• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
And when I click that little blue arrow I get this:
Ford F-150 Lightning First Glimpse @ F-150 Lightning Build & Price Starting to Come Online! 1638999285896

But clicking "configure" only gets me this:
Ford F-150 Lightning First Glimpse @ F-150 Lightning Build & Price Starting to Come Online! 1638999335464

So we're getting close, but it looks like it's still being configured.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I tried last night and got the old pages.
I can almost order one now.

"Your Configuration: 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Pricing shown for Zip code 78710 as of December 8, 2021 "

" Base MSRP: S1$39,974+ Options: S4$0+ Destination: S17$0= Total MSRP: S16$39,974āˆ’ Incentives: S3$0= Estimated Net Price: S5$39,974 "

Last edited:

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ā€˜18 ford bronco ā€˜21
Occupation
manager
So you can still order a lightning through a dealer ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
So you can still order a lightning through a dealer ?
Not sure I understand the question.
You can't STILL order anything.
But when the day comes that you can order a Lightning, technically it WILL be through a dealer. There's no other way to order any Ford. It has to be shipped and sold through a dealer.

Edit: I currently have a 2022 Powerboost "ordered through a dealer", although I built the configuration myself on Ford's website without their help. But I had to provide the build sheet to a dealer so that it could be entered into the official Ford order system.
By the way, the online build system is not compatible with the REAL Ford order system. In fact, it is not unusual for a special order vehicle to arrive at the dealership and not match the customer's online build because the two databases are not 1:1 copies and human error can miss something during the effort to mirror the online order with the Ford order system.

Last edited:

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
Not sure I understand the question.
You can't STILL order anything.
But when the day comes that you can order a Lightning, technically it WILL be through a dealer. There's no other way to order any Ford. It has to be shipped and sold through a dealer.

Edit: I currently have a 2022 Powerboost "ordered through a dealer", although I built the configuration myself on Ford's website without their help. But I had to provide the build sheet to a dealer so that it could be entered into the official Ford order system.
By the way, the online build system is not compatible with the REAL Ford order system. In fact, it is not unusual for a special order vehicle to arrive at the dealership and not match the customer's online build because the two databases are not 1:1 copies and human error can miss something during the effort to mirror the online order with the Ford order system.
Sorry for not clarifying. I read on here that ford is no longer taking reservations for the lightning. So Iā€™m asking if you can still order one through a dealer without a reservation. Not that Iā€™m going to since Iā€™m sure if you ordered today you wouldnā€™t get it by 2025.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Sorry for not clarifying. I read on here that ford is no longer taking reservations for the lightning. So Iā€™m asking if you can still order one through a dealer without a reservation. Not that Iā€™m going to since Iā€™m sure if you ordered today you wouldnā€™t get it by 2025.
According to several articles youā€™ll be able to order once the first Reservations are filled. But I am sure some dealers will do what they can to make sure orders are not picked up so they can sell with a market adjustment

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ahhhhh Reservation VS Order

These days words have so much meaning. Lol

I didn't know that they stopped taking reservations. But the dealer can't make a reservation anyway. I guess they could assist you by looking over your shoulder.

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
manager
According to several articles youā€™ll be able to order once the first Reservations are filled. But I am sure some dealers will do what they can to make sure orders are not picked up so they can sell with a market adjustment
Yup.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Did you mean once all the reservations are filled or just the first wave of reservations? My understanding is that Ford is going to divide everyone into groups.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford, the manufacturer, has already been down this road. I'd be stunned if they were willing to take on the backlash of allowing Lightning orders from dealers or John doe before reservations were sorted through first.
I'm not one who thinks that Ford is playing the customer like that.
It's not a perfect system, but they manage it best they can. Now the dealership network is made up of all kinds. From those with integrity to some that will cheat if they can.
Sponsored