Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I just for 4.2.1.1 for a 2023. Guess I'm behind!!!!
4.2.1 ?

I don't see a 4.2.1.1 on the list of updates.

4.2.2.1 was March 2023 so not really far behind.

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I just received 2.6.0 today… is there anything I can do to catch up?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Pray to the OTA gods that they continue to shine upon thee.

Seriously though, there is nothing you can do to trigger an OTA update.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
When you check for updates the screen says you are current and no updates are needed? You connect to your home wifi and check for updates right? I have 4.2.4 for my '22 Job 2 XLT PB. Maybe other years or Jobs are different?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
When you check for updates the screen says you are current and no updates are needed? You connect to your home wifi and check for updates right? I have 4.2.4 for my '22 Job 2 XLT PB. Maybe other years or Jobs are different?
His truck is very out of date. If he is still on the 2.x.x updates, he has a job one 2021 truck. He is fortunate that his truck is getting updates and not stuck in OTA limbo.

Not a single OTA has been released to date for our trucks that requires wifi to download/install.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I saw you posted on the VIN lookup thread. I think I may have missed you when you asked for a look-up. You truck is interestingly enough getting a bunch of older updates I hadn't seen in a long while sent to it. I have been looking for a truck with 1.6.0 in its history to update the OTA thread, and yours got it in January. When you go to your touchscreen and you click "about sync", what Sync version does it say your truck is on?

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Correct. For the longest time I was stuck on 1.X.X. About a month ago I received one and now I get one very 2 weeks. I’m on WiFi at home and it always says no updates available anytime I check manually.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Correct. For the longest time I was stuck on 1.X.X. About a month ago I received one and now I get one very 2 weeks. I’m on WiFi at home and it always says no updates available anytime I check manually.
Regardless of how old the software on your truck is, it will always say no updates available if you do not have an OTA pending in your queue.

Sponsored

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
I saw you posted on the VIN lookup thread. I think I may have missed you when you asked for a look-up. You truck is interestingly enough getting a bunch of older updates I hadn't seen in a long while sent to it. I have been looking for a truck with 1.6.0 in its history to update the OTA thread, and yours got it in January. When you go to your touchscreen and you click "about sync", what Sync version does it say your truck is on?
Here are my SYNC details. I also manually checked for updates just now and the system said “there are no updates ready that require vehicle downtime.”
Ford F-150 New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 IMG_1824

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Not a single OTA has been released to date for our trucks that requires wifi to download/install.
I get that. It uses the on board AT&T cellular and the modem. I was just trying to eliminate possible hold ups. From reading posts it seems updates are VIN specific and the Bermuda Triangle exists unfortunately.

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Regardless of how old the software on your truck is, it will always say no updates available if you do not have an OTA pending in your queue.
On an unrelated note do you have any insight on how to add BlueCruise to our trucks the same way Jesse-Infotainment did? I never got a reply as to how he did it in that thread from him either.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I get that. It uses the on board AT&T cellular and the modem. I was just trying to eliminate possible hold ups. From reading posts it seems updates are VIN specific and the Bermuda Triangle exists unfortunately.
Yea, OTA's get rolled out in waves to VINs, but there is no way of knowing when any truck will get an update sent to it. It has been demonstrated that even on wifi, a truck will use its own modem to download an update and ignore the wifi connection.

On an unrelated note do you have any insight on how to add BlueCruise to our trucks the same way Jesse-Infotainment did? I never got a reply as to how he did it in that thread from him either.
To add BC to a non-BC truck would require a lot of hardware added to the truck, several modules replaced and extensive module reprogramming. It goes well beyond the scope of knowledge of a normal person to get that done. You would need the digital instrument panel, the dash mounted cameras that read your eyes, and who knows what else. It would be very expensive to add to an XLT.

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Yea, OTA's get rolled out in waves to VINs, but there is no way of knowing when any truck will get an update sent to it. It has been demonstrated that even on wifi, a truck will use its own modem to download an update and ignore the wifi connection.

To add BC to a non-BC truck would require a lot of hardware added to the truck, several modules replaced and extensive module reprogramming. It goes well beyond the scope of knowledge of a normal person to get that done. You would need the digital instrument panel, the dash mounted cameras that read your eyes, and who knows what else. It would be very expensive to add to an XLT.
Ah I see. Oh well. I’ll add that to the wishlist for my next truck.
Sponsored