• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
One data point. I put down $1k on Model 3 in 2016 and took delivery in 2019. Well fair to say 400,000 data points as just about all who put money down on day 1 followed through.

I've had co-workers tell me that they will buy the vehicle off me if I don't take it. I can't sell them my reservation but we are trying to figure out how I can buy it and sell it them. A quick sale like that loses the $15k in Federal and OR EV credits as they require holding the vehicle two years. They may want it even if they can't get the credits. Figure, when F150 shows up and I'm into something else, we go to dealer, they write a check, I take title and transfer to them. I guess technically they'd get the $4k "Used EV Credit".
I don't think the federal credit requires holding the car for 2 years. The "used EV credit" does require the car to be more than 2 years old.
Sponsored

Tones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 gmc sierra
Occupation
Farmer
My dealer doesn't even know that the reservations was stopped lol. The chances of me getting one is probably low. Fing Hawaii

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I emailed my internet sales person about my place in line but all I got back was some line about how he thinks it's still December order banks.

Useless.

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
Did anyone get any screenshots of the Ford website before they (Ford) took it down this morning? The website is NOT working right now.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Did anyone get any screenshots of the Ford website before they (Ford) took it down this morning? The website is NOT working right now.
It wasn't really a relevant site. Note the ICE model pictured and the $40k price for the XLT. Likely just a test that wasn't meant to be publicly accessible.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
You didn't miss much. It was very clearly a work in progress and wasn't at all functional.

Dave0507

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
I emailed my internet sales person about my place in line but all I got back was some line about how he thinks it's still December order banks.

Useless.
I just got off with my dealer and they said January Order banks will be up. But other than that they don't know much else. I guess take everything with a grain of salt until something concrete comes out?

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I guess take everything with a grain of salt until something concrete comes out?
Yeah, that's my mantra now. I was just more peeved that they not-so-subtly avoided my question about my place in line. I think they know I'm so far down the line and don't want me to chicken out of my spot before they can grab a +1 for the lot.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I’m simultaneously ecstatic to be ‘in the club’ with a reservation now that Ford isn’t taking them anymore, and crestfallen that, well, it doesn’t seem to mean much. ?‍♂

Sponsored

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The "used EV credit" does require the car to be more than 2 years old.
So that won't work. Guess they'll have to decide if they want to pay MSRP without the EV credits.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I may jump over to a Maverick BEV if it comes earlier than my F150. Otherwise, I can wait. Honestly If I getting the can't wait anymore bug I think I could find an orphan Lightning in about 6 months after production starts.
An electric Maverick, or really a Ridgeline but that ain’t gonna happen, is what I really want. Not giving up my Lightning reservation though and looking forward to real cost info. The one thing out there that may change my mind is the GM reveal in early January. The 800v charging on the GM is a distinct advantage. I’m a car nut and not wedded to any brand so I’m more than willing to choose the most capable vehicle. Assuming it isn’t so ugly that I just can’t live with it.?

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Like others here, my dealer sent me a very short email about January ordering. Not sure if I'm one of the "loyal" customers or not.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The one thing out there that may change my mind is the GM reveal in early January. The 800v charging on the GM is a distinct advantage. I’m a car nut and not wedded to any brand so I’m more than willing to choose the most capable vehicle. Assuming it isn’t so ugly that I just can’t live with it.?
Besides having little confidence GM won't miss the mark on execution, LG that they are joined to are definitely the most problematic battery cells in the marketplace. From issues in the Bolt to stationary energy storage, they continue to have problems resulting in major recalls. That's enough for me to pass on an 800V feature as a decision point (not to mention I almost always charge at home anyways).

Also, I'm gonna bet that if they have one, their reservation system crashes at launch now that Ford has been educating the market and even more people will want a "what the heck" launch reservation. They might do better to just do a lotto right before production actually starts, giving more people more time to have hope of getting one ?
Sponsored