First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 explorer 2014 ram 2022 F 150 lariat ordered
Occupation
Industrial communication sales
The BAP Should all Black interior ? and loose the red on the sport I hope it's more than just .50 worth of used parts ? anyone know?

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The BAP Should all Black interior ? and loose the red on the sport I hope it's more than just .50 worth of used parts ? anyone know?
Getting rid of the interior red/rust is the only reason I went for the BAP. If BAP doesn't get rid of the red leather interior then I need to rethink my situation quickly.

Dan66

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Getting rid of the interior red/rust is the only reason I went for the BAP. If BAP doesn't get rid of the red leather interior then I need to rethink my situation quickly.
Exactly I think it does but then again looking at the pics of BAP I was surprised at how lame it was in real life it may look better (can’t be worse). Lol

Sponsored

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Exactly I think it does but then again looking at the pics of BAP I was surprised at how lame it was in real life it may look better (can’t be worse). Lol
I looked at the Order Guide, it doesn't say anything about the red interior, but then again neither does the Sport Package - it doesn't say that it includes the red trim. Say here's to hoping that the BAP simply doesn't state it is gone, but it is.

LARIAT SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE (863) LARIAT BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE (195)
Availability: • Optional Lariat Mid and High Not available with: • 163.7” Wheelbase • Lariat Chrome Appearance Package (86L) Includes: • 18” six-spoke machined aluminum with Gloss Black painted pockets (64X) (gas trucks only) • 265/60R18 BSW all-season tires (A/S) (4x2) (T82) • 275/65R18 BSW all-terrain tires (A/T) (4x4) (T88) • Accent-color angular step bars • Body-color front and rear bumper • Box side decal (NA with FX4 Off-Road Pkg. (55A)) • Bucket seats with Flow-through Console and floor shifter (standard on Lariat High) • Chrome single-tip exhaust • Grille – Dark two-bar and one minor bar style with dark surround and black accents • Unique interior finish Optional Equipment: • 20" six-spoke Dark Alloy painted aluminum wheels (64S) (req. 275/60R20 BSW all-season tires (A/S) (T22) 4x2 or 275/60R20 BSW all-terrain tires (A/T) (T2P) 4x4 (gas trucks only) • 6” Extended Dark Grey Accent Running Boards (18S) (Lariat SuperCrew® only) • Power-Deployable Running Board (18P) (Lariat High SuperCrew® only) LATE AVAILABILITY Availability: • Opt. on Lariat High (502A) Not available with: • 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine (998) 4x2 • Continuously Controlled Damping (61D) Requires: • Lariat Sport Appearance Package (863) • SuperCrew • 145” Wheelbase Includes: • 20” Gloss black painted aluminum wheels • Black 6” Angular Step Bars • Black bodyside decals (4x4 and FX4 Off-Road Package (55A) only) • Black exterior badging • Black Taillamp Bezels • Dark interior appliques • Dual Exhaust w/ black tips (4x4 and 3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine (998) only) • Matte black Tailgate “F-150” decal • Unique Hood and Grille w/ black accent Optional Equipment: • Power-Deployable Running Boards w/ black accent (18A) (502A only)

I don't like the gloss wheels either, but I guess I can get used to them....just cannot win here with this build. :( Why don't they give us an option on black wheels, gloss or matt.

Lariat 502a comes with chrome. I don't like chrome. So I take Sports Package to get rid of Chrome. Sports Package comes with red/rust interior trim. I don't like that, so I take the BAP. BAP comes with gloss black wheels. I don't like that.....

I figured if I'm going to spend $65k, I might just get exactly what I want. Seems not.

Dan66

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I looked at the Order Guide, it doesn't say anything about the red interior, but then again neither does the Sport Package - it doesn't say that it includes the red trim. Say here's to hoping that the BAP simply doesn't state it is gone, but it is.

LARIAT SPORT APPEARANCE PACKAGE (863) LARIAT BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE (195)
Availability: • Optional Lariat Mid and High Not available with: • 163.7” Wheelbase • Lariat Chrome Appearance Package (86L) Includes: • 18” six-spoke machined aluminum with Gloss Black painted pockets (64X) (gas trucks only) • 265/60R18 BSW all-season tires (A/S) (4x2) (T82) • 275/65R18 BSW all-terrain tires (A/T) (4x4) (T88) • Accent-color angular step bars • Body-color front and rear bumper • Box side decal (NA with FX4 Off-Road Pkg. (55A)) • Bucket seats with Flow-through Console and floor shifter (standard on Lariat High) • Chrome single-tip exhaust • Grille – Dark two-bar and one minor bar style with dark surround and black accents • Unique interior finish Optional Equipment: • 20" six-spoke Dark Alloy painted aluminum wheels (64S) (req. 275/60R20 BSW all-season tires (A/S) (T22) 4x2 or 275/60R20 BSW all-terrain tires (A/T) (T2P) 4x4 (gas trucks only) • 6” Extended Dark Grey Accent Running Boards (18S) (Lariat SuperCrew® only) • Power-Deployable Running Board (18P) (Lariat High SuperCrew® only) LATE AVAILABILITY Availability: • Opt. on Lariat High (502A) Not available with: • 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine (998) 4x2 • Continuously Controlled Damping (61D) Requires: • Lariat Sport Appearance Package (863) • SuperCrew • 145” Wheelbase Includes: • 20” Gloss black painted aluminum wheels • Black 6” Angular Step Bars • Black bodyside decals (4x4 and FX4 Off-Road Package (55A) only) • Black exterior badging • Black Taillamp Bezels • Dark interior appliques • Dual Exhaust w/ black tips (4x4 and 3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine (998) only) • Matte black Tailgate “F-150” decal • Unique Hood and Grille w/ black accent Optional Equipment: • Power-Deployable Running Boards w/ black accent (18A) (502A only)

I don't like the gloss wheels either, but I guess I can get used to them....just cannot win here with this build. :( Why don't they give us an option on black wheels, gloss or matt.

