• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm convinced this isn't a glitch. This is EXACTLY why Ford thinks 44% of the production will be Lariat+ trucks....

Few people are going choose cloth over leather, not get Bluecruise or a moonroof to save $3000 on a $75k+ truck
I for one love the cloth seats (hated leather for the past 20 years).

Chose the Pro trim at $45K optioned up - very happy!;)
Wife says amazing low price!

Wish the Pro trim would offer cloth seat option.

As a side note, I found an eBay seller that sells new cloth seats taken out of 2021 MY F150 which I will be replacing the vinyl on the Pro.(y)
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It actually costs $19k because you have to add the option package as well to get ER
Correct..I think I posted that somewhere else...

It seems like the choice for alot of us is: $~53k for a standard battery. cloth, few comforts or

$79k for a Lariat--leather, Extended range and all the options(almost). Very little in between...

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Correct..I think I posted that somewhere else...

It seems like the choice for alot of us is: $~53k for a standard battery. cloth, few comforts or

$79k for a Lariat--leather, Extended range and all the options(almost). Very little in between...
6% sales tax on the $19K difference is $1,140.....so really its closer to $20K

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I for one love the cloth seats (hated leather for the past 20 years).

Chose the Pro trim at $45K optioned up - very happy!;)
Wife says amazing low price!

Wish the Pro trim would offer cloth seat option.

As a side note, I found an eBay seller that sells new cloth seats taken out of 2021 MY F150 which I will be replacing the vinyl on the Pro.(y)
Keep in mind ford is only making around 500 pro models next year.. So if your not someone who put a deposit down during the presentation it will be years before you can get one

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
My pro is built at $44k with tow tech and spray liner. Exactly as I priced it.

I reserved within 18 minutes of opening, so hopeful I will be one of the chosen ones.

Deciding whether or not to add the 9.6kw upgrade just because.

The extended XLT being 74K makes my decision easy... I guess, thanks ford? Was going to agonize over that decision, so saves me time.

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build Screenshot_20220104-070807_Chrome

Last edited:

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Agreed. I think the prices are pretty in line with what was in the survey.

But i guess if you hadn't seen that info on these forums before today, the prices might be shocking.
Prospective XLT buyers got screwed on price. Pro buyers will be unable to get one. This is not what we were led to believe.

I'm totally baffled with the Platinum build (which was originally my preference). The price difference is $12,535 between it and a fully loaded Lariat and all you get are bigger wheels, different grill, and nicer seats? Am I missing something?
You get to look pretentious driving it around, knowing how much you threw down for those features. So that's a plus I guess :LOL:

Repost: Why do I feel like this is going to be a “Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 at E3” fiasco where the Playstation was the king of kings “aka ford” and placed their pricing extremely high and then Xbox had their pricing lower unexpectedly and took the throne; hint to Chevy Silverado EV tomorrow…also ironic that the full pricing is unveiled a day before Chevy’s unveil.
Chevy certainly has a chance to eat Ford's lunch here. My guess is they will try to with promises of affordable every-man options, but they'll be constrained the same way Ford is over either battery supply or costs, and we'll see the exact same thing... vagueness on pricing until it finally opens up, more expensive than expected, and general unavailability of the trim at the entry-level price point. I'd put money on that. Then maybe I could afford an XLT + when it comes true :LOL:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I can see the Tesla trolls are out in full force ….. lmao…..

A Mach-E GT with Performance Pack getting 250 miles of range is $72k but somehow they want a Lariat Lightning to be the same price of below smh. Get a clue, a Rivian is the size of a Ridgeline, it’s not an F-150. Hilarious

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Well Ford screwed the pooch on this one.

Demand is basically going to be Pro and Lariat, that's it.

With so few Pro allocated there will be a huge backlog of people waiting to get one.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Prospective XLT buyers got screwed on price. Pro buyers will be unable to get one. This is not what we were led to believe.

You get to look pretentious driving it around, knowing how much you threw down for those features. So that's a plus I guess :LOL:

Chevy certainly has a chance to eat Ford's lunch here. My guess is they will try to with promises of affordable every-man options, but they'll be constrained the same way Ford is over either battery supply or costs, and we'll see the exact same thing... vagueness on pricing until it finally opens up, more expensive than expected, and general unavailability of the trim at the entry-level price point. I'd put money on that. Then maybe I could afford an XLT + when it comes true :LOL:
I had to add the 9.6kw to mine in case I need to charge our MachE during a hurricane outage.

I imagine Ford will be caught flat footed on Pro orders much like they were on Maverick Hybrids.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
For the rumors that the Pro wouldn't have push to start, that seems wrong.

The images for the Pro clearly shows a push start.
As it should, there is no need for an ignition key

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Looks like I was "blocked" by Ford. I tried to goto my reservation, and it wouldn't load properly... kept on refreshing on its own. Now I can't seem to access the site... sigh. Oh well...

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build Screenshot 2022-01-04 095837

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I feel like the only one excited by this pricing. I expected them to hold back most Pros for fleet orders anyway, so I don't mind waiting a few years, but I was sure I'd have to step up to XLT to get something like push-button start or climate control. Being able to stick with the Pro is a huge win for me (and my wallet)!

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
As it should, there is no need for an ignition key
I typically prefer nothing "ignites" in my BEVs so a keyed "ignition" (which was hinted at by some Ford livestreams IIRC) always seemed odd.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Well Ford screwed the pooch on this one.

Demand is basically going to be Pro and Lariat, that's it.

With so few Pro allocated there will be a huge backlog of people waiting to get one.
I have to imagine they will be a little more flexible and allocate more to the Pro as there's really no reason to buy an XLT at any level.
Sponsored