Sponsored

Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others?

OP
OP

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
First they Lie, then they delay, then they cancel the complaint, you open another they lie, then they delay then they pass it off to another "Customer Service" person, then they lie, then they delay, then they pass off to yet a third party only after your tone cranks up. You need to stick to your guns and demand a new truck, period! I did "supposed" to get a new one the local dealer ordered, not the dealer that sold the POS but another. I have ordered one with additional 4k worth of options. But it may not come in till the 2022's are out. If that is the case I may wait till the 2022's and maybe the electric one.
Did they give you an option to get refunded?
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I don’t understand this. Wouldn’t they just offer to fix it before offering a new truck? All I want is for them to fix mine by replacing part of the exhaust and cleaning up the rest.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
What good is refund if there is no truck that I want to buy an drive. I traded in my 2010 Lariat and would have to order it wait and nothing to drive for an unknown number of months. Can't do that need to drive to work. There are no other trucks in stock anywhere that I would want, so now I have one on order and once it arrives god knows when then I get refunded and pay the extra amount as the new one has a few more add ons. Why would I want some dealer mechanic to change out major components that will never be like factory built components when I spent nearly $70,000 for new one not new and repaired but NEW!

Doublet

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 502A Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Development
It’s ridiculous. As of today, I’ve now been told by two separate dealers that their hands are tied on the matter. It’s honestly sickening as you know if this same thing was happening at a company like Porsche, this would have been taken care of immediately. It just shows how much Ford really cares about their customers. This was my first Ford and unfortunately will be my last unless this is made right. I will resort to legal measures if I must. I will not stand for spending north of 80k and being told to go suck it.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
5thgenrams.com is pretty good. Having owned two ram trucks that had zero issues before my 2021 f150 I regret not getting another or at least waiting on the new tundra. Ford also told me to kick rocks when I took mine in For the same issue.
Thanks! I’ve been on there a bit this past week. I wish it had the same easy to navigate structure as this website. :)

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
At some point you have to hire your own "liar".
I have $30k to put down on my truck and I'll spend every penny of it on a good Consumer Affairs liar if my truck shows up anything other than completely pristine, head to toe...and they try to dick me around.

After what I'm sure by then will have been MONTHS, I'm not going down without a fight!

They can REPLACE the rusted parts. NOT repaint them and try to bill Ford for the facad.

socaldogmom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I don’t understand this. Wouldn’t they just offer to fix it before offering a new truck? All I want is for them to fix mine by replacing part of the exhaust and cleaning up the rest.
The dealership where mine is at called the painter to come look at it and he said it was way too much work.

socaldogmom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
At some point you have to hire your own "liar".
I have $30k to put down on my truck and I'll spend every penny of it on a good Consumer Affairs liar if my truck shows up anything other than completely pristine, head to toe...and they try to dick me around.

After what I'm sure by then will have been MONTHS, I'm not going down without a fight!

They can REPLACE the rusted parts. NOT repaint them and try to bill Ford for the facad.
I agree. Painting just covers up what you can see. What's going on on the other side of these parts that we can't see?

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I agree. Painting just covers up what you can see. What's going on on the other side of these parts that we can't see?
If my truck EVER shows up, and its rusty, I intend to have a long chat with the Service Manager before letting him paint any undercarriage rust. Painting over rust is a completely unacceptable solution. Its putting a blue tarp on a leaking roof. This rust issue is not a joke. Frankly, I am surprised that there hasn't been a class action lawsuit filed against Ford yet.

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Is there a good RAM forum you’ve found that is similar to this forum? I’m making the same move (or possibly a Tundra). This has been my favorite Ford forum, and I’d love to find a similar helpful and kind community there.

Thanks!
Yes, this one. https://5thgenrams.com/community/

Just like here, people are friendly and super-helpful. Unlike here, RAM representatives monitor the forum and jump in to help when people aren’t getting satisfaction from their local dealer.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Yes, this one. https://5thgenrams.com/community/

Just like here, people are friendly and super-helpful. Unlike here, RAM representatives monitor the forum and jump in to help when people aren’t getting satisfaction from their local dealer.
Yeah, Ford's PR department should be fired wholesale and replaced by people who understand the consequences of abysmal customer support.

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Hey Bob,
Are there any areas back there that should not be painted? I'm thinking a good coat of paint over everything (except rotor/pad surfaces) wouldn't hurt(?) (Maybe i've missed it, if you have one... a delivery inspection list.)

Thanks (build week 5/17, i'm sure they were joking)

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Yeah, Ford's PR department should be fired wholesale and replaced by people who understand the consequences of abysmal customer support.
The old rule of thumb is that it takes 5X as much money to get back a customer as it takes to retain one. Regardless of how accurate that is, I can assure you that my truck is the last new Ford vehicle I will own.

A family member damaged their Honda Ridgeline off-road and finally admitted to needing a more off-road oriented vehicle for rock hunting expeditions on old mining roads in the Southwest. Ford Ranger and new Bronco were mentioned to me as options but I told them hell no after the fit and finish issues experienced by myself and others with the F-150 and because of the poor customer service from the local Ford dealership that I have endured regarding those issues.

I recommended the 4Runner and worked out a good deal with the local Toyota dealer. incidentally, Toyota is also experiencing supply issues and they have been having a hard time keeping trucks and SUVs on the lot. What would have been a smoking deal became only a good one because the weekend after I stopped in all their 4Runner stock sold out after those supply issues were publicized. The only reason a deal was made at all was one of the sold vehicles fell through and of course it was the most expensive one. Otherwise, it would have been a wait for the next transport truck.

Long story short, I ducked underneath to check out what Toyota considers a new undercarriage to look like and it was exactly as you should expect.

Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 50C1A9A7-A205-4EDA-B820-8EC354CA4662
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 59A99F5B-800F-4F67-839F-F3B7BB113B78
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? C2E2EEDE-6FB3-49E1-8DA2-0F44215EF602
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? D038AA8E-23F0-46EC-A463-61AEBBDD1218
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? C9D1F1A4-F736-4204-BD8F-D40B46C73046
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 5A7EA039-B54E-472C-8FE6-6464EDA4A968
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? 16A92479-4499-4785-B363-4D851D647DD1
Ford F-150 Rust on rear end of 2021 F-150 -- any others? D19B1F4D-7E36-4099-8BBD-9DD6A4C0269D

Ford needs to wake up and realize that it’s not 1908 and customers don’t have to take whatever Ford throws at them.
Sponsored