Lariat 502a comes with chrome. I don't like chrome. So I take Sports Package to get rid of Chrome. Sports Package comes with red/rust interior trim. I don't like that, so I take the BAP. BAP comes with gloss black wheels. I don't like that.....

I figured if I'm going to spend $65k, I might just get exactly what I want. Seems not.
Exactly if you add this you loose that wow ! Frustrating or what. My dealer assured me the red is gone with BAP, I hate 20 inch wheels and without accents it’s looks like a cheep snow tire to me
I spend time off road and rubber bands do not cut it as a tire ,
So if it shows up with those wheels they best have a buy back option while I run to the tire store lol red interior then they have a truck in stock to sell

Hilltop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT
Changing my order now that I see these photos. Ford dropped the ball here on a very hot trend. Dodge and Chevy have been doing this right, Ford had a chance to have a kick ass entry and they half-assed it with this. Wheels and grill couldn't look much cheaper IMO. It looks like one of the entry level work trucks.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Looks like Ford wants to push the new grille and matching new straight edged puffed up hood with fake vents on the new specialty models Tremor and Black appearance package. The grille is very similar to a flat black Lariat sport but has some rectangle boxes embossed in corners. I love the looks of my 2021 black sport appearance Lariat powerboost FX4 with 20" charcoal sport wheels. I like the brownish red mahogany color on dash and doors. Not everyone does though. Those items can be recolored with specialty spray products to any color you want. My Dad had an auto upholstery shop that used Marhyde, SEM, and other vinyl/fabric specialty paints to change upholstery colors. The right way to do it is pull door panels and dash pads and console lid and properly mask, prep, and spray in warm and dust free area. I am sure an auto upholstery shop would do it for you for less than $200. I am adding Tremor color accents(grille bar, fender vents, tow hooks, tailgate raised F150 letters, etc) to my black powerboost, but in a richer deep copper-orange color. Also massive Deberti tow hooks painted to match.

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX IMG_5446

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX IMG_5443

Sponsored

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
Looks like Ford wants to push the new grille and matching new straight edged puffed up hood with fake vents on the new specialty models Tremor and Black appearance package. The grille is very similar to a flat black Lariat sport but has some rectangle boxes embossed in corners. I love the looks of my 2021 black sport appearance Lariat powerboost FX4 with 20" charcoal sport wheels. I like the brownish red mahogany color on dash and doors. Not everyone does though. Those items can be recolored with specialty spray products to any color you want. My Dad had an auto upholstery shop that used Marhyde, SEM, and other vinyl/fabric specialty paints to change upholstery colors. The right way to do it is pull door panels and dash pads and console lid and properly mask, prep, and spray in warm and dust free area. I am sure an auto upholstery shop would do it for you for less than $200. I am adding Tremor color accents(grille bar, fender vents, tow hooks, tailgate raised F150 letters, etc) to my black powerboost, but in a richer deep copper-orange color. Also massive Deberti tow hooks painted to match.

IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg
Any special reason for the mismatched front/rear Ford emblems?

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Any special reason for the mismatched front/rear Ford emblems?
Good question! I bought both at same time from joe1966fairlane on Ebay but am waiting for better weather to disassemble grille since it is only way to replace the front emblem. Mine also has the front camera so extra parts to swap. My garage is a mess so can't get truck out of weather to take it apart. Also bought some amber rectangular lights to mount in grille so need to plan that out for same time grille apart.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Hey guys . Posted this under the 22 removed features thread as well. I’ve Been following this thread for awhile now as I’ve got a 22 carbonized gray lariat BAP on order and been waiting to see more pics. Anyone else notice the removal of black headlamp bezels ? As well as the “ black interior finish on console, door trim and instrument panel?”
The wheels on the BAP are not my favourite but this may be the final straw for this package as things just keep disappearing from it….

Pic I posted - the left is from one of the original 22 order guides and the right side is from the latest US order guide.
I live in Canada but would suspect it’s the same.

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX 3BC15B3F-3C07-415B-8AC2-29355110E8AE

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
They were removed from the 2nd version(11/1) of the Order Guide. There has since been a few, today's (1/3) version looks the same as all the previous ones except the very first one. But yes, it has been removed, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm just waiting for the Build tool to update(heaven knows when). Hopefully that will give more clarity. I like thee fact that the "Unique Hood and grille" is at least still in there, but same as you I despise the gloss wheels. I'm only taking the BAP to get rid of the stupid red interior trim.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
The black headlight bezels were a huge selling feature for me. This package sounded way too good at the start. I’m not a fan of the red interior as well. Biggest reason I chose this pkg…

My worry is that the “black interior finish on console and door trim” which is now removed from the guide is talking about the red accents some of us were trying to avoid?
Sponsored