• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Ya, I know I can't get a $75k vehicle so either I'm going to wait and see what the 23 model holds as far as any changes or wait even longer to see how the Chevy shakes out. Or keep my current farm/tow vehicle and get the VW bus or maybe a mini Cooper se or maybe just nothing. I'm not in a huge hurry to get an $700-800 a month vehicle payment
The Waiting Is The Hardest Part
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I don't know about anyone else..but I'm watching the VW Buzz(Bus) reveal on March 9.

Does anyone know if VW does reservations? Did they do any type of reservation system for the ID4?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Anyone else have a priority #1 at their dealership and not been able to place an order in 1st wave?

So my dealer in WV has 14 preorders. He was allotted 5. Good knowledgeable dealer I trust that did me right on my Bronco order. Received one of the 1st Bronco's in east region.

I am #2 via dealer priority for a Lightning. 1\6 comes and crickets from my dealer. I email and he says his order bank has not opened yet and he will contact me as soon as they do. He emails me a little bit later and says his rep says he will be able to order all 5 allotted orders as soon as the banks open! Yeah, great news.

Later in the day I reach out again. He shares his systems are still grayed out and can not place orders. I check in the evening here and see orders being placed and reach out on the 7th to let him know the banks are open and orders are being placed. I share a link from our site showing orders. He says he will check with his rep and get back. Nothing. So never #1 or 2 has ordered.

I know he is a knowledgeable and honest dealer so I am guessing that not all dealers with allotments were able to order 1st wave and maybe won't be able to on 2nd wave.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Anyone else have a priority #1 at their dealership and not been able to place an order in 1st wave?

So my dealer in WV has 14 preorders. He was allotted 5. Good knowledgeable dealer I trust that did me right on my Bronco order. Received one of the 1st Bronco's in east region.

I am #2 via dealer priority for a Lightning. 1\6 comes and crickets from my dealer. I email and he says his order bank has not opened yet and he will contact me as soon as they do. He emails me a little bit later and says his rep says he will be able to order all 5 allotted orders as soon as the banks open! Yeah, great news.

Later in the day I reach out again. He shares his systems are still grayed out and can not place orders. I check in the evening here and see orders being placed and reach out on the 7th to let him know the banks are open and orders are being placed. I share a link from our site showing orders. He says he will check with his rep and get back. Nothing. So never #1 or 2 has ordered.

I know he is a knowledgeable and honest dealer so I am guessing that not all dealers with allotments were able to order 1st wave and maybe won't be able to on 2nd wave.
Ditto Here...Small dealer 11 reserves..I was #1 Priority (confirmed by @Ford)...No Wave #1.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
To all those who were not accepted into wave 1, are those dealers BEV certified and they sold the Mach-E?

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
From 48 orders recorded to date about 1/2 were priority. Wonder how many paid ADM? Maybe Ford is using this variable to set waves? Anyone on list promise ADM?

Dirtyrider89

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Technician for cranes
From 48 orders recorded to date about 1/2 were priority. Wonder how many paid ADM? Maybe Ford is using this variable to set waves? Anyone on list promise ADM?
Mine told me msrp but I offered 100$ gift card to get priority

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
ADM is a dealer thing, and I don’t think it influences decisions on the corporate level.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
ADM is a dealer thing, and I don’t think it influences decisions on the corporate level.
I don't know but it is interesting Ford warned Dealers about ADM during a Webinar on Thursday just before Order Bank opened and that Mike Levine has been keeping a list all along on wich dealers have been naughty or nice.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I don't know but it is interesting Ford warned Dealers about ADM during a Webinar on Thursday just before Order Bank opened and that Mike Levine has been keeping a list all along on wich dealers have been naughty or nice.
Thats all and well fine, but the usual punishment would be allocation. However if they mess with allocation, they impact the customers waiting too.

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
Added mine, ext. range, rapid red, Lariat. Ordered with my small north texas dealer where I got my bronco. Was a first hour reservation, so glad to be in Wave 1. Was scheduled in the 2nd batch with my bronco last year, but it was delayed many times from June to finally built in Oct. Let's see how this adventure goes.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I don't know about anyone else..but I'm watching the VW Buzz(Bus) reveal on March 9.

Does anyone know if VW does reservations? Did they do any type of reservation system for the ID4?
I’m interested in the Buzz as well, more from a people hauler perspective than anything else (although if it resembled the original aesthetically, that would be a big plus). I don’t know more than a cursory online search would reveal, but if it becomes available before I can order the Lightning, I might very well get it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’m interested in the Buzz as well, more from a people hauler perspective than anything else (although if it resembled the original aesthetically, that would be a big plus). I don’t know more than a cursory online search would reveal, but if it becomes available before I can order the Lightning, I might very well get it.
Has anything come out about how much room there is behind the 2nd row? Looks a little small.
Sponsored