Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, they have a steep hill to climb.
And they seem to make it even steeper at almost every decision they make.
I'm cheering for them all to figure this out. But it doesn't look too promising.
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Go rent one for a day. Dare yourself!
So I did just that a few months ago. Went to Ft Myers Beach Fl. drove a model Y for a week.
No denying they are comically fun to mash the accelerator and just giggle at the way they pin you in your seat. did a lot of that, everyone took turns. and in one day we went from 90% to 9% charge. uh oh. no prob right, we just plug it in... not so fast pilgrim. there wasnt a single charger on the island . (still a lot of hurricane damage ) only two hotels were open and NO 110 plug even if I wanted one.

So I found a generic charger about 6 miles off the island. left it there 7 hours. brought it up to a whopping 40%. So we cautiously drove it another day before making a 30 minute drive to a Tesla charging station. luckily there was one open charger. sat there 30 minutes for a regulated maximum charge of 80%. WTF? Sure it got there fast. but why was I limited to basically 3/4 tank of "gas". either way. 30 mins back to the beach. So 90 minutes to go "fill up" my rental.

additionally, the interior of this model was BORING. just way too plain. maybe the young people like that, but sheesh. talk about un inspiring. Sure the car does what its designed to do. but not my cup of tea. and every control is on that stupid touch screen.

EVs are coming and I dont hate it. but for now they dont serve my needs. I am glad there are people willing to work out the kinks. but until I can add 400 miles of range in under 10 minutes I am not interested.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
EVs are coming and I dont hate it. but for now they dont serve my needs. I am glad there are people willing to work out the kinks. but until I can add 400 miles of range in under 10 minutes I am not interested.
All EV, all the time isn't yet feasible but for second cars, they are.

It takes my Wife, 5 weeks to drive 400 miles.

She could plug in to a standard 120 outlet at night and be fully charged every day, with a couple hundred mile range in the bank.

Right now, she isn't looking at an EV but I wish she would.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's one very different thing about renting VS owning.
We usually are away from home during a rental. So completely at the mercy of public infrastructure.

Owning is usually a daily repeat use type of the vehicle. (commute)
You charge when you get home.
You have ~10 hours and whatever charger you own. I rarely need more than 2 hours charging.

As for range needs, I currently have no desire for traveling in EV. It's not nearly as appealing as my land yacht Powerboost. Besides, according to my Trip2 meter in the Powerboost, I've traveled 4000 miles in EV mode in it! :)

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
Back on the recall:
I put a long socket extension against the driver side corner of the wire loom mount and smacked it a few times with a hammer. That gave me 1/4" of clearance in 10 seconds. Way easier than a trip to the dealer.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I love how you put it. 🤣

I never "hated" them, but did have them on IGNORE for years. (that's my personal tactic for avoiding the negative emotional drain 😁)

Eventually the technology itself hooked my interest. It's undeniable how FAST it's all moving now. Incredible to witness if you just observe from your armchair.

Go rent one for a day. Dare yourself!
Ha, ha… I “hate” them for what they mean to future generations that will never know the feeling of an angry American V8. But I imagine there were people back in the day that felt the same way about riding a good horse.

I’m witnessing it all from my armchair the same way and for the same reasons I witnessed Cocaine in my youth. I don’t “DARE” rent one (yet) or someone will likely be buying a very well maintained, fully loaded 2021 Ford F150 4x4.

It IS really tempting though…🤔

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Don't forget to get the Flux Capacitor option for the bed. :)
There’s nothing funnier than parody that becomes “reality”…

Tesla’s new Roadster will be available with the ”SpaceX Package” equipped with cold gas thrusters, similar to a literal SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. Tesla Roadster SpaceX Package will accelerate from 0-60 mph in 1.1 seconds.
:oops:

Sponsored

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
Went out tonight for a drive, was heading down a lane that had a fairly steep dive to the Main Street. Once you hit the street an up hill climb until you were over the center hump of the main steet. This was in a hillside neighborhood and is designed this way for drainage.

I stopped at the top to be sure no one was turning in as the lane is about 1 1/2 cars wide. press the gas, not moving, Parking break light on. Ok turn. it off. Proceed down to the stop sign midway again!
Felt like I was bottomed out. Went around to the lane entrance down again, a third time brake decided to engage!

Get home and recall is in todays mail. It states "they should come into the dealership, who can do an interim repair"

So is my problem recall related of more Like this:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/uncommanded-parking-brake-activation-after-a-stop.17234/

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Same here today, 9/25/23, but too lazy to crawl under. Just gonna call and make an appt.
Crawled under, and it was laying on the axle tube. Pulled harness off clip, used a large flat screwdriver to bend the bracket up slightly. Reattached, has about 1/8" of an inch space now. Sure it will pass now, no longer laying ON the axle tube LOL

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 STX Supercab 2.7
Occupation
Golf Cart Technician
Got my recall notice in the mail. Crawled under the truck just to find the special OEM zip tie was already there :rolleyes:

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I go for the parking brake wire recall on my '21 Powerboost tomorrow. I was assured it's a simple fix if not chafed but regardless I scheduled it after everything that gave me an immediate need for a vehicle this week is finished. It was tempting to deal with myself but as a general policy I try to avoid monkeying with things Ford is taking responsibility for. Before I had surgery and stopped driving late in the summer the wire looked healthy. I have not slid under there again but only Had one 400 mile road trip and a little bit of stop and go since.

On the plus side the chirp I was starting to get going from ICE mode into E mode seems to have disappeared so I'm no longer worried about it.
Sponsored