First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
How is everyone doing with your trucks? So far I have had zero issues and am at 9k miles. I have leveled, tires, bed cover, tint, and just installed the mod to stop the fake engine and back up beep on my power boost. That may be the best mod so far. I am adding an app and sub next month to the base B&O system. Hope everyone is doing well.
Sponsored

Josh35

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid SuperCrew 6.5box
How is everyone doing with your trucks? So far I have had zero issues and am at 9k miles. I have leveled, tires, bed cover, tint, and just installed the mod to stop the fake engine and back up beep on my power boost. That may be the best mod so far. I am adding an app and sub next month to the base B&O system. Hope everyone is doing well.
My truck has been in the shop since Jan4 with major electrical issues.
i am in Canada with no lemon laws and Ford Canada is useless in finding a resolution (get me a new truck or give me my money back)

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
Not really sure how to answer that. I have grown into a love/hate relationship with my truck. I love the engine itself if you could forgive the transmission. But Ford has no idea how to program the 10spd correctly like GM did. After 5k miles it still clunks and vibrates. And refuses to downshift going up hills. Build quality is ridiculous. Paint runs, panels misaligned. Multitude of design missteps or just general annoyances. Like no sound deadening in the B-pillars so when it rains and drops hit them they give off loud pings right in your ear. Hankook tires are garbage. Come on Ford. Stop using cheap tires. Ram and GM at least use decent tires. Never received an OTA update since September. Although truck says it’s current. Not sure if that is the truth or it’s stuck. Rear slider rattles so I had to stick something in the track to keep the glass itself from vibrating against the track. Gas pedal vibrates along with the wheel. Fuel gauge is extremely off. Like a 1/3 of a tank off. Also the economy is very off. Says I’m getting 20.5. But hand calc is 16.5. That is mostly all the bad. So the good….the interior is awesome. Love the digital cluster and screen. The warmers are very effective. Drive modes are awesome. Love the co-pilot toys. And the bending headlights are amazing. At the end of the day, had I known what I know now about the redesign…..I would not have made the purchase. Loved my 2013 FX4. It was an amazing truck. No imperfections. The 2021 has more annoyances then positives. Hopefully everything gets better in another 5k miles.

Fquinn47

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Absolutely love mine. I love everything about it. Granted it’s a huge upgrade from my 2003 explorer sport trac, but I’ll take every excuse I can to drive it. Even taken it camping and it the pro power onboard is incredible.
Unfortunately I got rear ended last week by an uninsured driver… and now I’m waiting for parts…. Again. Deja vu from last year.

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
Overall I really like mine, but it's been far from trouble free. I've got the wonky shifting transmission. I've got the cold start transmission noise at low temperatures. I've got a clunk from under front right center when I hit bumps on the right side of the road. I've got a poorly fitted piece of bodywork at the lower drivers side corner of the cab.

It's going to the dealer for the clunk and insulation recall next week. I'll mention the transmission noise and shifting issues and ask them to check the fluid level which appears to be a cause of both. I'll mention the bodywork too. I don't have much hope that they'll look at anything I didn't mention when I made the appointment.

The dealer hasn't helped my experience much. I ordered wheel well liners from them 3 times and never got them. They couldn't be bothered to figure out what happened, and just reordered them each time. After not receiving them after the third time ordering, I found another dealer about 20 miles away who had them in stock.

I also had the "Reverse Assist not available" error after the dealer had the bed liner sprayed. Found the TSB and brought it to them to fix. They only performed 2 of the 3 steps in the TSB and it was still giving the error when I picked it up, but they tried to hide it by turning off all the nannies. Eventually they did the camera alignment and fixed it.

Sponsored

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
I hope all is well and everybody is enjoying their truck. I'm a little late on the reply, but its been a mixed bag so far. 17,500 miles on it already, most of which were put on from 2 separate vacations. I love a lot of things about the truck, but have quite a few small issues that need to be dealt with. 3 recalls, CEL is on for the P237C exhaust heat exchanger leak., wonky shifting 10 speed that skips to 3rd and falls on its face immediately when starting from a stop. Dash rattles, driver seat pops and clicks, exhaust rattles, warped interior trim, etc. I get random alerts about the charging system needing served. Had my trailer brake controller quit working while driving down the severe grade from Yosemite Nat'l Park (recall) with my travel trailer, and a couple of random warnings for high engine coolant temperature while towing. Hopefully the dealership won't need to keep my truck for months to get the issues resolved. I love the looks, and the power, and 7.2kw generator most of all.
Ford F-150 8/2 Build Week IMG_3683.JPG
Ford F-150 8/2 Build Week IMG_3690.JPG

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
Happy Build Week Anniversary!
Ordered a 402A Tremor in Avalanche Gray from Granger Ford to celebrate the occasion. :LOL:
Sponsored