order for a stock purchase (good for you guys...Im considering it if my truck doesn't get shipped soon).
Sponsored