• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
I really like seeing the S1 note next to "Starting At $39,974 S1" referring to AXZ pricing on the Lightning price. Here's to the X-Plan being back in the mix for the Lightning. Also XLT starting at $39,974 ... really?? My head is reeling over the possibilities.
Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I really like seeing the S1 note next to "Starting At $39,974 S1" referring to AXZ pricing on the Lightning price. Here's to the X-Plan being back in the mix for the Lightning. Also XLT starting at $39,974 ... really?? My head is reeling over the possibilities.
I liked that too, but unfortunately I think it just means Ford isn’t done setting it up yet, and that price is going to go to above 50K. Surprise me, Ford, make my day!

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Interesting, because you can no longer reserve the Lightning on their website anymore. Guess 200k "retail" orders was the cap.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Yea, for the first year, some guessed 20k, Farley guessed 80k, now, north of 200k. Smart move on Fords behalf to stop reservation until Ford has some idea what the supply chain can support in production.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yea, for the first year, some guessed 20k, Farley guessed 80k, now, north of 200k. Smart move on Fords behalf to stop reservation until Ford has some idea what the supply chain can support in production.
Based on what little we know about their potential production rates, and using the 80% conversion number Ford is expecting, those 200k reservations will use up all of 2022, all of 2023, and most of 2024 production. If you add in Fleet orders, then it is very possible Ford has already sold everything they can make through the 2025 model year - when they puts you into Gen 2.

If that is true, or even close, the real question is how many will be ok holding their reservation for another 3-4 years vs. going elsewhere. will that drive down the 80% conversion rate and let some late reservation holders get theirs a little earlier?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Based on what little we know about their potential production rates, and using the 80% conversion number Ford is expecting, those 200k reservations will use up all of 2022, all of 2023, and most of 2024 production. If you add in Fleet orders, then it is very possible Ford has already sold everything they can make through the 2025 model year - when they puts you into Gen 2.

If that is true, or even close, the real question is how many will be ok holding their reservation for another 3-4 years vs. going elsewhere. will that drive down the 80% conversion rate and let some late reservation holders get theirs a little earlier?
I may jump over to a Maverick BEV if it comes earlier than my F150. Otherwise, I can wait. Honestly If I getting the can't wait anymore bug I think I could find an orphan Lightning in about 6 months after production starts.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I may jump over to a Maverick BEV if it comes earlier than my F150. Otherwise, I can wait. Honestly If I getting the can't wait anymore bug I think I could find an orphan Lightning in about 6 months after production starts.
Potentially. All depends on how much ADM you are willing to pay. I would guess based on what we have seen for Mach-e and Maverick that about $10k over MSRP will be the average rate. could go up if BBB passes.

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Potentially. All depends on how much ADM you are willing to pay. I would guess based on what we have seen for Mach-e and Maverick that about $10k over MSRP will be the average rate. could go up if BBB passes.
Some dealers have policy of no ADM. Just have to be patient and wait for one to show up at the right place.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Some dealers have policy of no ADM. Just have to be patient and wait for one to show up at the right place.
Agreed - there are a few that don't do ADM for "on the lot" high demand vehicles. Depends how picky you are on trim/option/color and how far you are willing to drive to get it.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Yeah, it's relatively more easy to find no ADM order dealers than no ADM lot dealers. Many are the former but not the latter.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If that is true, or even close, the real question is how many will be ok holding their reservation for another 3-4 years vs. going elsewhere
One data point. I put down $1k on Model 3 in 2016 and took delivery in 2019. Well fair to say 400,000 data points as just about all who put money down on day 1 followed through.

I've had co-workers tell me that they will buy the vehicle off me if I don't take it. I can't sell them my reservation but we are trying to figure out how I can buy it and sell it them. A quick sale like that loses the $15k in Federal and OR EV credits as they require holding the vehicle two years. They may want it even if they can't get the credits. Figure, when F150 shows up and I'm into something else, we go to dealer, they write a check, I take title and transfer to them. I guess technically they'd get the $4k "Used EV Credit".

Last edited:

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If I know for a fact that I can hold off for 3-4 years without penalty, I'm holding my place in line. Partner likes the Mach-E so I'd probably do that on Ford Options then have her take over when I get the Lightning.
Sponsored